Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2022, 05:29 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,973,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
This case is about international sex trafficking.

These girls were trafficked. Transported between Florida, New York, London and Epstein's Island to service Epstein's wealthy and powerful associates. Epstein and Maxwell are guilty but so are the men who took part in this crime. There were multiple girls present at these events. How could they not know what was going on in these settings? I'm sure they did but believed they're power and wealth would shield them from the consequences of their actions.

I have to wonder if this is some kind of deliberate diversion of one kind or another. If all the world's attention is on this, all the interest,.....and not what has been going on for decades as reported by the State Department and UN Office on Drugs and Crime, how so many little, unknown people have fallen victim. How it is also the traffickers that one sees on the Interpol notices.

It is good that the world is taking some interest but after the rich have fallen, will they care about those described in this PSA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxcjiQ74mYc .... do they care now?

Hence, back to the topic. Tell me that a Royal Family prince is in a scandal and is stripped, to me, it is who is that? Tell me that he is a common international criminal that I will see on the Interpol notices and then there might be some point to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2022, 10:25 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Yeah, I keep hearing 17 thrown around and it does make me think that there may not be much there.

I just googled the age of consent in the US states and it seems like 17 is legal in 39/50 US states.

https://www.bhwlawfirm.com/legal-age...ed-states-map/
What does legal have to do with it? he wasn't arrested, he embarrassed the royal family (and again this was not the first time) and made them look bad, so they stripped his royal titles.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:26 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
I think it is similar to young, inexperienced girls who are sucked into online relationships with older guys, and who might run away with their abusers. The girls Maxwell groomed for Epstein were poor, at loose ends and with few prospects. She showed an interest in them, flattering and exciting them with promises of help. She helped normalize sexual behavior around Epstein. Once they were enticed, and sucked in, they had trouble disengaging. They did suffer feelings of remorse and disgust—and anger.

Epstein had immense wealth, and had cultivated powerful friends. These young girls were simply bodies to his friends, to be used, discarded and forgotten the next day. They were trafficked and that is illegal in the US.

He stole years of their lives, and their innocence.

About Clinton: people assume he was involved with Epstein’s harem, but I’ve only read evidence that he accepted a plane ride from Epstein as he was organizing his Big Idea after his presidency. It is entirely possible that some of Epstein’s friends in high places knew him only as an ultra rich philanthropist. Possibly there is other information I haven’t run into.

It is interesting to me that people are quite willing to assume Clinton was involved with Epstein’s girls, but unwilling to believe the testimony of the girls’ themselves.

Old 01-18-2022, 11:56 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,865,758 times
It's obvious that some people here haven't seen the specials that covered some of these women's experiences when they were younger.

If you had actually watched these programs, you would know that Virginia Roberts Giuffre was approached about having a baby for Jeffrey Epstein -- this was done by Ghislaine Maxwell. Virginia went back at them with "you promised me that I would get a massage therapy license" so they sent her to Thailand to get it (and that in itself is ridiculously suspect). That's when she met her now husband and made her getaway from that ridiculous situation she was in.

But she is just a harlot with a big letter H on her chest.

She was supposed to have Jeffrey Epstein's baby and just hand it over to him -- and what was he going to do with it?? Hmm??

Did you even stop to think that she's trying to help bring closure for so many of these women who are actually countless and many of them nameless, who will never ever come forward?? We'll never know how many there were.

Now I suppose some of you will come back and say "there weren't that many and it wasn't that bad." "It didn't even happen at all !!"

I'm very glad the judgemental people on this thread will probably never be on a jury involving trafficked young women. You know, because victims lie.

Old 01-18-2022, 12:53 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
Personally, I don't think there's been a really "innocent" 17-year-old girl in quite a few decades.

But YMMV.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:16 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,947,919 times
I still can't believe Andrew has, but Harry and Meghan haven't.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:32 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Yeah, I keep hearing 17 thrown around and it does make me think that there may not be much there.

I just googled the age of consent in the US states and it seems like 17 is legal in 39/50 US states.

https://www.bhwlawfirm.com/legal-age...ed-states-map/
The age of consent in the UK is 16.

The case against Prince Andrew would be based on charges of sex trafficking.

Old 01-18-2022, 04:38 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
I also want to mention that Epstein was convicted of having sex with underage females, in Florida, but his influence and money bought him an unprecedented deal with the prosecution. But, he was convicted.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:03 PM

2,612 posts, read 928,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
What does legal have to do with it? he wasn't arrested, he embarrassed the royal family (and again this was not the first time) and made them look bad, so they stripped his royal titles.
I thought he was involve in some kind of court case for illegal activity? People are expecting some sort of legal ramifications for him, no? I dont know anything about royal titles. It amazes me that people still play that game.

I guess I should have read more on this as I was under the belief that the deal with Epstein and those who he associated with were thought to be illegal and not just distasteful.

Old 01-18-2022, 06:44 PM

631 posts, read 287,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
It's obvious that some people here haven't seen the specials that covered some of these women's experiences when they were younger.

If you had actually watched these programs, you would know that Virginia Roberts Giuffre was approached about having a baby for Jeffrey Epstein -- this was done by Ghislaine Maxwell. Virginia went back at them with "you promised me that I would get a massage therapy license" so they sent her to Thailand to get it (and that in itself is ridiculously suspect). That's when she met her now husband and made her getaway from that ridiculous situation she was in.

But she is just a harlot with a big letter H on her chest.

She was supposed to have Jeffrey Epstein's baby and just hand it over to him -- and what was he going to do with it?? Hmm??

Did you even stop to think that she's trying to help bring closure for so many of these women who are actually countless and many of them nameless, who will never ever come forward?? We'll never know how many there were.

Now I suppose some of you will come back and say "there weren't that many and it wasn't that bad." "It didn't even happen at all !!"

I'm very glad the judgemental people on this thread will probably never be on a jury involving trafficked young women. You know, because victims lie.
Thank you for saying this.

It's not about the technicalities of the age of consent, and whether a 17-year-old high-end sex worker is a seasoned pro, for crying out loud. Epstein's stable of girls ranged in age from 13 and up, and whether they were 'seasoned' or not is beside the point. The point is that these people, specifically these people, had an incomparable advantage over the adolescents they loaned out, both in terms of wealth, social influence, and more mature psychology (the older we are, the easier it is to game others, simply due to life experience. We are not supposed to use our life experience to game adolescents and children!). Victims of such tactics don't even understand how they are sucked into the exploitative dynamic, and very, very often feel exactly as some posters are suggesting: that they were complicit in the 'deal.' It can take a lifetime to understand that the 'deal' was a form of abuse which took advantage of the girl's lack of understanding. Shame and guilt -- and pointing out how she 'knew' what the deal entailed -- are all weapons in keeping her in her place.

Did Giuffre attend 17 White House dinners? Nope. When she got tiresome to her keepers, she was sent to Thailand for 'massage therapy' school. Meanwhile, Epstein even got out from under his 2008 case with a 13-month sentence with liberal 'work-release' hours, allowing him to pretty much continue in his lifestyle as before, except for where he slept for 8 hours. I don't believe there's another sex offender in this entire country who got the sweet deal Epstein got back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events