Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 06:10 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2aus View Post
Good to know. I just looked at a map and it looks like a tiny sliver on Waterford Drive. I think that could be a great set-up for the right person - especially a golfer or someone looking for a gated community. Personally I'd prefer Hackberry Creek over Valley Ranch if I liked the house.

The negative I could see is that might feel a little less of the Coppell community feel for the kids since Pinkerton isn't in the neighborhood. Not a big deal, but just means it might be a little less likely to have a bunch of kids in the neighborhood that your kids would know from school.
Some homes are in both the ISD's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 AM

We liked a house in Valley Ranch built in 2001. It has foundation repairs done (15 piers, root barrier, cracks fixed and french drain). Does it indicate something wrong with the foundation from the beginning?

Old 11-04-2012, 05:38 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
We liked a house in Valley Ranch built in 2001. It has foundation repairs done (15 piers, root barrier, cracks fixed and french drain). Does it indicate something wrong with the foundation from the beginning?
Was it a Grand Home ? Then yes.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:16 PM

16 posts, read 28,105 times
Hackberry Creek is a great central location but the gate situation is a pain logistically and for when you have guests. Valley Ranch is also an ideal location and you can be near the wonderful canal trails. Very few other areas in Dallas can boast of this, plus you get Coppell ISD to boot.

I suggest stay away from FM near 1499. The lines to get on and off 635/114 are pretty bad and made even worse by the mall. With the high speed limit, you will see regular accidents and hope no one hits you in their rush to get out of this inconvenient area. Plus, more square footage per dollar doesn't help if you're wasting it on gas for a longer commute.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Was it a Grand Home ? Then yes.
Thanks Rakin. We did not ask the realtor about the builder for this house. But, it is similar to Grand home built other 2 homes we checked in this area (stacked formals, arches and huge wall splitting the home starting from door).

Old 11-04-2012, 10:07 PM

Any reason why vickery elementary is only acceptable in FM. is it just one of the case. We checked out FM oaks. They are very nice with bigger lots. Better priced than similar projects on FM road.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natori View Post
Hackberry Creek is a great central location but the gate situation is a pain logistically and for when you have guests. Valley Ranch is also an ideal location and you can be near the wonderful canal trails. Very few other areas in Dallas can boast of this, plus you get Coppell ISD to boot.

I suggest stay away from FM near 1499. The lines to get on and off 635/114 are pretty bad and made even worse by the mall. With the high speed limit, you will see regular accidents and hope no one hits you in their rush to get out of this inconvenient area. Plus, more square footage per dollar doesn't help if you're wasting it on gas for a longer commute.
Thanks Natori.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 AM

81 posts, read 136,211 times
There's a reason why Flower Mound Oaks are better priced that some of the other ones in Flower Mound-location. There's no way I would spend that much on a house and have to send my kids to Vickery Elementary. Sorry, but there are way too many other excellent elementaries in Flower Mound to choose from. I think you would be very disappointed in that. Flower Mound has lots of great pre-existing homes that feed into wonderful schools.

Old 11-06-2012, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan427 View Post
There's a reason why Flower Mound Oaks are better priced that some of the other ones in Flower Mound-location. There's no way I would spend that much on a house and have to send my kids to Vickery Elementary. Sorry, but there are way too many other excellent elementaries in Flower Mound to choose from. I think you would be very disappointed in that. Flower Mound has lots of great pre-existing homes that feed into wonderful schools.
Thanks Morgan. We will keep looking into other areas.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:22 AM

deleted.

Last edited by ritholtz; 11-06-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas