Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2022, 08:24 AM

27,147 posts, read 13,438,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I still can't believe Andrew has, but Harry and Meghan haven't.
Prince Harry did lose his a number of titles, and he can no longer use the term HRH.

Likewise Andrew has lost his military titles titles and charity associations and can not use HRH an more.

Prince Andrew is entitled to call himself Prince and Duke, just as Harry is.

Both keep some titles related to their time in armed forces, but have lost most of the honourary titles such as Colonel of the Grenadier Guards (Prince Andrew) or Captain General Royal Marines (Prince Harry).

These titles will now be redistributed among other members of the Royal Family including Prince Edward who will now be given greater responsibility, along with his wife Sophie Duchess of Wessex, as well as Princess Anne and others.

The inner circle of the Royals, now being the Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William, as Prince Philip sadly passed away last year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2022, 09:30 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaea View Post
Thank you for saying this.

It's not about the technicalities of the age of consent, and whether a 17-year-old high-end sex worker is a seasoned pro, for crying out loud. Epstein's stable of girls ranged in age from 13 and up, and whether they were 'seasoned' or not is beside the point. The point is that these people, specifically these people, had an incomparable advantage over the adolescents they loaned out, both in terms of wealth, social influence, and more mature psychology (the older we are, the easier it is to game others, simply due to life experience. We are not supposed to use our life experience to game adolescents and children!). Victims of such tactics don't even understand how they are sucked into the exploitative dynamic, and very, very often feel exactly as some posters are suggesting: that they were complicit in the 'deal.' It can take a lifetime to understand that the 'deal' was a form of abuse which took advantage of the girl's lack of understanding. Shame and guilt -- and pointing out how she 'knew' what the deal entailed -- are all weapons in keeping her in her place.

Did Giuffre attend 17 White House dinners? Nope. When she got tiresome to her keepers, she was sent to Thailand for 'massage therapy' school. Meanwhile, Epstein even got out from under his 2008 case with a 13-month sentence with liberal 'work-release' hours, allowing him to pretty much continue in his lifestyle as before, except for where he slept for 8 hours. I don't believe there's another sex offender in this entire country who got the sweet deal Epstein got back then.
There had to be some sort of secret payoff. To my knowledge, this has never been properly investigated.

Old 01-19-2022, 10:02 AM

13,707 posts, read 12,421,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
There had to be some sort of secret payoff. To my knowledge, this has never been properly investigated.
He had a legal team equivalent to OJ. And I don't think he paid anyone off but I do think he may have had kompromat on enough folks to extort the plush plea deal.

Old 01-19-2022, 11:16 AM

2,612 posts, read 928,198 times
Quote:
Neither has Epstein's escape from prison and current whereabouts.

I read recently that cases were dropped against the prison guards who were on duty the night of his escape.

Old 01-19-2022, 11:43 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,144,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post

I read recently that cases were dropped against the prison guards who were on duty the night of his escape.
Epstein is dead.

I’ve never heard how he amassed such extraordinary wealth, or what has happened to it.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:37 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,593,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The title of this thread is misleading and slanderous. Read the article in full instead of jumping to conclusions based on an incorrect thread title.

Prince Andrew has not been stripped of his titles, he has voluntarily released them back to the Queen to be dispensed to other members of the Royal Family.

I don’t think that it’s voluntary when your mother twists your arm up your back;

On Thursday, a letter was signed by more than 150 Royal Navy, RAF and Army veterans asking the Queen to strip Prince Andrew of his eight British military titles.
Lt Stuart Hunt, who served in The 1st Royal Tank Regiment and signed the letter, welcomed the prince losing his military titles but suggested the matter should have been resolved sooner.
The 52-year-old told the PA News Agency: "It's an unsavoury business... I'm just glad he's not associated with the military now.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Reading American replies, I'm not sure if we're as much disgusted as we claim to be about the inheritances, or, more accurately, jealous.
I'm not jealous - I am just easily entertained.

I don't care whether or not royalty exists - it doesn't exist here and that's my scope of interest so to speak. It's not my business whether or not another country has royalty.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:54 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
I thought he was involve in some kind of court case for illegal activity? People are expecting some sort of legal ramifications for him, no? I dont know anything about royal titles. It amazes me that people still play that game.

I guess I should have read more on this as I was under the belief that the deal with Epstein and those who he associated with were thought to be illegal and not just distasteful.
Epstein’s activities were illegal, but I don’t know about charges for his party guests. I’m just addressing the subject of the thread, which is him being stripped of his royal titles.

And again, he has a history going back decades of doing things to embarrass the royal family, this was probably the last straw.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:55 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:

I never even considered that, but it really wouldn’t surprise me. He was going to bring down a lot of very powerful people.

Old 01-19-2022, 12:57 PM

2,612 posts, read 928,198 times
Quote:
Epstein is dead.

I’ve never heard how he amassed such extraordinary wealth, or what has happened to it.
Really? How did he die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events