Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times

Advertisements

People who bash a story and a half home with Master down obviously have not experienced long term knee issues as many do as they age nor had a spouse with serious joint issues from Rh. Not all of us want a one story either. The Master down is not a fad nor a bad idea from home builders to make money. Some seem blind to full life cycle issues. Having a second bedroom down can solve the young child issue at a cost less than a one story option perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM

276 posts, read 528,759 times
To each, its own. One size doesn't fit everybody.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:50 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Blaming the realtor for decision the buyers' made about their bedroom vs secondary ones is pretty immature...
if they can't think about what life would be like with babies/young children in a two story home I don't know if they can anticipate other aspects of home ownership they might regret either...

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Blaming the realtor for decision the buyers' made about their bedroom vs secondary ones is pretty immature....
Yeah, that was a little out there.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:49 AM

120 posts, read 221,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Blaming the realtor for decision the buyers' made about their bedroom vs secondary ones is pretty immature...
if they can't think about what life would be like with babies/young children in a two story home I don't know if they can anticipate other aspects of home ownership they might regret either...
His argument was that realtor talked us out of looking for upstairs master bedroom because his agency was getting kickbacks on his subdivision. My argument was that you are an adult and responsible for your actions, don't let nobody talk you out of what you need.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:14 AM

1,515 posts, read 2,274,378 times
Personally I'm thrilled with master downstairs. In our current house, I trudge up 3 floors and it gets tiresome. In our new house we are renting, the kids will have their own space upstairs and be able to spread out a bit. With all our bedrooms upstairs in our current house and in an open loft type of design, I've always felt that we are a bit on top of one another. It wasn't bad when the kids were really small but now as they enter teen years, it has gotten a bit harder. Our current house lacks a bit on the privacy side. My husband gets up really early for work and he would often disturb the kids even being we quiet as he could be.

If one had very small kids, I could see this being somewhat of an issue but with baby alarms, child gates, or the option of sleeping upstairs if you felt really uncomfortable, there are ways around this.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:05 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,929 times
On average people live in a house for what like 10 years. If you are about to start a family and plan to have 2-3 kids then going with upstairs master makes sense ... at least to me.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM

509 posts, read 1,262,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
On average people live in a house for what like 10 years. If you are about to start a family and plan to have 2-3 kids then going with upstairs master makes sense ... at least to me.
Yep! that is what we did. Our current home has all bedrooms upstairs. Having little ones during all these years here in this home has been really good for me. They wake up in the middle of the night and get into bed with us for whatever reason and they just have to take a few steps to do that. I too have just to take a few steps to get to them (especially when they were babies). But now that our oldest is approaching the teen years, we have outgrown this home. It certainly served its purpose. Soon we will be ready to sale and hopefully we won't have problems selling it with all bedrooms upstairs.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 PM

6 posts, read 5,587 times
We did and this became or selling point. There was nothing else distinguishing the house from others but our buyers picked it and paid asking price because this was the only one with an upstairs master.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas