Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 10:24 AM

51,094 posts, read 36,813,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
If (theoretically) he's lying about drowning her, his statement as to when (if ever) she took the dog on a walk also wouldn't be too reliable.

Again, it would be nice if journalists once again learned to report "who, what, when, where, and why."
They report what the police tell them. The death was never ruled suspicious, and the husband isn't under any suspicion and never was as far as I can see, so why would a reporter ask what time it was when he first called? I don't even know if the police would know that, if he called and they told him to call back after she was missing X number of hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2021, 12:42 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,229,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenninindy View Post
What still bugs me about this is that she and her dearly beloved dog may have suffered for a long time, maybe even for hours, in the water, struggling to survive, and there was no security detail patroling/watching danger zones, near dangerous water. There was no on-site security officer, that spouse could have called to go and search for her and the dog there, on that large property. I hope the owner now hires on-site on-call security to do detail, near the dangerous river, after this. Also, spouse, being an ex-deputy sheriff, should have at least phoned family/friends, saying he was worried, with back-up proof that he phoned them. After all, we will never know if he or someone he hired, held her head under the water and somehow drowned the dog too and had a Double Indemnity insurance policy.
Video camera which could be observed at the Front Desk, the office or even any public room could have helped…

Old 09-05-2021, 01:10 PM

22,126 posts, read 13,151,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
Video camera which could be observed at the Front Desk, the office or even any public room could have helped…
This AirBnB is the first floor of some random guy's private home. I doubt if there's a "front desk" and probably not even cameras.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:42 PM

2,924 posts, read 2,595,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yes— the SECOND Mrs. Kravitz. Sandra Gould played her mean. Alice Pearce played Mrs. Kravitz as befuddled and alarmed.
Thanks for posting this. I forgot about the first Mrs. Kravitz, Alice Pearce. I loved both actresses' portrayal of the character but the one who is etched in my memory as Mrs. Kravitz is Sandra Gould.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:54 PM

5,611 posts, read 6,550,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
My friend is in her 50's and is a lot more upset about this than she'd ever confide, but think how hard this whole nasty fad must be for children named Karen, or Becky. So-called adults using code words for b***h or s**t.
Um, I don't think I'd call this generation "adults".

Old 09-05-2021, 02:08 PM

30,385 posts, read 23,854,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
What a 'Karen' thing to say.
Completely agree.

Old 12-07-2021, 01:33 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,465,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
She allegedly took the dog for a walk at 11 am- walking 1/2 mile from the AB&B where she was staying towards rapid stream with multiple swimming holes among the boulders and the waterfalls - still on private property of the owners.

If it is not something sinister, which I believe most likely not (unless husband did it?):

-The dog jumped or fell into one of the swimming holes among the boulders-and was struggling or was carried by the swift water? Or hurt himself and yelped?
- she rushed to help the dog and slipped?/hit her head? Or just couldn’t get out?out of the chilly water?
- the dog couldn’t get out and/or was carried away by the current? This could explain that the dog was not found?

What is the most strange - that she was not reported missing until 8 pm?

This is the most bizarre and suspicious to me.
You are staying with your husband at the hotel- and he is content when you and the dog being gone/missing all day?

Wonder if anyone saw her in the morning other than the husband?
Did they quarrel the night before?
This is almost exactly how a friend died.
He loved to go fishing in a very rocky mountain creek about 100 miles north, and he always took his dog along. No one ever fished the creek because it was so difficult to reach and difficult fish in, and my buddy loved it for those reasons.

His favorite fishing hole was always a long, all-day trip, and sometimes, he chose to sleep in his pickup if the hour grew late, so no one expected him home very soon. But when he hadn't returned after a full day had come and gone, his wife called the sheriff's office and asked for a search.

When searchers went looking for him, they found his dog, alive and waiting for him on a big flat rock that overhung the creek. His wallet, keys, and cell phone were next to the dog, and his body was found about a half-mile downstream. His fishing pole was never found.

The sheriff believed the dog had accidentally fallen into the water, became trapped, so my buddy jumped in to save him and drowned. But he had managed to free the dog before the creek caught him, so the dog climbed out and dried while waiting for him to come back.
No one knew for sure exactly how he drowned, but it looked like he had hit his head on a rock and there were a few bruises on his body.

This kind of thing happens quite often out here.
I once was taking a stroll along the Snake River with a girlfriend in one of the river's many canyons, and we both watched a dog suddenly jump out of a fishing boat going downstream along the opposite bank.

There was a little rocky sandbar that jutted out from the shore close by, and the dog began swimming for it.

His owner only hesitated long enough to drop a boat anchor over, and jumped in after the dog, obviously trying to save it.
It was only his natural reaction; he made a grab for the dog and missed it by a split-second, so he dropped the anchor because it was under him and was swimming after the dog in a couple of seconds.

They both reached the sandbar just fine, but when the man tried to swim back out to get back in the boat, he was trapped by the current and very nearly drowned while we watched in helpless horror.

The current was too strong for him to keep a hold on the boat, and he kept slipping away downstream, then fought the current going back upstream to the boat.

He managed to grab hold of the anchor rope just as he went under, and saved himself while his dog stayed on the sandbar.

The effort totally exhausted him, and he had to just sit in his boat for almost 20 minutes before he regained the strength to row over and call the dog.

The dog swum back to the boat, which was only a few feet away, and was hauled in, so they both lived.

But within only 2 minutes or less, he could have drowned more easily than lived. If he had been 6 inches further away from that anchor rope, he would have surely gone under for good because he wast completely spent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events