Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:11 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Agents are aware of this and is another reason they don't withhold any information they receive.
And also... If a problem is found by one Inspector, odds are it will be found by another inspector. It's better to just address issues up front and get them repaired. It's one of the reasons we sometimes get Inspections Before we list a home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:20 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And also... If a problem is found by one Inspector, odds are it will be found by another inspector. It's better to just address issues up front and get them repaired. It's one of the reasons we sometimes get Inspections Before we list a home.
^^^this!

However, I have had several sales -- (no backouts due to repairs, my properties are always in ready condition at sale time or I address whatever is really -- emphasis on the word really -- wrong) when (different) agents have told me specifically what the buyer is asking for but flat out told me that the sellers' agent doesn't provide copies of the inspection report and they don't ask for it anyway. Their job is to move the sale along and to make sure concession requests are addressed. On every home sale I have done I have never once received a copy of the buyers' inspection reports, nor has it been provided to my agent, and several agents have said they believe that's just fine.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:10 AM

501 posts, read 1,463,125 times
Did the inspector check the box that said the HVAC needed to be repaired? It's a fairly typical statement to say that there is "significant temp difference" that would actually indicate that the unit is functioning as intended. They measure the temp of the air going in at the return and the temp coming out of the vents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
We have house that is close to 30 yrs old on market
it has an older (8-10 yr) HVAC but we did change the original ductwork before listing so tha is all new...the inspection report said that there was a "significant temp difference" whe the inspector was checking the AC--25 degrees but no explanation of WHAT that difference was...
at the time of the inspection (later in the day) there may have been a reason WHY there was a significant difference...
we had our AC person come to house and check the air coming out of vents--
totally within guidelines...
she wrote that info in email for me which we passed to our realtor to send to buyer--
who was willing to accept it...

but the fact that the inspector failed to couch his "significant difference" in any meaningful relationship makes me think he was looking for any reason to find fault with the house...
He wrote us up for having a leak in the kitchen sink--and for one of master bathroom sinks..
I found the one in the Master sink and we paid plumber to repair but plumber could find NO leak in kitchen sink...
so how good is that inspector...
Not too much in my book...

I think he was just pointing out any flaw in an older home--
heck--newer homes can have some pretty significant flaws as well...

we agreed to repair some stuff (costing us probably 600 total) and giving up 1K in closing...
should have negotiated harder and given up less regarding sales price overall...then could have given couple of K for R/R work w/o feeling like she was nickle and diming us...

but my husband wants to sell and not wait for another buyer now that weather is turning and holidays are coming
supposed to close Nov 30--keep your fingers crossed...

Old 11-18-2012, 02:58 PM

477 posts, read 1,051,758 times
Sellers agreed to replace HVAC system, so we're happy. Realtor pretty much said if they didn't agree and we backed out, they were going to have to do something with it anyway, or lower their price. They made the right decision

Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM

19,782 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
Sellers agreed to replace HVAC system, so we're happy. Realtor pretty much said if they didn't agree and we backed out, they were going to have to do something with it anyway, or lower their price. They made the right decision
Excellent.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Congratulations; you really lucked out! Personally I would have asked for a credit so I could have chosen my own contractor and system...is that what you're doing?

Old 11-18-2012, 05:45 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times
Quote:
Congratulations globe9, well done!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,125 times
Quote:

That's awesome! Congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas