Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Yay it is Friday !!!

Holy cow the weather guy just said 98 today and **gulp** 101 on Sat & Sun !!!! with the heat index 104 to 106
I better get the lawn mowed today because I have a feeling that I am going to be staying in the A/C the next couple days
They are saying this is going to be the hottest we have been in a decade

I am watching chaos this weekend so I may have to take a dip in his pool !!

I have to go see my sister at her work sometime today because she said she has a couple dresses she has never worn that I can try on for the wedding

Today is her 50th b-day (we are all going out for dinner on Sunday) so I can go in to her store singing maybe even bring balloons rofl she will "love" that

What are you going to to today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 06:47 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Karla they are calling for 93 with triple digit heat index here this afternoon as well. I have had to adjust my dog walking schedule so poor Shadow does not overheat.

We have just gotten back from chasing bunnies on the Greenway. It is 70 and the humidity is about 87% so it was borderline uncomfortable. Shadow drank 2 full bottles of water and is now laying directly in front of the A/C vent. We will go for our "cookie walk" this afternoon since it is only a block up.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:33 AM

lol if only I could lay in front of the A/C vents but ours are on the ceiling and I could just imagine the look on hubbys face should he walk in and see me dangling from the ceiling

lol for all of you with neighbor issues go check out todays ? we have a Mrs kravitz ?

Old 06-19-2009, 08:11 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Hi, all. DH didn't feel like exercising so we didn't. However, we moved a bunch of decorative lawn bricks from our place over to our friend's house a little while ago, so there was our walking and weight lifting!

Evey, you just seemed so much happier up north. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

DH is still outside, trying to make some room in the garage so we can park both the golf cart and our car in it. That car just gets so darned hot sitting out on the driveway all day. Plus, we'll need the room to put stuff when we have to empty the 2 rooms that are being recarpeted.

Other plans today include calling a guy to come look at our cabinets - we may refinish them and put in new countertop. I'm also going to write 2 complaint letters - one to Pantene for discontinuing Silver Expressions shampoo and conditioner for us white haired folks and one to American Tourister for not making a quality product.

Have a happy friday.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol if only I could lay in front of the A/C vents but ours are on the ceiling and I could just imagine the look on hubbys face should he walk in and see me dangling from the ceiling
Karla, that sounds a bit kinky, even for you!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:51 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Morning peeps!
Went for a lovely walk in the 90 something humidity ... YUK! I feel like I live in GA again. With all the rain we've had, the weeds needed tending to. I also added a few more plants to the garden. The burning bush will have to wait. I can't pick it up as I'm still having back issues

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Don't get too kinky with the AC folks!

Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 AM

wow it seems everyone is having hot hot temps
tet be careful lifting

well ladies I am doing the happy dance !!!

Not only will one of the dresses my sister has work perfectly for the wedding !!!!!

wow I really hit the mother lode !! she had gone through her closet and gave me a big pile of clothes , nice dress shorts, capris (which are regular pants on me) tops woo hoo and they all fit !!

she is a real clothes nut lol she got all the shopping genes I have no problems taking her hand me downs they are mostly ann taylor talbots ralph lauren and only 1 or at the most 2 yrs old
so I am quite the happy camper today !!!

It is her b-day but I got the presents
lol I am going shopping for a charm for her pandora bracelet tomorrow I may have to get her 2 !!!

pattie lots of new goodies for your house lol now that it is so hot out it is time for inside projects
remember the carpet installers will move the heavy stuff

ok off to go meet the window guy at chaos's house I may have to dip my toes in the pool

Old 06-19-2009, 11:57 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Yay it is Friday !!!

Holy cow the weather guy just said 98 today and **gulp** 101 on Sat & Sun !!!! with the heat index 104 to 106
I better get the lawn mowed today because I have a feeling that I am going to be staying in the A/C the next couple days
They are saying this is going to be the hottest we have been in a decade

I am watching chaos this weekend so I may have to take a dip in his pool !!

I have to go see my sister at her work sometime today because she said she has a couple dresses she has never worn that I can try on for the wedding

Today is her 50th b-day (we are all going out for dinner on Sunday) so I can go in to her store singing maybe even bring balloons rofl she will "love" that

What are you going to to today

Hi Everyone,

No triple digit heat wave here that's for sure. Temps have been in the mid 60's I am a SUMMER GAL so I kinda miss that weather everyone on here is talking about.

Well at least today so far it hasn't rained but it is partly cloudy like it's been for the past couple weeks but I am still going to enjoy the day and go shopping after my daughter gets out of school. She needs some jeans and summer clothes. We will grab some food while we are out and then later on tonight I will go spend the weekend with my boyfriend

Happy Friday All

Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM

Welcome, E.ortega. This is a good crew.

Karla....are any of those goodies my size???? Man, I wish I had a sister who would give me hand me downs.

Just got back from the pool. Hot, hot, hot! The water was nice, tho.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:24 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Karla, here's an idea to get you closer to the ceiling and the AC-just move that ladder in and perch yourself up there. Plenty of room to put a drink, snacks, etc.! Oh lucky you getting great hand-me-downs like that!

I just finished a new, shorter but not by much, cardio boot camp kind of thing. Man, I almost called the police--I think that dude was trying to kill me!

Looks like we might be in for some storms up here/over here today, and it's getting mighty warm. I put a couple little dishes of water out for my little squirrelfriend, and today I saw another one stop by for a drink! It was kind of funny

Happy Friday everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals