Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 08:18 PM

9,438 posts, read 11,195,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
She sold it for $95,500.

https://www.waaytv.com/vicky-white-h...8bb4b0c0d.html

The most recent appraisal was for $235,600.
Thanks for that. Girl is not a genius. But that's pretty clear.

Well, now she has a great guy for a boyfriend! You go girl!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2022, 08:43 PM

21,984 posts, read 13,030,638 times
According to sources, her life was working, coming home, eating dinner, walking the dog, and going to bed. Her future no doubt included looking after the aging mother if not also the ex-MIL...

Who are we to judge another's "quality of life"?

Old 05-08-2022, 04:11 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,933,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
According to sources, her life was working, coming home, eating dinner, walking the dog, and going to bed. Her future no doubt included looking after the aging mother if not also the ex-MIL...

Who are we to judge another's "quality of life"?
Well, I can see how being a caregiver would be something to avoid (I really would not want to do that). She could have just left without a trace without releasing a murderer onto the streets again. I feel that is morally wrong. He's almost surely going to kill someone again given the chance; I really will be surprised if he doesn't--and very, very glad I was wrong (that's often why I'll be so certain about negative things in the hopes that I am wrong).

I mean, if she had sold her house for the market value and bought a cheap trailer to live in, she could have I would imagine--of course do not know for sure because have no experience and do not want to--hired home health care to help with the aging mother and or mother-in-law (and not all are going to need care just because they get old; like maybe some help around the house perhaps, but not like extreme caregiving like changing diapers and whatnot. That's what I would never willingly do, avoid at--almost--all costs). That's got to be cheaper than putting them in a assisted living facility (or even nursing home as a last desperate resort, for me at least). I guess that wouldn't be an option if she did need like around the clock care. Still, the morally better choice would have just been to disappear without a trace, not put innocent people's lives at risk. I'm definitely judging her for that. That is a clear cut wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
That photo of her with dark hair--I can see why people say she looks a lot older with it dark. I think the pic of her as a blonde was taken maybe when she took her job at the jail, not recently. She looks so young and perky in that photo that's been circulated to the world.

And if you compare the two photos, you can see the signs of age in the more recent one: sagging eyelids, sagging around the mouth. It's not just the dark hair that's making her look much older. She looks older in it because she IS significantly older, than when the blonde photo was taken, IMO.
My understanding is that they darkened her hair so that people can see what she may look like with dark brown hair; I don't believe it is an actual picture (not photo-shopped, or whatever they do with pictures now to change them) of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
They keep showing the inmate's old ID photo. Why? He doesn't look anything like that anymore. He shaved his face, head and beard and put on 50 lbs.
I can not understand that either. He looks nothing like that now. The general public isn't that intelligent (if you've worked in retail for any length of time, you'd understand what I'm talking about); they're not going to be able to understand that he's changed drastically in looks if that's the prevalent picture (and be able to replace those brief shots of what he currently looks like with the false--pretty much--one that is seared into their minds by repetition). If one of my family members gets killed because of this guy, I'll be a bit irked by their poor handling of putting out this old picture which looks nothing at all like him. They do have other more current pictures they are able to use as evidenced by those pictures on the videos posted above (but they are constantly showing the two pictures of them most prevalently which the one looks drastically nothing at all like him, and of her they can use a better one because she does look a lot older than the one they're most commonly using).

I mean, it may not add much to the chances of finding them, but to me every little thing that can increase that chance should be put out there--especially if it is within easy reach as a current picture of him is. And they really need to update her picture too (since she's likely going to be able to be seen more anyway; hers is probably more important than his, but you never know. Like I said, anything to increase the chances however minute it may be). I don't see as many clear more current photos of her, but surely through technology they could take a shot from like that hotel footage and make it into something more clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieThruTheGlass View Post
Where did you read that he was her nephew through marriage? I can't find anything about such a relationship, although that doesn't mean it's not true. I'm guessing this link has already been posted, but it's the interview with Vicky's mother-in-law, who never mentions a word about Casey White being a relation to her son. www.newsweek.com/vicky-whites-ex-mother-law-worried-casey-white-brainwashed-her-1703478
The article just had a few blurbs from her, so I couldn't determine by what she said that he was unrelated. From those few sentences that she spoke about him, I could still see him being a relative (probably an estranged one from what he's done, thus her referring to him as "that man"). But everything I read keeps saying they are not related, and I have yet to see something from a report or article talking about a family relation between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieThruTheGlass View Post
Oddly enough, I also read a comment on Youtube (?) that claimed Casey White was Vicky's son!
Oh, wow---he must have taken entirely after the father! : /

Last edited by Basiliximab; 05-08-2022 at 04:43 AM..

Old 05-08-2022, 04:55 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,485,897 times
I had read a news article somewhere that Vicky and Casey were related in some distant way. Strange that I can't find any more info about that. Maybe it was scrubbed because it wasn't true? The news media is all over the place with their facts.

Old 05-08-2022, 05:21 AM

50,925 posts, read 36,618,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The home sold for $95,500. Where does it say that she "walked away" with 80K?
In this thread, many many people said she had 80,000 in cash from the sale of her home.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:39 AM

9,481 posts, read 5,259,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you mean? Why pay more money than you have to, to go into hiding? I must have misunderstood your post.
I guess I didn't express myself very well. I 'heard' the $19K car story. I thought, after the vehicle was found, and they said it might have had mechanical problems, that it was a stupid move to pay $19K for an unreliable vehicle. At this point, I don't have info on what she paid for that particular vehicle, where it was purchased, etc.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:43 AM

9,481 posts, read 5,259,536 times
Quote:
LOL. Oh yeah, true enough!

On the other hand, maybe they turned around and went the other way, leaving the old car pointing north.
The placement of this vehicle could be part of their plan (a diversion?) - assuming they are 'smart.' They've had a long head start. I have a feeling they are out of the country by now but who knows.

Old 05-08-2022, 06:59 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,485,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
The placement of this vehicle could be part of their plan (a diversion?) - assuming they are 'smart.' They've had a long head start. I have a feeling they are out of the country by now but who knows.
They had a couple of years to plan every little detail.

Not one sighting of those two since they escaped? That's odd to me. But maybe sightings are not being reported to the public. Who knows.

I don't know how they could have gotten past TSA to board a plane. Unless she had a private plane and a pilot's license, I'd say they're still in the USA.

Old 05-08-2022, 08:25 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I guess I didn't express myself very well. I 'heard' the $19K car story. I thought, after the vehicle was found, and they said it might have had mechanical problems, that it was a stupid move to pay $19K for an unreliable vehicle. At this point, I don't have info on what she paid for that particular vehicle, where it was purchased, etc.
I had no idea she paid that much for a used car. That was a very strange choice. It was an even stranger choice, to buy a car without having a mechanic look at it first. For $19K, she could have gotten a new car, just not an SUV. But I guess new and used car prices are inflated for the time being, due to Covid.

Or maybe she was stressed, due to all the planning and the illegal nature of the overall venture, so she wasn't thinking straight. If anyone had a lot on her mind, it was her! It's got to be stressful, planning a jailbreak, and taking an action that's a career-ender, not to mention--quite the felony.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-08-2022 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-08-2022, 08:27 AM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Quote:
They had a couple of years to plan every little detail.

Not one sighting of those two since they escaped? That's odd to me. But maybe sightings are not being reported to the public. Who knows.

I don't know how they could have gotten past TSA to board a plane. Unless she had a private plane and a pilot's license, I'd say they're still in the USA.
Unless they crossed into Mexico on foot, like so many illegals do, when they go home and come back. But that would be a tough way to go. And obviously, they couldn't take their firearms with them, if they did that, or maybe just a handgun each. Plus, they'd be carrying all that cash. Sitting ducks. I guess that rules that route out.

They must be holed up somewhere, or are on their own self-styled pre-planned Underground Railroad, heading towards a pre-established long-term hideout. If she's not dead already. She sure brought along enough guns for him to choose from, if he wanted to kill her! A veritable smorgasbord of weapons.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 05-08-2022 at 09:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events