Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,298,823 times

Advertisements

Some of the local golf clubs are drilling water wells to take care of this type of problem. Wells, and the creeks/ponds to hold the water, cost around 250k-350k. Not huge money for some of these clubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 11:45 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerBeer View Post
All suburban country clubs lost significant numbers of members during recession, things are picking up. PW management needs to work on their skills for gaining & retaining members.
Members are leaving Prestonwood CC at a far greater number than other local clubs, so there is a reason for that happening. I know a significant number of members at all the area clubs, including some at Prestonwood CC and I also know some of the Prestonwood members that have left (many who joined a long time ago) to join other clubs, so it's not [just] a matter of the economy. I'm hearing that a number of people who live in the Hills neighborhood are moving because of the problems and issues with the club.

Does the Prestonwood Hills clubhouse even serve dinner anymore? I know they used to. The times I have driven by the Hills clubhouse around dinner time there are only a scant few cars in the parking lot.

Old 02-13-2014, 11:56 AM

72 posts, read 123,712 times
Wrong information.
Attached Thumbnails
Prestonwood Golf Club vs Dallas-image.jpg  

Old 02-13-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong information.
You would never know it by the handful (literally) of cars in the parking lot...a few of which have to belong to kitchen and wait staff.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:57 PM

72 posts, read 123,712 times
If they are not attracting enough dinner customers then they should make it open to public. You pay to eat, you pay to play. One time high price would attract more people compared to little fortune of current membership. If prices are higher then "riffraff" wouldn't be an issue and they'll generate more revenue.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:30 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times
The country club conglomerates like Club Corp are really putting a dent in the membership numbers at non affiliated clubs. My wife and I are Stonebridge Ranch One members, so we can go to any club in the Club Corp network, around the world. That's pretty cool that we could go have dinner and hang out at the club in Rio de Janeiro, for example. The benefits to members outweigh those of single site clubs.

Isn't George Bush a member at Prestonwood?

Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 PM

I drove by the Hills clubhouse at 6:45 this evening and counted 8 vehicles in the parking lot. Two or 3 of those were adults that were picking up their sons from golf practice. I dunno... I have yet to see any cars or people at the club on any day of the week that would make anyone think that the club was serving dinner or had any member event going on. Very strange.

I'm getting conflicting information...because I have neighbors that are long-time members at Prestonwood and they tell me things are a mess, and many members that are willing to talk about it are upset. I have neighbors that are members at Gleneagles and they tell me that a number of people have moved from Prestonwood to Gleneagles and other clubs. A fellow I play golf with from time-to-time is a member at Prestonwood and he tells me the Hills course has no golf pro because he quit, but you tell me there is a golf pro. I dunno... He also tells me that one or both of the potential acquirers were definitely not interested after doing their due diligence. So, maybe what happened is that Prestonwood asked the potential buyers to make an offer even though they said they weren't interested, but Prestonwood declined the offers. I dunno. He also tells me that many members are just waiting to see what happens before moving to another club. Whatever the real truth is, and whatever is really going on, I don't claim to know but it's clear that the people at Prestonwood are not handling things very proactively, which is causing some grief with a lot of members.

Your view of opening the clubhouse to the public has no value to anyone (member or non-member as far as I can see things. The clubhouse is old and rundown and any menu would likely be over-priced...plus (as you know) there are a zillion nice restaurants nearby. Even making the golf course semi-private would not be much of a draw...

PS - Before dropping by the Hills clubhouse I was at Gleneagles CC and all the parking lots were full of vehicles gathering to have dinner.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The country club conglomerates like Club Corp are really putting a dent in the membership numbers at non affiliated clubs. My wife and I are Stonebridge Ranch One members, so we can go to any club in the Club Corp network, around the world. That's pretty cool that we could go have dinner and hang out at the club in Rio de Janeiro, for example. The benefits to members outweigh those of single site clubs.

Isn't George Bush a member at Prestonwood?
No... Dallas CC He and Laura live in Preston Hollow...

Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Wrong information.
That flyer is for the Creek clubhouse, not the Hills clubhouse.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:20 AM

506 posts, read 2,149,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Are they still a male only course?
Prestonwood CC isn't male only - you're thinking of Preston Trail Golf Club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas