Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2021, 11:20 AM

227 posts, read 856,996 times

Advertisements

It seems likely that they are using social media to coordinate the attacks on stores. How come no one mentions that fact on MSM? Shutting down their means of communication would be an obvious way to help stop these events.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2021, 11:47 AM

50,898 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridgerider View Post
It seems likely that they are using social media to coordinate the attacks on stores. How come no one mentions that fact on MSM? Shutting down their means of communication would be an obvious way to help stop these events.
Flash mobs of all types ave been organizing on social media for a decade or more, I think it’s fairly common knowledge by now.

Old 11-30-2021, 11:59 AM

19,068 posts, read 27,648,953 times
That would be violation of freedom of speech, right?

Old 11-30-2021, 12:03 PM

765 posts, read 623,327 times
Because you can't stop people from communicating without doing seriously authoritarian things and stopping everyone from communicating.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:08 PM

12,064 posts, read 10,289,467 times
I also read that it is organized by gangs - they "hire" people to do this - get the goods and then sell them off.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:14 PM

5,660 posts, read 3,169,883 times
Quote:

How do the police...or social media bosses for that matter, know who did it?

Old 11-30-2021, 12:43 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,483,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
How do the police...or social media bosses for that matter, know who did it?
You think the police can stop this? How exactly would they do that? How does anyone stop this after-the-fact?

I believe frustrated business owners will soon take matters into their own hands. They'll stop these criminals at the door, day or night, in a take-no-prisoners battle between right and wrong.

And we need to let them. We need to support them, rather than support those who support the criminals.

Only a societal effort will end this madness before flash mobs burst into our private homes and take whatever they think they're entitled to.

Old 11-30-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
You think the police can stop this? How exactly would they do that? How does anyone stop this after-the-fact?

I believe frustrated business owners will soon take matters into their own hands. They'll stop these criminals at the door, day or night, in a take-no-prisoners battle between right and wrong.

And we need to let them. We need to support them, rather than support those who support the criminals.

Only a societal effort will end this madness before flash mobs burst into our private homes and take whatever they think they're entitled to.

Nope. I actually don't. But I was wondering if OP knew something I didn't.

Old 11-30-2021, 01:24 PM

227 posts, read 856,996 times
They stop terrorist related sites and conservative sites....these mob sites can be labeled domestic terrorism and be shut down if the big brother social media sites wanted to do it. Work with law enforcement to direct the thugs to a site where they can be apprehended.

Old 11-30-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
They stop terrorist related sites and conservative sites....these mob sites can be labeled domestic terrorism and be shut down if the big brother social media sites wanted to do it. Work with law enforcement to direct the thugs to a site where they can be apprehended.

ARE there "mob sites"? Are they on the dark web? And how exactly do you know where to go searching, unless you have a suspect or a witness? What if all these people use code words?

I mean...I don't know. I'm not necessarily arguing with you...I really don't know much about it. But...if you're right, than maybe they're already doing that. You know..spying on people, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events