Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

my dogs were so out of control last night
lol I am blaming the full moon and the eclipse
Lola would just start barking and of course that got the other 2 wound up

then the bird would join in

I saw it when it started around 8:45 then again when I was on my way to bed around 11

so good morning lol

late start today

going to walk with lola in a bit

might put the walk away the pounds DVD in also

so "how 'bout you" ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 05:44 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,774 times
Good morning!
LOL! Bella got up last night too, she ran around snuffling/growling for about 10 minutes.
I was in bed by 10 and forgot all about the eclipse.
Our dishwasher gave out last night, naturally when it is full of dirty dishes, so I will spend the morning washing those. Then I need to get in touch with our agent to see if we should buy a new one or just put that it is broken on the disclosure statement. My husband dragged it out last night and the pump is broken along with something else being rusted on the motor, so it is beyond repair.
I will head to the gym this afternoon for 45 on the bike, lower body, and abs.
Have a great day!

Old 02-21-2008, 06:40 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Isn't that always the way, tlb? A month before we put our house on the market, the garage door opener died. We'd thought we'd just replace that, but the guy who came said the door itself needed to go. $1000 we didn't want to spend, but had to. Oh, well.

I checked out the eclipse around 9. It's neat, isn't it?

It's awfully muggy out there this morning already. Not sure what that means for walking or bike riding. First, we need to make a run to Publix. Does that count??? LOL

Happy Friday Eve, everybody.

Old 02-21-2008, 06:59 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,642 times
Had the same problem with being woken in the night.

DS caught a heavy cold and doesn't sleep very well. I'm glad he is not feverish though.

Hubby, DS and me went to the optician again to pick up his new glasses.
Moreover my glasses needed to be repaired. Yesterday in my taebo classes while stretching I took them off and put them on the exercise mat and afterwards someone stepped on them. As they have a metal rim they got twisted but didn't break but one glass fell out when I tried to straighten them again.

So b/c we were in the next "bigger" town (which has only 17 inhabitants) I also went into the drugstore and found some nice things and also bought new underwear for myself in this little boutique.

I just took a two hour nap with DS and we will go for a walk right now. He's pretty weepy at the moment b/c he doesn't feel well.
The only good thing about that is that I don't go to classes tonight.

Maybe some abwork this evening.

Take good care all!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Dang! It was heavy overcast here and we did not get to see the eclipse. Didn't stop my dog from reacting to the full moon. She chased some poor guy half way up the block, popping her teeth and growling. This is the second time in 2 days she has felt the need to chase someone. I hope she isn't losing her mind.

We walked the neighborhood this morning. One of our neighbors is getting ready to paint their house and they were out with the primer this morning. Shadow now has several nice areas with a layer of Kilz......

Old 02-21-2008, 07:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,984 times
My divvy hubster and my JRT woke me up from an amazingly sound sleep at 2:30 a.m. He came home from work went to take the dogs out and Rusty said "H*ll no, too darn cold out there" and legged it under the bed with the hubster in hot pursuit! I swear I wanted to strangle them both. Try going back to sleep with your heart racing and the cold sweats.

Anyhoo, short walk this morning. Might go a little further this afternoon.

Have a wonderful day everyone and chin up tlb71. Everything will work out!

Old 02-21-2008, 07:37 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,830,774 times
Hey isn't 1800 reps a magic number? If so will some people give Tet reps to push her over the edge, I can't as I have to spread it around first, but will catch her later.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Oh my, my in-laws give me a lot of trouble again.
It's always the same, some weeks they behave quite good and then they do something silly again.

Yesterday MIL came to visit and told us she gives DS some toys their dog always plays with. How eeewww is that???
She meant she washed it with really hot water before giving it to DS but as a former nurse she should know that most viruses etc. are in the mouths of all animals, people, etc.
Would you like to chew on such dog toys?

Am I over sensitive? I really like animals, we also have a cat and I don't mind some of their hairs flying around chasing the dust bunnies but that can't be true.

B/c he's so ill hubby told her she couldn't get him today and she thinks it's because I (!!!) think they have a dirty house I can't believe it. They are just weird and I wish they would move to the moon and never return. They only give us trouble.

Sorry, to tell you this mad stuff, but I needed someone to tell.

Off to some muscle work.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:34 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
I wish they would move to the moon and never return. They only give us trouble.
OMG! I am laughing so hard! I feel the same way about my in laws. You are not alone.

Oh, and no, I don't think I would let a child play with a previously owned dog toy.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
OMG! I am laughing so hard! I feel the same way about my in laws. You are not alone.

Oh, and no, I don't think I would let a child play with a previously owned dog toy.
Thank you. That means much from a dog parent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals