Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2022, 09:27 AM

15,722 posts, read 9,567,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I had read a news article somewhere that Vicky and Casey were related in some distant way. Strange that I can't find any more info about that. Maybe it was scrubbed because it wasn't true? The news media is all over the place with their facts.
Every article I had rad says the opposite, that they are not related. People keep saying "I read somewhere that they were related," but never say where they read it. SMH Reading it "somewhere" is not a source.

Quote:
Despite their last names, the officer and the inmate are not related.
Vicky White and Casey White's 'Special Relationship' Confirmed by Inmates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In this thread, many many people said she had 80,000 in cash from the sale of her home.
In this thread, many people say a lot of suspect things and then say they read it "somewhere."

Quote:
The home was sold on April 18 for $95,550, documents show, while online records with Lauderdale County list the home’s total parcel value at $235,600.
An Alabama corrections officer sold her home days before she disappeared with an inmate.

Quote:
Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly told our partner NewsNation that Vicky White went to several banks and withdrew $90,000 in cash from the sale of her house on April 18.
Corrections officer Vicki White withdrew $90K before going on the run: DA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had no idea she paid that much for a used car. That was a very strange choice. It was an even stranger choice, to buy a car without having a mechanic look at it first. For $19K, she could have gotten a new car, just not an SUV. But I guess new and used car prices are inflated for the time being, due to Covid.
I cannot find an article stating she spent $19,000 on a 2007 Ford Escape. Not saying she didn't. I am finding some newer Escapes for around that price, like a 2018 model. I found one 2007 model for under $6000. If she paid that much for a 2007 model that then broke down two hours later, she got severely duped by the car lot. That and selling her house for so much under market value is not the sign of a smart woman. They had evidently been planning this for a while, but she waited until the last minute to sell her house and buy the car. She sounds desperate, not smart.

Old 05-08-2022, 10:36 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,499,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Every article I had rad says the opposite, that they are not related. People keep saying "I read somewhere that they were related," but never say where they read it. SMH Reading it "somewhere" is not a source.

In this thread, many people say a lot of suspect things and then say they read it "somewhere."

An Alabama corrections officer sold her home days before she disappeared with an inmate.

I never claimed to be a reliable source of that piece of information. All I said was that I did indeed read it somewhere. I was shocked because all other news sources reported it differently. Obviously a few other posters read it too, so you can stop "smacking your head" in frustration. Should we all get your approval before posting something without a source?

Old 05-08-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I never claimed to be a reliable source of that piece of information. All I said was that I did indeed read it somewhere. I was shocked because all other news sources reported it differently. Obviously a few other posters read it too, so you can stop "smacking your head" in frustration. Should we all get your approval before posting something without a source?
Google

Old 05-08-2022, 11:04 AM

19,271 posts, read 16,795,046 times
I haven't really followed this story other than waiting for them to be captured. Just another example of stupid women doing stupid things. He doesn't love her. She's a means to an end for him. I could see him killing her, leaving her body in the woods somewhere for animals to feast on, taking what's left of her money and attempt to disappear. He's killed before so it wouldn't be hard to do it again.

If Canada is his destination, he won't be able to get in without his proof of vaccination card.

Old 05-08-2022, 12:22 PM

Here is an interesting comment from a former co-worker of Vicky Wright

Quote:
Johnson also claims that White would often alter her appearance either physically or in photos, which may make pictures police give out to try and locate her ineffective.

'Vicky used the tanning bed a lot,' he said. 'Vicky may have been 57 years old but she looked 75. The photos that they're releasing of her, there are filters, they're all bright on the face because it's not showing the true her. A lot of people, former employees, said if Vicky dyed her hair grey and put on some old lady clothes and glasses, she could walk right by you and you would never know it.'
'It's eerie they were here': School bus driver who discovered Vicky White's abandoned car reveals SWAT searched her home and nearby woods for fugitives and says community won't sleep peacefully until they're caught

Old 05-08-2022, 01:14 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,227,178 times
Thanks for posting.
The video of the area shows how remote and woodsy the location of an abandoned car is.
They are using back roads for travel.

Wonder if someone met them there? Doubt the walked through the woods?

They need to check what information was accessible to Vicky in her position or even with Casey’s help?

Could she find some single incarcerated inmate with his/her home sitting empty?
With or without permission? Most likely without.

That would be a good place to discreetly hide out for a bit - until the public forget about them and the search goes cold

On the other hand, they might be both dead already - in a mutual shoot out?
He seems temperamental and they might already have some disagreements as the reality sets in. They might not be that compatible IRL.
It could be an interesting development:he attacked her, she shoots him dead?

Old 05-08-2022, 02:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,871,269 times
Quote:

^^^^^ Can't give you any more rep just now but THIS a thousand times over.

Old 05-08-2022, 02:21 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,871,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
In this thread, many many people said she had 80,000 in cash from the sale of her home.
Not really "many many." One person made the 80K claim and then shortly afterward posted that there was a discrepancy among sources and that it had also been reported at 95K.

Does anyone actually have a source for the claim that she paid 19K for a used Ford Edge in questionable shape?

Old 05-08-2022, 04:03 PM

9,518 posts, read 5,309,173 times
Quote:
I cannot find an article stating she spent $19,000 on a 2007 Ford Escape. Not saying she didn't. I am finding some newer Escapes for around that price, like a 2018 model. I found one 2007 model for under $6000. If she paid that much for a 2007 model that then broke down two hours later, she got severely duped by the car lot. That and selling her house for so much under market value is not the sign of a smart woman. They had evidently been planning this for a while, but she waited until the last minute to sell her house and buy the car. She sounds desperate, not smart.
I only 'heard' that info about $19K spent on a vehicle in passing somewhere. I didn't look for verification anywhere, FYI. More inaccurate info I guess from when this incident first occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events