Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 10:55 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Maybe she wasn't going to have to function the next day. Maybe she and her friends were going to get a hotel room and sleep in.
Agreed.
Her husband posted on the gofundme account he created for his wife. Obviously he had known and was going to be home to take care of the kids needs. Young women don't need to turn into old maids just because they're mothers now, geesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 11:25 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Agreed.
Her husband posted on the gofundme account he created for his wife. Obviously he had known and was going to be home to take care of the kids needs. Young women don't need to turn into old maids just because they're mothers now, geesh.
Yeah folks need to go a lot more gently here.

We don't know if she was drunk and if so she has a lot of kids and a hubby that will greatly miss her.

Others have died just leaning up against an unlatched door through no fault of their own.

Old 02-01-2022, 11:32 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Agreed.
No kidding. Can you not celebrate your big 30 if you have kids. Can mothers not have a few drinks and dance.

It never ceases to amaze me how judgmental people are of mothers.

Last edited by 2mares; 02-01-2022 at 12:57 PM..

Old 02-01-2022, 12:07 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
I am not going to judge her for being out late at night one night...I have no idea how often she goes out...maybe she doesn't go out often at all. Maybe she goes out every weekend though. Who knows.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I am not going to judge her for being out late at night one night...I have no idea how often she goes out...maybe she doesn't go out often at all. Maybe she goes out every weekend though. Who knows.
Your previous post sounded pretty judgy. Who cares if she goes out every weekend. In all appearances she is a good mother and it is a good family. No insinuations of alcoholism or neglect or abuse.

When I was a teen I babysat for a family, only 2 kids, 9 and 4. They worked hard all week running a business and they, both of them, went out every single Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes they would drink, sometimes they went gambling. I dont know what all they did, I didnt care. They were good loving parents and took care of their children.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:19 PM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your previous post sounded pretty judgy. Who cares if she goes out every weekend. In all appearances she is a good mother and it is a good family. No insinuations of alcoholism or neglect or abuse.

When I was a teen I babysat for a family, only 2 kids, 9 and 4. They worked hard all week running a business and they, both of them, went out every single Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes they would drink, sometimes they went gambling. I dont know what all they did, I didnt care. They were good loving parents and took care of their children.
I don't really care if I sound judgey or not. If you choose to bring 5 children into the world by the age of 29 then perhaps your drinking/party days should be done.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:23 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

I babysat 4 boys every Friday in the 70's while their parents went to their bowling league. Came home pretty trashed too. I was paid 50 cents an hour for that!

Quote:
I don't really care if I sound judgey or not. If you choose to bring 5 children into the world by the age of 29 then perhaps your drinking/party days should be done.
Huh. Well...that's your choice. Others don't have to agree with you.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:33 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
I agree. I'm reminded of the verse in the Bible: "When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways." Staying up late partying, though obviously something that is done by a lot of adults, is a childish thing. What would sway my opinion one way or another is how often she did that sort of thing. We all have our moments when we let loose, and maybe this was a rare event for her that ended tragically. But I would feel very differently if she made a habit of partying every weekend. And I don't care if that sounds judgey or not.

That said, she certainly didn't deserve to die for having a night of fun. I haven't heard what kind of bus it was that she was on. School buses have doors in the back; tour buses do not. If this particular party bus was a converted school bus, then yes, it wouldn't be that hard to be dancing in the back and fall against the door. But if it's a tour bus, I would think it would be pretty tricky to maneuver up next to the driver and then do a sharp right down the stairwell onto the door. Not impossible, but not as easy to do either. Unless you're so drunk that you've lost control over your own bodily motions.

In any case, RIP to the young lady, and condolences to her husband and children.

Old 02-01-2022, 01:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Sounds like she was living a fly by the seat of your pants kind of life. Who the heck has 5 kids by age 29?

Also sounds like they'll be looking for a payout from the bus company. I mean it's one thing to take a bus so you don't have to drive yourself...it's another to be smashed, dancing on a bus at 3am and fall out the back door. I'm guessing it wasn't the bus company or the driver who opened the back door.

All that aside it's sad that she died but if you engage in risky behavior bad things can happen...and the family should just accept that and not be blaming the bus company
Party buses allow dancing. They allow drinking. Since they allow dancing and drinking, they have a responsibility to make sure passengers are safe. That includes all passengers and not just ones deemed worthy of celebrating. The door was obviously faulty if all it took to open was for her to fall on it. The family has every right to blame the bus company.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-01-2022 at 01:57 PM..

Old 02-01-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
I babysat 4 boys every Friday in the 70's while their parents went to their bowling league. Came home pretty trashed too. I was paid 50 cents an hour for that!

Sounds like you are as old as I.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events