Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2022, 09:12 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What other stabbings (etc.) that happened at the same time of night in the same general area on the 13th of each month? That hasn't been mentioned in this thread. Are you talking about Moscow, ID?
I posted this link yesterday morning. I can't imagine why cops have been so quick to dismiss a link. IMHO, this is the best clue they have, although this case remains unsolved also. It's not right in the area, but 200 miles away in Oregon.

MO is EXACTLY the same.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/mom-of...idaho-murders/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2022, 09:12 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I get that completely. Get up at noon, find a problem, call 911. College students often sleep in.

What I don't get, is somehow missing the gruesome scene they encountered, and not recognizing that the "passed out" person had been stabbed to death. And then going forward with this by calling other friends to come check out the roommate who is now in full rigor mortis, and the others also agree that person is unresponsive and "passed out". Never, before calling in outsiders, did they check out the rest of the roommates for help, or see how anyone else was.

On the other hand, as bizarre as this whole scene is, with such lack of common sense and adult capabilities,
I don't think this will lend clues to who did this.

But it does help explain why they also didn't seem to notice when 4 adults in their home were stabbed to death while they were also there.
I guess I can see how they may have been so caught up in the one situation they encountered in the first bedroom they checked, that they forgot all about the other 3 people. After all, who would imagine someone had rampaged through the house killing everyone they encountered? Stuff like that only happens on TV, right? They became fixated on figuring out what to do about the one "unresponsive" person they found. Though that doesn't address the question: what about the blood that must have been in the room.

Well, we'll just have to wait until LE releases more info. Could be a long wait.

Old 11-26-2022, 09:40 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Police are still asking for all video, whether there's any movement or not in the images.

Which makes sense, if you've got a good wide angle near where the house is, and there's no movement there between 1-5, that's information. Whatever happened, didn't start there in that area.

They have over 260 digital submissions. It seems that shouldn't take more than a day to process initially - sort into there's movement and something to process, vs. there's nothing going on here.

That the police are STILL asking for any and all video, to me, points to the likelihood that they literally still have nothing at all to go on.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/26/us/un...day/index.html

Old 11-26-2022, 09:48 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I posted this link yesterday morning. I can't imagine why cops have been so quick to dismiss a link. IMHO, this is the best clue they have, although this case remains unsolved also. It's not right in the area, but 200 miles away in Oregon.

MO is EXACTLY the same.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/25/mom-of...idaho-murders/
I remember seeing that. What threw me off was that Kath described the other incidents as being "in the same general area", which I took to mean: the same general area as the Moscow murders.

Old 11-26-2022, 10:38 AM

124 posts, read 99,007 times
shadygrady
Take-down
Send a Message

Old 11-26-2022, 11:00 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Now you are just contradicting yourself. "Simple" and "garden-variety" are exact synonyms. So by definition any garden-variety burglary is a simple one.

You are definitely skipping the obvious explanations to move on to complicated theories. I'm surprised you don't like the cartel conspiracy theories.
You didn't read what I said right, which comes as no surprise. Read it again. Moderator cut: Insult removed.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-26-2022 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Response to report.

Old 11-26-2022, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
It's "Xana", not Xanax (Xanax is a prescription benzodiazepine that's most often used for anxiety. Someone may have pointed this out already, but this is the second time I saw the mis-spelling and I've got to get ready for work now so don't have time to read the rest of the posts).
It's probably an autocorrect issue.

Old 11-26-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I get that completely. Get up at noon, find a problem, call 911. College students often sleep in.

What I don't get, is somehow missing the gruesome scene they encountered, and not recognizing that the "passed out" person had been stabbed to death. And then going forward with this by calling other friends to come check out the roommate who is now in full rigor mortis, and the others also agree that person is unresponsive and "passed out". Never, before calling in outsiders, did they check out the rest of the roommates for help, or see how anyone else was.

On the other hand, as bizarre as this whole scene is, with such lack of common sense and adult capabilities,
I don't think this will lend clues to who did this.

But it does help explain why they also didn't seem to notice when 4 adults in their home were stabbed to death while they were also there.
This is just a rumor I saw on reddit, but some mention of it was made earlier on in the investigation by LE as well.

One of the students, probably Ethan, was lying in the hallway.

The hallway would have been dark. Maybe they just saw him lying there, and when he didn't move when they called out his name, they freaked and called someone.

There's also a rumor that the person they called was Ethan's brother. Yeah, I know, rumors, but sometimes there's truth in them.

I can see it happening this way, especially with people of that age.

Old 11-26-2022, 11:38 AM

7,380 posts, read 12,673,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No many times topics get started in one forum and really should be in another. They will be moved if requested but apparently no one requested.

You could also put this in the True Crime Forum. But it gets less traffic.

There is also a fairly active thread in the Idaho forum, with contributors who know the Moscow area well.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:26 PM

18,096 posts, read 15,676,604 times
The facts will eventually come out, and they'll likely not match any of the invented narratives swirling about. When people project their own feelings, assumptions, and imaginings onto a criminal case, that's a sure way to end up off in the weeds or a ditch.

Reminds me of a Gilda Radner skit from SNL (character: Emily Litella) who manages to mishear and get the story wrong, and then makes assumption after assumption and vents her indignation on air, only to find out at the end, she misunderstood, and was arguing something that wasn't reality. "never mind!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events