Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 11:34 PM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Cadre in corrections know of inmate/Cadre "relationships. For the most part both inmates and and Cadre know the schedules work details and blind spots where they may meet.

I know often least 6 couples who have had such "relationships". We also have many friends who were also corrections MPs who went on to work for federal prisons, privately owned prisons and State prisons. They have mentioned the inappropriate relationships in corrections in non-mililtary prisons.

Inmates are bored and love to manipulate people and of course it is much more fun to manipulate Cadre.
But professional corrections staff should be well cognizant of manipulative tactics. Why are so many vulnerable for falling for that nonsense? They're working in an environment, where the inmates have plenty of motive to manipulate. Staff knows some are professional con artists. I don't understand how they could be so careless. Staff needs to go through a better vetting process. Psychological background checks, like for government security jobs, or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 01:10 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,894,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I've never heard of anyone being denied their earned benefits to which they contributed regardless of the reason for the separation... Is that LEO thing?

Of course they'd need a forwarding address!
This tells how it works in different states for public employees:

https://www.nasra.org/files/Compiled...20statutes.pdf

So she would be refunded her contribution. I'm not sure about Alabama, but some states allow the remaining funds to be garnished to help pay for the person's incarceration.

They're reopening the case of an ex-girlfriend of his who supposedly committed suicide in 2008.

Quote:
As investigators sift through surveillance video and hundreds of tips, WAFF has also learned a 14-year-old case that could be connected to Casey, will now be re-examined.

The case involves Christy Shelton. Her family said they’ve always had questions about Casey White and what role he might’ve played in Christy’s death. They said Christy used to date Casey White, and that Casey was there when Christy was shot in the chest with a sawed-off shotgun. At the time, it was ruled a suicide. However, her family never believed that story and always had doubts.

Old 05-06-2022, 01:11 AM

29,536 posts, read 22,813,842 times
One week later and still free

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Irtglwm6QJU

Old 05-06-2022, 02:03 AM

13,295 posts, read 8,514,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Seems there is sufficient evidence to conclude that this woman orchestrated and facilitated the inmates escape. Note in the video, how she casually walks out from the building in front of the inmate to open the patrol car door for him, instead of walking him out from behind.

This woman is no push over. I can’t fathom this woman working in the prison system for 17 years, four times employee of the year with a spotless record, only to be coerced by this one, not. She’s toast either way.
The DA vouched for her upstanding and remarkable years of service. Surely He couldn't be wrong in his assessment of her! ( complimentary sarcasm)

I find this entire "get away" to be a true mark of her character. No way on gods green earth would a sensible person even think of hooking up with a murderer. She is short two fries in her happy meal .

Old 05-06-2022, 05:41 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,943,697 times
Quote:
Do the math. They could live a LONG time if all they have to buy are groceries, even if all they had was the cash from the house. Especially if she goes into town to hit up food pantries.
Actually, yeah, if all they had to buy were groceries (and a few toiletries), that wouldn't take very much. What kind of life is that though? Hiding out in some cave practically with what for entertainment?? I guess you'd go to those trucker stations for showers, but still. I imagine like some of the others are saying that she's probably dead by now; I would think that is better than what she faced, but I guess not according to her deranged perspective.

Quote:
He can't procure food or gas for the RV/truck pulling the travel trailer without drawing attention to himself. She can, if she loses the Heather O'Rourke hair. So he needs her.
Oh yeah, forgot how much attention he would draw. I guess it's a toss. I still can't shake the idea that he loves killing people.

Quote:
As for her, you don't have to be "desperate for human contact" to fall in love. The heart wants what the heart wants! Maybe, in her view, she "threw away" a safe but lonely old age in exchange for romance and excitement, however short lived.
Man, some people are just really off their rocker. I would like be jumping out of my skin with excitement at the life she had ahead of her (and at 56--that's pretty darn young to retire; not even "old" yet!). It would be almost like a dream come true. Different strokes for different folks; absolutely nuts that it could be that lopsided though. Like how anyone who could have made it that far--a good respectable person in her career--could think what she did was preferable to what she had to look forward to; that's just pure wack-a-doodleness.

Quote:
Do you know how many people deliberately choose just this lifestyle for their retirement?

Plenty!
Oh, wow. I had no idea. I do not even want to imagine. I guess I'm just too attached to my creature comforts. There's not many things I would be willing to give that up for. Romance and excitement sure are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I find this entire "get away" to be a true mark of her character. No way on gods green earth would a sensible person even think of hooking up with a murderer. She is short two fries in her happy meal .
I agree; I cannot on any level rationally understand what in the world she was thinking. It's just completely insane. Romance, excitement, believing she's doing the right thing wanting to "help" him. None of it is worth throwing all she had going for her away. And I just personally feel that if she thought it was, that's just completely crazy; I guess I'm just biased.

And since she filed the paperwork a day before she fled, maybe she thought she was going to be able to access her pension somehow? I would think she'd have to wait until she actually retired but maybe she realized that she wouldn't have been able to act out her plan if she did that, obviously. I'm thinking she couldn't be that stupid to think that she could still get her pension and retirement benefits if she didn't actually retire (that they would think, "Well, it's close enough" or something), but then, I can't go on anything reasonable in this case.

Last edited by Basiliximab; 05-06-2022 at 06:04 AM..

Old 05-06-2022, 05:53 AM

5,738 posts, read 3,230,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
I don’t think she has lost her pension yet. It is just “inaccessible” to her.
She would lose it if convicted of felony, I think.

Looks like she was aware of it and had to sell her house.

The amount of money from her savings and the sale of the house won’t last long in the US, but would let them be ok in South Or Central America.
Then, again- they don’t strike me as people who could do well overseas: they won’t last long there.

It seems that it is better to hide where you are comfortable in your surroundings..
She had JUST turned in her paperwork the day before. There wasn't time to process the paperwork, and has since been fired. There is no and will be no pension. M

Old 05-06-2022, 06:08 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,234,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

They're reopening the case of an ex-girlfriend of his who supposedly committed suicide in 2008.
Thank you for posting this (post #142) - this sounds very suspicious.

The guy is definitely rabid it seems…

Wonder if Casey may end up dead by Vicky’s hands? If push comes to shove?

Like was said upthread she doesn’t look like a pushover - unless caught off-guard. Like attracts the like?

White vs White: let’s start taking bets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
Seems there is sufficient evidence to conclude that this woman orchestrated and facilitated the inmates escape. Note in the video, how she casually walks out from the building in front of the inmate to open the patrol car door for him, instead of walking him out from behind.

This woman is no push over. I can’t fathom this woman working in the prison system for 17 years, four times employee of the year with a spotless record, only to be coerced by this one, not. She’s toast either way.

Last edited by L00k4ward; 05-06-2022 at 06:19 AM..

Old 05-06-2022, 07:39 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,953,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
The DA vouched for her upstanding and remarkable years of service. Surely He couldn't be wrong in his assessment of her! ( complimentary sarcasm)

I find this entire "get away" to be a true mark of her character. No way on gods green earth would a sensible person even think of hooking up with a murderer. She is short two fries in her happy meal.
I agree, the same could be said about virtually anyone, as 'We know faces but we do not know true hearts’. Same ol’ story tiime and again we hear the same thing about people that commit audacious/violent crimes, "I would never believe they did that", “incredible", "they were the most wonderful person”, etc, Ted Bundy comes to mind. . .par for the course.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:57 AM

102,302 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post

And since she filed the paperwork a day before she fled, maybe she thought she was going to be able to access her pension somehow? I would think she'd have to wait until she actually retired but maybe she realized that she wouldn't have been able to act out her plan if she did that, obviously. I'm thinking she couldn't be that stupid to think that she could still get her pension and retirement benefits if she didn't actually retire (that they would think, "Well, it's close enough" or something), but then, I can't go on anything reasonable in this case.
Why couldn't she have filed for retirement, then when the paperwork went through and was approved, everything was set, pension ready to go, she could have done the escape on her last day of work, or next-to-the-last day. In the end, that might not have worked either, but at least she couldn't have been fired, because she'd have been on her last workday, or close.

Old 05-06-2022, 08:52 AM

16,585 posts, read 10,733,054 times
Quote:
As for her, you don't have to be "desperate for human contact" to fall in love. The heart wants what the heart wants! Maybe, in her view, she "threw away" a safe but lonely old age in exchange for romance and excitement, however short lived.
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?" (Jeremiah 17:9) Timeless wisdom that Vicky White is going to wish she had heeded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events