Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 12:09 PM

8,151 posts, read 8,354,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.2Orlando2Dallas View Post
I waited out a bubble in Florida and bought a home for 60% less than peak pricing,now we're on the other side of that as homeowners I think it's time to cash out and rent for a couple years while the bubble pops here in Dallas.

While jobs are moving here the price boom isn't normal and will have to re-adjust ,it always does.
Did you even read the link at the top of this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 01:48 PM

69 posts, read 120,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldKlas View Post
Did you even read the link at the top of this thread?
Yes I did but I also know price increases are not sustainable,I'm putting my money where my mouth is (or in this case in my pocket)

Old 05-14-2016, 02:44 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Yes I did but I also know price increases are not sustainable,I'm putting my money where my mouth is (or in this case in my pocket)
Your decision. But to not be able to discern between the mid 2000's bubble in Florida (where subprime mortgages and speculators were the bubble's root cause) and the mid 2010's in DFW (where one of the fastest growing populations in the US and massive job growth are driving prices up) is a major miscalculation, IMO. The current appreciation rates will settle down at some point, but it's going to take a national economic disaster for prices to actually decrease here.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:23 PM

69 posts, read 120,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Your decision. But to not be able to discern between the mid 2000's bubble in Florida (where subprime mortgages and speculators were the bubble's root cause) and the mid 2010's in DFW (where one of the fastest growing populations in the US and massive job growth are driving prices up) is a major miscalculation, IMO. The current appreciation rates will settle down at some point, but it's going to take a national economic disaster for prices to actually decrease here.
I understand the dynamics are totally different but a bubble is a bubble is a bubble, everyone moving here or already here doesn't work at Toyota or have a salary of 100k+ eventually things will normalize they always do.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:21 PM

138 posts, read 216,760 times
Quote:
The most expensive real estate in Las Colinas actually IS in Iving ISD

Cottonwood Valley in Las Colinas is zoned to Iving ISD
Fox Glen in LC is in IISD
Windsor Heights is in IISD
University Hills is in IISD
The Enclave is in IISD

Either you don't know the geographic boundaries of the school districts or that of las Colinas. Yes there are some affluent parts of las Colinas in IISD. That said only a tiny percentage of Las Colinas is in fact IISD. And way more than 10 homes in Las Colinas are zoned Coppell. That statement leads me to believe you don't know what the geographic boundaries of Las Colinas actually is.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:34 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
I understand the dynamics are totally different but a bubble is a bubble is a bubble, everyone moving here or already here doesn't work at Toyota or have a salary of 100k+ eventually things will normalize they always do.
Have you tried to get a mortgage lately? They practically want blood and your first born child to approve financing.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:39 PM

I'd also like to add the tiny percentage of affluent white and Asian students in IISD do well. The IISD is lower performing because it has something like 87% low ses coupled with a high percentage of ELLs.

Old 05-14-2016, 09:42 PM

8,151 posts, read 8,354,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
Either you don't know the geographic boundaries of the school districts or that of las Colinas. Yes there are some affluent parts of las Colinas in IISD. That said only a tiny percentage of Las Colinas is in fact IISD. And way more than 10 homes in Las Colinas are zoned Coppell. That statement leads me to believe you don't know what the geographic boundaries of Las Colinas actually is.
Much of Las Colinas is in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD but the most affluent sections are in Irving ISD

Irving ISD attendance zone: Please note every affluent community in my earlier email is in the zone.

http://www.irvingisd.net/cms/lib010/...istrictMap.pdf

Coppell ISD boundry map (note only 11 houses in Hackbery creek are in the zone, and a section called Vistas) all other areas are NOT in Las Colinas.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...I3yH4&hl=en_US

I have spent 15 years living in Las Colinas; you likely do not understand the school boundries and are you confusing Las Colinas with Valley Ranch?

Old 05-14-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Much of Las Colinas is in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch ISD but the most affluent sections are in Irving ISD

Irving ISD attendance zone: Please note every affluent community in my earlier email is in the zone.

http://www.irvingisd.net/cms/lib010/...istrictMap.pdf

Coppell ISD boundry map (note only 11 houses in Hackbery creek are in the zone, and a section called Vistas) all other areas are NOT in Las Colinas.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...I3yH4&hl=en_US

I have spent 15 years living in Las Colinas; you likely do not understand the school boundries and are you confusing Las Colinas with Valley Ranch?
You may not recognize the actual western borders of Las Colinas but it goes further west than you are alluding to. You keep saying hackberry is the furtherest. That is incorrect. Tell that to Darling and highland and their$600-800k homes they are building on the western edge of las Colinas. All zoned Coppell ISD.

And yes there are affluent parts of las Colinas in IISD. I never said other wise. That small section is tiny compared to the rest of IISD. It may be the most expensive but what's your point. Much of the non IISD parts of las Colinas is $400k+. The majority of IISD is south Irving and in the lower $100k range. Much of Iriving ISD is low income housing and low income apartments. Those houses on the IISD tax rolls that are north of north gate are small in number compared to those south of Northgate. Going south of Northgate and property values start dropping rapidly going down more and more as you go south of 183. Go drive around the bulk of IISD and you will see why the district is performing where it does. That said two of their high schools(Mac and Singley) out perform most of their TEA peer schools.

Last edited by Wrecked; 05-14-2016 at 10:09 PM..

Old 05-14-2016, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Will the price growth slow over time? Of course. Will prices drop to previous levels, not likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas