Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 05:08 AM
NCN NCN started this thread

21,663 posts, read 25,637,408 times

Advertisements

Snow in North Carolina. It covered up the grass this time.

Coffee and milk
2 pop tarts--snow makes me hungry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 05:25 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,855,297 times
Morning NCN-bet it's pretty how much?

Thanks for starting-I've been "defragging" this computer.

Think everything's caught up with me-I handle stress really well for awhile and then muscles tighten and I pop a rib. Advil for now and maybe chiro Monday.

Breakfast-the usual yog and fruit.

Lunch-? (yesterday was cottage cheese and salad)

Dinner-chicken and rice.

Enjoy the snow!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 AM

I don't know the exact inches, but I would guess about 4 inches. It came in flurries, so it is everybody's guess. This is our second snow this Winter and the first one didn't even cover the grass, so this is really pretty. I will be taking pictures when the sun comes out. Probably no use to try before that. I took one last night under our outside light.

What is funny is that we got more than the mountains this time. They got the one and two inches. Our cats are so confused. Notice how early on a Saturday I am up. I am like a child on Christmas morning. I had to go see if there was any more. I think we stopped at about 9 last night. It looks about the same this morning.

Old 02-13-2010, 05:52 AM

Come on out here-the white gets old real fast!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:53 AM

Lacey, I came back on just for you. The most snow I have heard about is somewhere around 7 inches in Columbia, South Carolina. That is unusual because anyone that knows the South knows that Columbia is usually the hot spot. In the Summer it could be renamed Hades.

We have somewhere between 3 and 5 inches around here and the Channel 3 morning news has stayed on longer to report the snow news. LOL They have their news people everywhere from I-77 at exit 65 which is where we get off the interstate when we visit relatives in the mountains and Winthrope College in South Carolina where one of their newsmen is learning how to ride on a new kind of snow sled. He did all right the first time and then the anchor newsman challeged him by telling him he went too slow, so he went faster and did a flip falling flat of his back. LOL Snow is melting and falling off the trees and almost making it look like it is snowing again.

The man who is on I-77 was heading to Boone to go to ski. They say the conditions to ski are really good right now. I would hate to go up Highway 421 to get there though. He was doing 35 mph on the interstate but said some cars were going the speed limit which is 70 mph in that area. Then he gets to see them in a ditch when they hit ice.

We are watching the cats play in the snow and a few cars are riding by at about 10 mph. Except for eating too much, this is a good morning. Mr. VA and I are having lots of fun and talking about the snowman that probably won't get made because we are expecting it to get to 40 today and there goes the snow. The mountains are expecting more snow Sunday night.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Come on out here-the white gets old real fast!
My daughter in Virginia has already learned to hate snow. My granddaughter does too. That really hurts my feelings that they would not like something so pretty. I love snow!

I started outside to get some back yard pictures, but the second step was like glass. I took pictures from the first step in front and the first step in back. We have steps down in the garage, so we don't have to use the outside steps. But the steps are full of stuff, so we won't be using them this snow.

Last edited by NCN; 02-13-2010 at 08:44 AM..

Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 AM

The first snow is pretty-it's the constant white we see here from Nov to May-not fun after awhile.

Lunch decision made-tuna salad.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:38 AM

72,419 posts, read 18,204,513 times
I see NCN starting this morning! I am sure I would hate snow if I see too much of it like rain. I would love to sit by the window and watch!

Lacey,you need to learn to meditate and maybe some easy yoga.

Making a mixed juice and veggie breakfast this morning

Old 02-13-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
The first snow is pretty-it's the constant white we see here from Nov to May-not fun after awhile.

Lunch decision made-tuna salad.
We get pretty tired of Dog Days here in North Carolina too. I guess it is having too much of a good thing.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:52 AM

That's for sure! Winter's too long here and summer's too long there-no happy medium!

Izzy just stress past few days adds up-I have Mr. L's 2 witch sisters to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals