Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 06:12 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
My guess is they are holed up in a remote cabin in the Ozarks or something. This couple doesn’t seem like the type to try boat travel or escaping to an island. One thing I’m sure of, she is as dumb as a concrete block. Men probably never paid her much attention and she was a desperate middle age woman who fell prey to a tough, street smart con. This younger man knew how to say all the right things. Women shouldn’t be guards for male prisoners, this kind of thing happens, and the one who benefits is the con man. He’s as unappealing as it gets, and probably twice as dangerous.
She certainly wrecked her life, and it could even be cut short given this dangerous man. She had a good job, could have retired while not old, gone on a cruise or something and met a man whos not a criminal. Theres almost always someone for everyone.

Lonliness can make even smart people make BAD desicions too. People like him know how to work that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 06:13 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I doubt the plan is really as good as people are saying. They will slip up somewhere and that's how they'll be caught. Criminals are not typically the brightest bulbs in the box except on TV and in movies. It's possible they've already made a mistake that will help authorities catch them
They will indeed get caught eventually.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:14 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
On the video, she walks in front of him (he is handcuffed) and holds the door open. To get to that point, I don't see what he could be 'threatening' her with. I don't believe for a second that she was NOT involved in orchestrating this escape. What a fool.
They are probably in Mexico.
The fact that we now know they were related by marriage and probably had a relationship (I don’t mean sexual/romantic) for many years to me changes everything about the story.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
She certainly wrecked her life, and it could even be cut short given this dangerous man. She had a good job, could have retired while not old, gone on a cruise or something and met a man whos not a criminal. Theres almost always someone for everyone.

Lonliness can make even smart people make BAD desicions too. People like him know how to work that.
yea, but IRREVERSIBLE bad decisions? yikes.

gone on a cruise? now that's funny.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
yea, but IRREVERSIBLE bad decisions? yikes.

gone on a cruise? now that's funny.
It takes just one really bad one to wreck it all. Not everythings fixable once a certain line is crossed.

She no doubt would have found someone travelling and getting out, as opposed to being charmed by this thug.

Best case scenerio for her is shes captured alive and unharmed.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
If you know you’re going to ditch it, it makes lots of sense.
Well, I suppose, but the story as I understood it was she paid $19K for a car. (I'm not sure all these stories are factually correct.) Guess it wasn't that one. And that would be a waste of resources. Now a $2K beater to ditch I can see but still. If they'd planned this out, she could have purchased a vehicle long ago and had it waiting. We shall see.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
It takes just one really bad one to wreck it all. Not everythings fixable once a certain line is crossed.

She no doubt would have found someone travelling and getting out, as opposed to being charmed by this thug.

Best case scenerio for her is shes captured alive and unharmed.
Like the female guard in the Dannamora NY caper, sounds like she was lonely and unfulfilled and this guy filled some need for her, sadly.
Man, I would just get a puppy.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:31 AM

50,710 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Well, I suppose, but the story as I understood it was she paid $19K for a car. (I'm not sure all these stories are factually correct.) Guess it wasn't that one. And that would be a waste of resources. Now a $2K beater to ditch I can see but still. If they'd planned this out, she could have purchased a vehicle long ago and had it waiting. We shall see.
Who thinks a $19,000 car is a beater? Is it a beater, or is it a $19,000 car? I am now confused.

I’m confused by some of the details, but it seems that he was only going to be in this prison very temporarily, and she wouldn’t be able to help him once he went to higher security prison. At least that’s info I’ve pieced together from the posts. IDK though.

Old 05-07-2022, 06:35 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Hmmm. She could have had several cheap vehicles stashed all over the place. But that still doesn't explain the silver paint.... unless it was there when she purchased the car, and it has nothing to do with the getaway.

How could this woman have fooled so many people for so long?

Old 05-07-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Like the female guard in the Dannamora NY caper, sounds like she was lonely and unfulfilled and this guy filled some need for her, sadly.
Man, I would just get a puppy.
I remember that one. I worked in a NYC hotel and had guests who took a vacation staying with us to get away from those two. It didnt end well for one escapee. This case is similar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events