Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 11:31 AM

14,787 posts, read 8,129,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The car she bought was not a good idea and had to be dumped soon. It had some noticeable damage to the rear and ws a color that tended to stand out. Trying to spray paint it was not that bright. I've never seen a car spray painted by hand out of cans look like it was anything other than a car spray painted by hand out of cans. And it would still have that damage to the rear.

I still have not seen whether it broke down or not. Maybe I missed that

Maybe the car was a ruse altogether. Bought to throw authorities off the right track.
Maybe they paid someone else money to drive it to Tennessee and dump it there to throw people off their trail. (She was a law enforcement officer and probably not as dumb as the average criminal.)
They had to know how public this would become.

I am not saying this is what happened, but I am saying it is a possibility however remote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 11:44 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,540,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Maybe the car was a ruse altogether. Bought to throw authorities off the right track.
Maybe they paid someone else money to drive it to Tennessee and dump it there to throw people off their trail. (She was a law enforcement officer and probably not as dumb as the average criminal.)
They had to know how public this would become.

I am not saying this is what happened, but I am saying it is a possibility however remote.
That's why I was wondering if the car was having mechanical issues or not. (Law enforcement officials seem to think it was.) If not, it could mean they had help or she had another car waiting. (Hard to put a car there without help, it seems.) since they evidently tried to tried to spray paint it gray, it does seem they were intending on keeping it longer than they did.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:11 PM

14,787 posts, read 8,129,079 times
Quote:
That's why I was wondering if the car was having mechanical issues or not. (Law enforcement officials seem to think it was.) If not, it could mean they had help or she had another car waiting. (Hard to put a car there without help, it seems.) since they evidently tried to tried to spray paint it gray, it does seem they were intending on keeping it longer than they did.

That is a good point. Of course, we don't even know for sure that she is still alive. He may have killed her already.

She had planned this out meticulously it seems though. She has probably arranged and planned transportation and/or a place to go to where they would be less likely to be caught.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:31 PM

8,500 posts, read 6,911,311 times
These jail house romances between guards and prisoners have occurred in the past and made the headlines. And the women get caught, go to jail and wreck their lives.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I think it depends on the situation. I imagine a murder-suicide or a shootout if/when the police find them.

When Gabby Petito was murdered by her fiancé, the man went right back into the woods to kill himself.

I think we can agree that he’s in the “I’m not going back to prison no matter what†mode.
He's threatened to commit suicide-by-cop before.

Old 05-07-2022, 12:57 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
So they knew each other before he was in jail…that’s an interesting new twist, changes the entire narrative.
There doesn't seem to be anything in the news that backs this up.

Quote:
The fact that we now know they were related by marriage and probably had a relationship (I don’t mean sexual/romantic) for many years to me changes everything about the story.
Sigh. If that were true, official sources would have said so by now.

Old 05-07-2022, 01:15 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,949,437 times
Maybe the left vehicle was a decoy. . . They need a great deal of resources, wits and luck to disappear without a trace, huge hurdle here for these two fools.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:11 PM

14,496 posts, read 20,688,679 times
Casey White was serving a 75-year sentence for a slew of crimes from 2015, including carjacking, a home invasion and a police chase.
----------------

Maybe the transportation to a court hearing should have been more secure. Alot more secure.
Hopefully he got her gun and she is hostage which could save her own self when they are finally found. He's going back to the prison so he could if he wanted claim he held her hostage so as to let her go free or almost free.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:44 PM

50,896 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
No, I heard a story that she purchased a vehicle for $19,000. It doesn't seem like this 'ditched' vehicle, the red one, was that vehicle. But who knows what stories are true. That's what I meant...sorry for the confusion.

I might personally buy a $2K beater and then ditch it but not $19K. I'd be working within my budget. LOL

I thought maybe you were really rich, lol.

Old 05-07-2022, 02:45 PM

50,896 posts, read 36,586,381 times
Quote:
My understanding is he was there for his trial that was upcoming next month.

Oh, but she's sooooo smart SMH according to people here.

It's a huge risk when everything is on the line to buy a fifteen year old car to go on the run no matter how much it costs.

Is there a source for that? Everything I keep reading says they are not related.

I might have accepted that family relationship theory too easily. I apologize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events