Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 12:11 PM

24,597 posts, read 10,921,225 times

Advertisements

Lol - you should have seen me last night in not much of a dress and high heels with a full glas in my hand giggling on my way across the street
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 01:58 PM

130 posts, read 154,092 times
must be a Mavs fan...

Mavs Fans: Rowdy, Loud & Proud | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 08-17-2015, 10:41 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,410,675 times
Yes, a person can change pretty much everything about a house except for the neighbors. Most suburban Dallas homes are production builder plans anyway. If I like a floorplan well enough, odds are I can find it again with different neighbors somewhere else.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:54 AM

14 posts, read 14,324 times
yes, that would be a deal-killer.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:30 PM

216 posts, read 344,251 times
For a frat - yes. I guess it depends on how noisy/trashy they were. But we live next to a few houses that are rented out to SMU kids and they have an occasional party and honestly - other than that - awesome neighbors. So I guess it depends on your tolerance for things. Personally - a dog that barks 24/7 is much harder to live with than occasional noise from a party.

Old 08-17-2015, 02:50 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
It would be a deal-breaker if they appeared to be noisy. That kind of thing could be very annoying. Might be an isolated incident but then again, it might not. Does the exterior of house appear unkempt? Again, I wouldn't really mind who lived there (within reason) unless they were noisy or kept the outside poorly.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 PM

374 posts, read 549,208 times
Is be turned off, but HOW were they rowdy? Were they blurting racial slurs whilst waving their rebel flag in the air, wearing wife beaters, and spitting their tobacco on the driveway?
What did their property look like? Yard a mess? Foil in the windows? Weeds everywhere?
(Extreme example, yes)

OR were they just being a little too loud? Were they laughing? Arguing? Vulgar language?

Give specifics so we understand the context

Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM

6 posts, read 8,100 times
So we have a police officer family member who looked this issue up for us. He was able to pull up a crime report for that whole street and the Rowdy Neighbor house.

Looks like there are people who live at Rowdy house on probation for theft and previous possession, and the house gets frequent police calls every MONTH due to noise and disturbances. The teenagers in the house have had run ins with the police as well.

We are moving on and looking for the next house.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:24 PM

6 posts, read 8,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison81 View Post
Is be turned off, but HOW were they rowdy? Were they blurting racial slurs whilst waving their rebel flag in the air, wearing wife beaters, and spitting their tobacco on the driveway?
What did their property look like? Yard a mess? Foil in the windows? Weeds everywhere?
(Extreme example, yes)

OR were they just being a little too loud? Were they laughing? Arguing? Vulgar language?

Give specifics so we understand the context
Trust me, it was negative rowdy. Not happy-laughing-people-having-fun rowdy. Contrary to previous poster beliefs, I'm not a total ******* and can distinguish between the two

Old 08-18-2015, 10:35 AM

551 posts, read 1,099,927 times
Your not giving us much detail but it sounds like you are operating on very limited info. Driving by one time and having no context of what you saw. Your best bet would be talk to the other neighbors and get their opinion. In my experience people are usually more than willing to share their opinion. Once you get better facts you can make an informed decision.

It could be a one time thing. High school kid had people over while parents away and it got out of control. fight breaks out... whatever.

Or it could be ongoing drama that you want to stay away from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas