Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 05:36 PM

170 posts, read 374,175 times

Advertisements

realtor.com

This is a link to listings in Plano's gated communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 09:04 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
I think between her & pinipig, we have contenders for most picky buyers. I hope both find what they or their relative are looking for.
Very true...

Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 PM

84 posts, read 167,030 times
We went to Southlake today. Really liked the area, but quite far from Richardson indeed, and we didnt understand the very narrow one-way lanes there. So different than other parts we have been to. I was afraid of driving in some parts due to the narrowness of the road.

I spoke to the buyer today and let them know about the consenus on much of the board about West Plano. They were looking up homes in Plano. I guess its back as a major contender. But buyer still seems to like Cottonwood Valley in Irving as well. We dont know much at all about Irving however. Anything to let them know about that area?

Tomorrow we plan to visit Coppell, but not many homes available there in the higher price range/size. Atleast not on sites we have checked out.

Thank you for the comments/links.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianGal View Post
We went to Southlake today. Really liked the area, but quite far from Richardson indeed, and we didnt understand the very narrow one-way lanes there. So different than other parts we have been to. I was afraid of driving in some parts due to the narrowness of the road.

I spoke to the buyer today and let them know about the consenus on much of the board about West Plano. They were looking up homes in Plano. I guess its back as a major contender. But buyer still seems to like Cottonwood Valley in Irving as well. We dont know much at all about Irving however. Anything to let them know about that area?

Tomorrow we plan to visit Coppell, but not many homes available there in the higher price range/size. Atleast not on sites we have checked out.

The beauty about Southlake, IMO, is that it is technically a small community... I think the population is a little north of 26K... small town feel, but you still get the amenities and the highway running right through it.

Bad part is airplane noise in a good portion of it.

In other news - I think you should have your friends look into Preston Hollow... I think that's a fantastic place. We were (or still are?) looking there, but the budget must be pushed just a tad bit to get something great - say north of $1.1M.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
The beauty about Southlake, IMO, is that it is technically a small community... I think the population is a little north of 26K... small town feel, but you still get the amenities and the highway running right through it.

Bad part is airplane noise in a good portion of it.

In other news - I think you should have your friends look into Preston Hollow... I think that's a fantastic place. We were (or still are?) looking there, but the budget must be pushed just a tad bit to get something great - say north of $1.1M.
I will have to let them know about the airplane noise, once they go down there then I will mention it. I dont want them to possibly rule it out before visiting. Thank you, and I did read it in one other post as well earlier.

I infact tried getting them to go to Preston Hollow and Bluffview the other day, but they went to Irving instead. They have been to Highland Park but do not want to buy a house there. Will mention PH again. I think all possible areas should be explored.

Thank you.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
I will have to let them know about the airplane noise, once they go down there then I will mention it. I dont want them to possibly rule it out before visiting. Thank you, and I did read it in one other post as well earlier.

I infact tried getting them to go to Preston Hollow and Bluffview the other day, but they went to Irving instead. They have been to Highland Park but do not want to buy a house there. Will mention PH again. I think all possible areas should be explored.

Thank you.
If I wanted to push my budget beyond $1.3M, I would not hesitate at all to buy in the "true" portions of Preston Hollow, not one doubt in my mind.

That's prime area in my mind.... moreso than Southlake.

That said, because I have decided to scale back to $800s, Southlake is a better option in that price range IMO. I'm still looking at PH homes, but nothing in the $800s would be even near what we're looking for.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:33 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,696,595 times
Quote:

As I mentioned, I live in Cottonwood Valley. If I were driving to Richardson, I would take the George Bush and would get on at Walnut Hill. It would be going against traffic so it's not awful, just kind of expensive by always taking the toll road. We have several kids living in the community and a private park where families with kids gather on Friday evenings. I don't think any of the elementary school kids attend public schools. There are tons of private schools around here. Families join the country club to golf and for kids activites, too. It's pricey but again, all depends on what you want. It is a very diverse community filled with medical professionals, some professional athletes, corporate types, etc......pretty much like all other communities. The crime rate is so low, beyond statistics. I feel totally comfortable walking in our community any time of night. We have our own security staff plus the Las Colinas private police force is always patrolling all LC neighborhoods. All owners in Las Colinas pay to be part of the LC homeowners Assoc. in addition to the regular HOA's for their specific communities. The LC homeowners Assoc., in addition to continuous live neighborhood surveillance, also provides home alarm monitoring at no additional expense.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the information Squirl. I did hear about the LC fees when we saw a home in the Enclave a few months ago.

pinpig523, I think you are right in that if buyer wanted a house over 1 mil, preston hollow may have been a nice choice but in our price range buyer will not get what they are looking for, so that area is out for now.

Today we went to Colleyville, Willowbend in Plano, Prosper and Coppell. I am not sure if it was the homes we were looking at or what but we did not care for Coppell. We really liked Colleyville, with the huge homes and yards. But I think buyers spouse will not like the 30 mile drive to Richardson. They will see the area when back in town. I am wondering why a lot more people do not mention Colleyville? Is there something I am missing? Distance? Not so easy access to highways? It's such a big city with many areas of nice homes.

Although Prosper was nice and new, it did not have a city feel due to it being so new maybe. Might look at some homes there in the future.. Buyer will have to see it but I am guessing they will share similar views.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,648,729 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information Squirl. I did hear about the LC fees when we saw a home in the Enclave a few months ago.

pinpig523, I think you are right in that if buyer wanted a house over 1 mil, preston hollow may have been a nice choice but in our price range buyer will not get what they are looking for, so that area is out for now.

Today we went to Colleyville, Willowbend in Plano, Prosper and Coppell. I am not sure if it was the homes we were looking at or what but we did not care for Coppell. We really liked Colleyville, with the huge homes and yards. But I think buyers spouse will not like the 30 mile drive to Richardson. They will see the area when back in town. I am wondering why a lot more people do not mention Colleyville? Is there something I am missing? Distance? Not so easy access to highways? It's such a big city with many areas of nice homes.

Although Prosper was nice and new, it did not have a city feel due to it being so new maybe. Might look at some homes there in the future.. Buyer will have to see it but I am guessing they will share similar views.
Colleyville is very pretty in many areas, but that's a long hike to Richardson. Although the DFW Connector project will be completed by the end of the year, 635 will be a mess until 2016. Colleyville to Richardson is likely an hour commute each way (based on similar personal experience and that of a co-worker. Obviously that will vary depending by exact locations in each 'burb).

As to why Colleyville doesn't get mentioned as much - because it's a long bloody way from Richardson. Colleyville schools are very good but not quite at the level of Coppell/Plano/Southlake. Also, it's often overshadowed by its neighbor Southlake, and doesn't have the amount of shopping that Southlake does. But yes, it's very nice (we thought we'd wind up there, but happened to find a house in Southlake that was a "best fit". Still a big fan of the place).

Old 05-04-2013, 07:43 PM

sychronicity, thank you for the reply. We liked Southlake as well but didnt like the very narrow roads like on White Chapel and parts of Dove. Is most of Southlake like that? We did drive around quite a bit but noticed several of those roads. Is there any indoor mall in Southlake or Colleyville?

What is the Connector project going to do for those that live in Southlake area or Colleyville? Do you or anyone else here know? Where will it lesson commute time to? And by how much for example? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: