Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 01:17 PM

1,110 posts, read 671,684 times

Advertisements

She should have gone to the Meta Marketplace and purchased a virtual rape whistle and virtual rape kit. Now she'll have to buy virtual mace and spend $200 a week for virtual counseling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 01:17 PM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
We're talking about rape. Not being attractive, and not liking male attention. And not a Fans only arrangement. We're talking about rape.
Other articles says she says virtual players "groped" her.

It's all words you know...words on a computer screen.

Not actual rape. And she stayed online.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
YES I read the article! Here's a quote:

"Within 60 seconds of joining," she wrote in the post from December, "I was verbally and sexually harassed – 3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped my avatar.'”
She details watching her avatar get sexually assaulted by a handful of male avatars, who took photos and sent her comments like "don’t pretend you didn’t love it.”

Did YOU forget that part?
Sounds like she had a public profile with all her real info if they sent her comments and photos.

I don't make any of my personal info PUBLIC.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:22 PM

Update...so she published this story in December....got unnoticed and she was only groped then.

So now she publishes the story again and this time she was gang raped.
There's more to this story then what we are being told.

https://www.wionews.com/technology/a...l-world-449784
In December, the company revealed that a then-unnamed woman had been virtually “groped” on the platform. While she published her story on Medium at the time to little fanfare, Patel is making her voice louder to publicly discuss her concerns with the platform.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Update...so she published this story in December....got unnoticed and she was only groped then.

So now she publishes the story again and this time she was gang raped.
There's more to this story then what we are being told.

https://www.wionews.com/technology/a...l-world-449784
In December, the company revealed that a then-unnamed woman had been virtually “groped” on the platform. While she published her story on Medium at the time to little fanfare, Patel is making her voice louder to publicly discuss her concerns with the platform.
She's looking for publicity for her COMPANY.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:25 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,139,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimoreguy1 View Post
Your post disproves the point you are trying to make. SHE was not raped, her AVATAR was.

You're being obtuse.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:31 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She's looking for publicity for her COMPANY.
I don't buy that. I think she's genuinely trying to raise concerns about this and other platforms like it. I think she has a valid concern, and she's in a position to raise it, being in the industry.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:32 PM

Quote:
You're being obtuse.
No, I don't think he's being obtuse, not deliberately. The guys truly don't get it. Mars, Venus, blah blah.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't buy that. I think she's genuinely trying to raise concerns about this and other platforms like it. I think she has a valid concern, and she's in a position to raise it, being in the industry.
But it may only apply to the metaverse which uses your Facebook ID.

I have "burner emails" that I use for online gaming. That email is private.
Only my screen name is known to other players and I can make up whatever I want which is usually something like xxNotGonnaDiexx.

Metaverse is a different animal. Using Facebook you are letting everyone know who you really are.

Old 02-03-2022, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But it may only apply to the metaverse which uses your Facebook ID.

I have "burner emails" that I use for online gaming. That email is private.
Only my screen name is known to other players and I can make up whatever I want which is usually something like xxNotGonnaDiexx.

Metaverse is a different animal. Using Facebook you are letting everyone know who you really are.
My understanding was, that her main objection was to the virtual rape, and being harassed via messages was secondary. The concern she's raising is about the rape "games" being played out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events