Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 10:13 AM

46 posts, read 438,621 times

Advertisements

Any experiences with this smalltime builder in the Dallas area. Mostly townhomes I think. -thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2007, 06:52 PM

71 posts, read 344,065 times
Portrait mostly build townhomes, but they do have a couple of single family home communities. They build a good product and have a good customer service reputation. I have a friend who owns a Portrait Home. Are you looking at a certain community?

Last edited by TXprincess; 03-12-2007 at 07:13 PM..

Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM

46 posts, read 438,621 times
Default townhomes in Plano

Yeah, I really like the townhomes in plano. the low maint. lifestyle, attached garage, no one living above or below me is really appealing.....Although I know Dallas is not high on townhomes but I think this is changing because of the many empty nesters, older singles, and californians who are moving here to escape the madness out west....

Old 03-13-2007, 11:51 AM

71 posts, read 344,065 times
My friend lives off Independence, and loves the community.
If you buy one that is a couple of years older they are less per square foot, but new you choose all the colors and features. Ask yourself what is most important to you - price or features.
Let me know if you have any specific questions I can answer.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:53 PM

13 posts, read 121,259 times
Yeah I have heard great things about them as well. I don't think they are as small time as you think. They are currently building in 9 states so that makes them more than just a local builder.

They are currently building in four or five communities off of Ridgeview in Plano. Two of those communities have single family homes and look pretty nice. I would say go for it if you like the product and it's within your price range.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:04 PM

1 posts, read 6,404 times
Arrow Portrait Town Homes in Plano as Rental Property

I am looking towards buying new or 2-3 years old Town Home in Plano for Rental. Has somebody already done like that any suggetsion about rental rates and locations.

Thanks,

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM

5 posts, read 28,000 times
Default portrait homes in bedford

i was driving thru bedford and went and saw these very attractives townhomes by portrait homes in bedford off harwood st and was wondering with so many thoughts......
-is this a good area
-are those townhomes any good
-how about the crime scene
-will i be making a mistake buy buying the townhome
and believe me so many more....

thanks for ur reply.....

Old 04-10-2007, 01:48 PM

14 posts, read 124,270 times
I lived in the Plano area -deerfield right by the portrait townhomes off of coit...cant remember the names of them....anyway I really liked them and at the time 2005 they boasted that most of the townhomes were owner-occupied....try looking into to those...the people really seemed to take care of them and were very nice....they also had a couple of floor plans with 2 master sized rooms, which help when renting them out....and the neighborhood was tops, clean, close to everything u can imagine ...

Old 04-10-2007, 01:51 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,683 times
They are a big player in townhomes here in Charlotte NC. I can't think of anything negative to say about them.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:43 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,886,811 times
They are also building some close by me. I've seen them mostly in the northern burb of Plano and Frisco. Seems to be selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas