Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 07:57 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times

Advertisements

People are wondering how it could have happened? I imagine at 3:00 am they don't have many good witnesses.

But I'd suggest it's a combination of being tired or intoxicated, the poor judgement of trying to dance on a moving vehicle and thinking any of this is a good way and time to celebrate the birthday of a child.

There's a start of possible reasons. Good grief.

This is tragic - one of thousands of stories of people planning a good time with poor choices. At twenty-nine I would have probably thought the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 08:13 AM

36,507 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
People are wondering how it could have happened? I imagine at 3:00 am they don't have many good witnesses.

But I'd suggest it's a combination of being tired or intoxicated, the poor judgement of trying to dance on a moving vehicle and thinking any of this is a good way and time to celebrate the birthday of a child.

There's a start of possible reasons. Good grief.

This is tragic - one of thousands of stories of people planning a good time with poor choices. At twenty-nine I would have probably thought the same.
I thought party busses were meant for partying, including dancing, IDK. In any event renting a bus seems to me good judgement if thats what you will be doing. I would also assume the bus to take safety precautions like making sure these doors dont open easily.
Also we dont know how old her niece was. It could have been her 21st, we dont know she was a child.

Old 02-01-2022, 08:37 AM

1,108 posts, read 528,564 times
here's your sign

Old 02-01-2022, 08:38 AM

12,040 posts, read 8,414,540 times
Yeah, I was thinking of those things after I posted, 2mares. Also there could be some cultural differences in what a fiesta is.

I am reminded of that all too true saying, "Nothing good happens after midnight." I see a lot of unfortunate things happening at celebrations in the news. If people party too hard or too long tragic things can happen.

Old 02-01-2022, 09:22 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Sounds like she was living a fly by the seat of your pants kind of life. Who the heck has 5 kids by age 29?

Also sounds like they'll be looking for a payout from the bus company. I mean it's one thing to take a bus so you don't have to drive yourself...it's another to be smashed, dancing on a bus at 3am and fall out the back door. I'm guessing it wasn't the bus company or the driver who opened the back door.

All that aside it's sad that she died but if you engage in risky behavior bad things can happen...and the family should just accept that and not be blaming the bus company

Old 02-01-2022, 10:18 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
It just goes to show that when it's your time, it's your time.

Sounds like the bus was driving with the door open and even if it wasn't, I'm sure there will be a huge lawsuit.

I think I read there was a go fund me too, so they will at least get money from her death. Not trying to be cold hearted, I know they'd rather have her. I'm over these go fund me's where some people really make out financially while other people don't get a funeral when they die because family can't afford it.

I guess people should think twice about these party buses. I'd never party on one for many reasons.

2 links. The go fund me by her husband, says she was celebrating her birthday a day early but the article below says it was her nieces birthday.

She was dancing in this "bus" that isn't registered to a busniess when she tripped, falling out of the back. The registration for the party bus expires tomorrow.

Of course he has an attorney to sue. The go fund me almost has $80k.

I agree that nothing good comes after midnight. I guess everyone is learning a hard lesson about these party buses, if it even was one of those fancy party buses.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood. I shouldn't have opened this thread. lol

Heather Garcia-Tragic accidents claims mother of 5 $78,458 raised of $50,000 goal

Quote:
The love of my life did not make it to see her 30th birthday. She was out celebrating her birthday with some friends and family, She would have turned 30 years old on January 31st. What I thought would be a fun night out for her turned into a tragic ending for us. She was the life of the party always up for a good time.

CHP focusing on safety of party bus after mother of 5 was killed when she fell off
The family of Heather Garcia is now working with an attorney as they attempt to figure out how this tragedy happened.

Quote:
Heather Garcia, a mother of five young children, was celebrating her niece's birthday on Saturday when she fell out the bus.

Family members who spoke with Eyewitness News on Sunday said Garcia was dancing when she tripped and fell back on the door.

The family said the door opened and sent Garcia out onto the freeway, which is now the center of an investigation. CHP Ofc. Roberto Gomez told ABC7 there are several questions.

"How can it occur that someone just falls out of a bus like that?" he asked. "I think that's going to be number one, obviously, the cause of that."

The driver of the moving vehicle, who authorities say remained on the scene when the crash happened, was identified in the accident report as Edwin Torres.

According to the report, it doesn't appear the vehicle belongs to any company. According to records from the California Department of Motor Vehicles, the registration is set to expire on Wednesday.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:18 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Sounds like she was living a fly by the seat of your pants kind of life. Who the heck has 5 kids by age 29?

Also sounds like they'll be looking for a payout from the bus company. I mean it's one thing to take a bus so you don't have to drive yourself...it's another to be smashed, dancing on a bus at 3am and fall out the back door. I'm guessing it wasn't the bus company or the driver who opened the back door.

All that aside it's sad that she died but if you engage in risky behavior bad things can happen...and the family should just accept that and not be blaming the bus company
I wouldn't want 5 kids by 29, but I'm not going to judge her because of that. To each their own. At least she's not a Duggar.
No, the bus company is at fault. If they can't keep their patrons safe, then the moving bus model of drinking and partying has failed.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:27 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Okay this isn't especially a nice thing to say, but she has five kids and was out at 3 a.m., wow. Maybe my group of friends were all a bunch of stick in the muds, but we simply could not have functioned the following day. Anyway, I'm sorry she died, that is truly sad.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:38 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,148,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Okay this isn't especially a nice thing to say, but she has five kids and was out at 3 a.m., wow. Maybe my group of friends were all a bunch of stick in the muds, but we simply could not have functioned the following day. Anyway, I'm sorry she died, that is truly sad.

Maybe she wasn't going to have to function the next day. Maybe she and her friends were going to get a hotel room and sleep in.

Old 02-01-2022, 10:46 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
This has occurred before, in this case the victim wasn't even intoxicated just an accident. Keep in mind that literally hundreds of thousands of people go on party buses each year so there will be fluke accidents from time to time.

https://fox4kc.com/news/khp-report-d...rom-party-bus/

Sounds like they didn't properly latch the back door and then leaned against it.

I've heard of other incidents too like this one:
https://abcnews.go.com/US/teens-deat...ry?id=20144369

Lots of other party bus incidents like roofless ones where people fell off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events