Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 01:13 PM

20 posts, read 47,189 times

Advertisements

Please I need some suggestions and opinions on the best place a nurse working at both Baylor Dallas and Parkland hospital can live.

How far apart are both hospitals? Where is the best place/suburb to stay? I have two young kids. I would like to live in a house and not an apartment,maybe in a planned community. I will be renting not buying.

Also at some point I will be starting school at UTA.The program I am interested in has lecture one day a week on campus so the commute to Arlington should't be too brutal.

Thank you for your time.

P.S. I am hoping momof2dfw will come along to give me some good inf

Last edited by mimismith9; 11-04-2010 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
In between Baylor and Parkland is Uptown, Turtle Creek, Oak Lawn and Knox-Henderson. You might find a house nearer to Henderson. It's mostly apartments, condos and townhomes in the other areas but there are some older duplexes just south of Highland Park. No planned communities for many, many miles. What is the budget?

Old 11-04-2010, 04:40 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
If you want a planned community close to both hospitals AND Arlington......and guessing you want good schools with the kiddos? Check out Cedar Hill, southwest of Dallas. It will be a 30-40 minute drive to both places, but it's the closest southern suburb with schools and the master-planned thing going on. It's pretty too- hilly, nice retail/shopping areas, close to Joe Pool Lake and Cedar Hill State Park.

Old 11-05-2010, 10:07 AM

3 posts, read 6,444 times
Alexan Southwestern. Hands down the best for you. Tons of Nurses and Doctors in the building and only a mile from the famous "uptown" district. About a 1 min drive to Parkland and great amenities. I am a current resident and couldn't be happier. Avoid all gables properties (I made that mistake). Email me at [email]joshuastelzer@yahoo.com[/email] if you have any additional questions

Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the replies. I will check out the areas suggested.

Stelzer, I really don't want to live in an apartment. I would prefer a house/townhouse in a nice neighborhood that is safe for me and my two kids.

While it would be nice to live in a planned community, it is not a MUST.

Pls keep the suggestions coming.

Old 11-05-2010, 03:44 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,188 times
I'm confused...are you only going to be here temporarily? It sounded in the original question like you are looking for a place to stay for a short time. If you're only here for a short while, I would definitely not get tied down with buying anything. Also, what kind of price range are you considering? That will make a huge difference.

Old 11-05-2010, 04:21 PM

Hi Sandstorm, I apologise for any misunderstanding. I plan to make Dallas home for a long time. I can't afford to buy a place so I am actually looking to rent maybe up to $1500 a month.

Thanks

Old 11-05-2010, 04:34 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,188 times
No problem. I just misunderstood.

If it weren't for the UTA part, I would recommend checking out Richardson. It's got several areas where you could rent a house in that price range that are safe and in good school districts. Plus it has access to DART which would help with your commute to both Baylor and Parkland. I don't think you will find any planned communities that are a reasonable distance from where you are going to be working and in that price range. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of areas to the west and south of Dallas might have some ideas in those directions. Good luck!

Old 11-06-2010, 01:19 AM

59 posts, read 117,300 times
Unless you want to drive 60 miles per day, planned communities are out. Way out.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 AM

Thank you 1928, please can you suggest some viable options?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas