Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 08:34 PM

6,807 posts, read 4,505,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
I wonder if you're on to something since they haven't been caught yet. It's reminiscent of the Brian story from last year; he's supposed to be an outdoorsman too--could be hiding out in a secluded area. Maybe they'll be found dead as well.
I don't think they'd go to all that trouble just to commit suicide outside of the prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 09:35 PM

29,536 posts, read 22,818,588 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OmeZzJCK1NI

Old 05-07-2022, 03:56 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,944,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Thank you. Good info there. Law enforcement thought the wheelchair idea was plausible too, so good job there (I think it was Lookforward, could be mistaken). She may be streetsmart, but it'll catch up with her; I still think eventually they'll be found. Of course, at least I really hope so. One thing seems for sure, it appears she's not actually stupid but just as evil as the murderer. Who knows how many innocent people will be killed now because of this?

Could it be possible that the people who were supposed to let her know she wasn't following protocol were like scared of her? The interview with the one guy who was fired by her (she was his boss) made me think that maybe that's why they didn't say anything, like she was known around the workplace as someone who you just don't question. If that's the case, something's got to be done about that. That's why this whole thing went down in the first place. No one should be frightened to do their job, but then the guy who was interviewed who worked with her I can't remember if they said why he was fired. Maybe he called her out on something and of course he wouldn't get fired for that, but then there was a target on him so that if he did any miniscule thing out of line he was gone. If something like that's going on, that's really a problem since it's not going to prevent something like this from happening again.

And she definitely looks older with darker hair--the one set of pictures when the news lady was in the foreground with a bunch of pics behind her and a couple of them showed her with really dark brown hair; she looked pretty old and frumpy. The guy who worked with her said the pictures were making her look younger than she actually looked and if she put on some old lady clothes, she could pass for like a 70 year old.

Yeah, I thought she was just a dumb woman caught up in some idiotic romance with this guy, but it appears that perhaps she's just as evil as he is. It really may be very tough to find these people. The best chance is that if EVERYONE is on the look out for them. They seriously could be anywhere in the country (or outside of it). Hope people spread the word by all that social media out there. Cameras, cameras, cameras; people looking out. If everyone's alert, there may be a chance. If not, it very well may be a while; innocent people may very well die and then lives will be ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I don't think they'd go to all that trouble just to commit suicide outside of the prison.
Yeah, after watching that video now I think maybe not. It gives you a much better perspective of her (at least from what all these people are saying). But you never know. Wouldn't it be something if they both turned up dead?

Last edited by Basiliximab; 05-07-2022 at 04:08 AM..

Old 05-07-2022, 05:23 AM

24,836 posts, read 9,605,459 times
Quote:
I think it depends on the situation. I imagine a murder-suicide or a shootout if/when the police find them.

When Gabby Petito was murdered by her fiancé, the man went right back into the woods to kill himself.

I think we can agree that he’s in the “I’m not going back to prison no matter what” mode.

Old 05-07-2022, 05:36 AM

51,175 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I read that he's an experienced woodsman, outdoorsman, and hunter, so they'd be at home in the TN woods.

I also read that he's the nephew of her ex- (now dead) husband; hence the shared last name... Who knows?
So they knew each other before he was in jail…that’s an interesting new twist, changes the entire narrative.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:01 AM

6,807 posts, read 4,505,580 times
Has it been determined why they ditched the red car? Mechanical failure... decoy... to change cars? But why attempt a silver repaint if they were going to change cars? They took the tags, why?

If an accomplice didn't help them by picking them up in another vehicle, doesn't that mean they flagged down an innocent driver and got a ride, either by force or surprise? If so, that driver is dead. Why would they let him or her live?

I think they're headed to NYS Adirondack Mountain region to sit things out for a while. She may have purchased a small cabin or used trailer several months ago with cash and then stocked it with food.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:05 AM

9,530 posts, read 5,330,605 times
On the video, she walks in front of him (he is handcuffed) and holds the door open. To get to that point, I don't see what he could be 'threatening' her with. I don't believe for a second that she was NOT involved in orchestrating this escape. What a fool.
They are probably in Mexico.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:07 AM

9,530 posts, read 5,330,605 times
Quote:
Has it been determined why they ditched the red car? Mechanical failure... decoy... to change cars? But why attempt a silver repaint if they were going to change cars? They took the tags, why?

If an accomplice didn't help them by picking them up in another vehicle, doesn't that mean they flagged down an innocent driver and got a ride, either by force or surprise? If so, that driver is dead. Why would they let him or her live?

I think they're headed to NYS Adirondack Mountain region to sit things out for a while. She may have purchased a small cabin or used trailer several months ago with cash and then stocked it with food.
another story I read said she paid cash for a car. Was that the red car? Jesus. Who buys a beater to go on the lam? I mean, that's almost funny.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:07 AM

12,332 posts, read 17,185,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Well...they haven't been caught yet!

He won't be parading himself around in public; she'll be doing whatever's necessary out in the world, no doubt wearing a wig, sunglasses, and the highly recommended face mask, as someone else suggested, making her virtually indistinguishable from any other middle-aged woman.
Him resembling Lurch from the Addams family is a huge disadvantage. She could blend in easily I agree.

He may get tired of her and bail in the middle of the night with some of her money also. The biggest obstacle of getting out already happened for him.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:12 AM

51,175 posts, read 36,873,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
another story I read said she paid cash for a car. Was that the red car? Jesus. Who buys a beater to go on the lam? I mean, that's almost funny.
If you know you’re going to ditch it, it makes lots of sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events