Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
I work at TH Presby Hospital - which is supposed to be very near the River Walk.

I was looking on the website, I couldn't figure out what kind of retail establishments they are planning to place there.

I see apartments and condos - I'm thinking that's a good thing right? Although I thought people covet areas with no apartment complexes... am I right or wrong?
actually, that might be the one that was built IN the Riverwalk area! Let me look around. I know a hospital is one of the first buildings that went up for that project. I remember because my wife was siked there was a nice hospital close to where we would want to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Yeah thats the one! You would be working in the RW! Nice!

Anyway, point to note; assuming nothing has changed same architect that designed SL Town Center, designed the Riverwalk. I believe this guy did Parker Square and Ballpark at Arlington as well. I could be wrong on one of those..Anwyay, since you like SL figured I would point that out. Not a deal maker, but will be nice to tie the town (FloMo) together since Riverwalk is somewhat of a second attempt at establishing a retail presence since Parker Square went over like a f*rt in church overall in that regard.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:29 PM

67 posts, read 107,165 times
Southlake's acre and Flower Mound's acre were not created equal. I say go with SL unless you own horses or something. I had similar crossroad when I was trying to pick between Prosper and Willow Bend and fortunately my realtor knocked some sense into me.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepforgettingpw View Post
Southlake's acre and Flower Mound's acre were not created equal. I say go with SL unless you own horses or something. I had similar crossroad when I was trying to pick between Prosper and Willow Bend and fortunately my realtor knocked some sense into me.
What did you choose?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Willow Bend

Old 02-01-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Willow Bend
Oh really? why not Prosper?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:51 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,577 times
Quote:
What does that mean? Not equal?

In price?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:47 PM

Value of land is different in every zip code. An acre in Amarillo is significantly less valuable compared to 0.10 acre of Manhattan.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 AM

473 posts, read 1,200,101 times
Quote:
I work at TH Presby Hospital - which is supposed to be very near the River Walk.
FM is building a reputation as a medical district in the northern FM 2499 corridor (in and around Riverwalk). You can inquire more from the town but here are the excerpts from the latest Mayor's message on the medical district:

"They have Orthopedic Associates, Rosewood Assisted Living and Memory Care, Caddis Medical, and several new medical office buildings. Development under construction in the River Walk includes a new medical office building (MOB) that will be attached to the hospital and the home of Texas Oncology.

Two additional medical office buildings were recently approved, and we having been working closely on a few other developments that we expect to be announced in the first quarter of 2012"

Also here the other big hospitals within 6 miles of FM:

Grapevine Baylor Medical Center
Denton Medical Center
Medical Center of Lewisville

I am not a physician but I guess its good to know the future potential places to work for any location you decide to choose.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:31 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
What does that mean? Not equal?

In price?
Yes, I'm assuming both lots are in the same general price range. There's a reason why you can buy an acre in FM for the price of 1/3 acre in SL--> demand drives price up.

I disagree with th poster who said the larger lot in FM has a greater chance of appreciation. No, the better located lot has the greatest chance. Case in point: a 50x150 lot in the Park Cities has experienced (and will continue to) far greater appreciation than a 1 acre lot in Murphy, Lucas, Colleyville, even Southlake. Location & demand drive appreciation, not lot size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas