Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 11:52 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
God forbid she celebrate her birthday with her husband and 5 kids.
She has probably celebrated every birthday for the past 10 years with her husband and kids. Good chance there was no celebrating of her birthday for many or all of those years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2022, 11:54 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
I remember my 30th birthday. I went out to dinner with family and friends. I had 0 kids, 0 husband. I was in a different situation than someone turning 30 with 5 kids...
I dont see the difference. Whether a mom or not it is not inappropriate for a 30’year old to go out with friends to celebrate a birthday.

Old 02-02-2022, 11:59 AM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I dont see the difference. Whether a mom or not it is not inappropriate for a 30’year old to go out with friends to celebrate a birthday.
Some people just enjoy making themselves feel better by putting down others. This woman did nothing wrong and died but of course someone needs to say "Oh I didnt do that, she shouldnt do that either."

Old 02-02-2022, 12:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
So if there was an emergency on the bus and people needed to get out quickly the door shouldnt open to allow that?

It sounds like the door was faulty and should NOT have opened when someone fell into it. Had no one fallen into it this never would have happened. Unfortunately life is not always well padded for drunk adults.

I'm not saying someone shouldn't be able to have fun. I guess i find it ridiculous that everyone is placing the blame solely on the bus company and the mom is just this innocent little thing out drunk at 3am dancing and slamming into bus doors. Come on.
So if some rambunctious child on a school leaned into the faulty emergency door in the back of a bus, it opened and the child fell out would this be any different or are you stuck on the moral idea that people, especially mothers, should not drink.
I dont know about other posters but it does not seem so to me, but I am not placing blame just yet on the bus owner. We dont know she was drunk or that she slammed into the bus doors. Businesses have some obligation to the safety of their clients.
It is required when trail riding at facilities to sign a wavier due to the nature of the activity. It is also a requirement to post a notice of dangerous activities and limited liability. Even still there are certain safety responsibilities for the facility to make sure the barns and trails are as safe as possible and riders know of any risks. I do not know if this was the case with this party bus or not.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:13 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Some people just enjoy making themselves feel better by putting down others. This woman did nothing wrong and died but of course someone needs to say "Oh I didnt do that, she shouldnt do that either."
or some people just feel bad for the 5 kids that are now left behind.

I can assure you that a woman who died falling out of a party bus does not make me feel any better about my own life.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:19 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:

I can assure you that a woman who died falling out of a party bus does not make me feel any better about my own life.
No...be real.

If this young mother had died in a car accident on her way to church, you wouldn't have had so much judgemental opinions on the issue of this woman dying and leaving 5 kids behind.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:47 PM

16,308 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
No...be real.

If this young mother had died in a car accident on her way to church, you wouldn't have had so much judgemental opinions on the issue of this woman dying and leaving 5 kids behind.
No I wouldn't have been. But she wasn't on her way to church and she didn't get into a car accident. She fell out of a bus at 3am likely intoxicated.

Old 02-02-2022, 01:56 PM

2,612 posts, read 927,568 times
Quote:

You can feel sorry for the kids without saying that the mother did something wrong (and talking about what you did which I am sure you feel was the right thing for everyone to do).

Old 02-02-2022, 01:59 PM

37,126 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Have you ever seen a party bus? They absolutely are designed for dancing while on the freeway or wherever else the bus happens to be. These are not shuttle busses. They are rolling dance clubs.

I have. Try to imagine for a minute what a hard stop or collision on a freeway would do to those dancing on the pole. Seriously people, we have brains and should use them. It's already an issue that there's no seatbelts but folks are willing and able because of bus rules.... but let's not go full R on this. You KNOW it's dangerous like you know it's dangerous to ride in the back of a pickup on the freeway.

Just becasue you can doesn't mean you should. But I'm sure she signed a waiver.

Old 02-02-2022, 02:06 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
I remember my 30th birthday. I went out to dinner with family and friends. I had 0 kids, 0 husband. I was in a different situation than someone turning 30 with 5 kids...
To everyone who wonders why she had so many kids. Her last name is GARCIA.

A large population of Southern CA is Hispanic. They often times have many kids, starting at early age. I live amongst them, the people in my area generally have 2-9 children. Several generations under one roof. And yes, they party hard. They also work hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events