Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,309,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfairPark View Post
I'm not against affordable housing but if city is spending, poor long time renters from east side should come first.

By the way, Highland Park businesses are surviving fine without any affordable housing so that point has no weight.
Bullsh$t and you know it. As kyam11 continues to remind this forum, Highland Park is surrounded by lower income neighborhoods. There are literal housing projects within 1.5 miles from the HP Whole Foods, not to mention all the non-HUD housing that takes Sect8 adjacent to Love Field and Oak Lawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 02:10 PM

3,678 posts, read 4,178,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Bullsh$t and you know it. As kyam11 continues to remind this forum, Highland Park is surrounded by lower income neighborhoods. There are literal housing projects within 1.5 miles from the HP Whole Foods, not to mention all the non-HUD housing that takes Sect8 adjacent to Love Field and Oak Lawn.
No. I do not know anything about digestive products of bulls. However, i do know that apartments on east side of Plano are pretty affordable and so are parts of neighboring Colony, Carrollton, Richardson, Dallas etc.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:39 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
No. I do not know anything about digestive products of bulls. However, i do know that apartments on east side of Plano are pretty affordable and so are parts of neighboring Colony, Carrollton, Richardson, Dallas etc.
Let them eat cake, eh?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Let them eat cake, eh?
If Plano residents are funding the bread then shouldn't we first feed thy neighbor?

Old 05-21-2018, 03:31 PM

3,754 posts, read 4,244,443 times
I imagine this is going to annoy a lot of Plano residents who live in that area.

However, the writing was on the wall for years now, ever since McKinney lost its court battles against lower income housing. There's going to be more lower income housing coming to Plano, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, etc... in the future. Exactly where it goes and how it's done can either be dictated by the courts or cities can be more proactive in planning for it.

Frankly, this is only 40 units, and it's townhomes, NOT an apartment complex, so I'd say Plano did the bare minimum to keep lower income housing advocates placated.

Old 05-22-2018, 06:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Quote:
If Plano residents are funding the bread then shouldn't we first feed thy neighbor?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

1.) What makes you think this is coming out of your pocket more than anyone else's?

2.) See everything TC80 wrote.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
:-)

Old 05-22-2018, 02:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
I'm not against affordable housing
I am.
Why does everywhere have to be affordable to all and where do you draw the line?

Old 05-22-2018, 02:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
This is exactly correct and one of the big reasons I chose WP over HP.

It all catches up to you in the end, I suppose.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:52 PM

578 posts, read 479,674 times
People need to join Plano Future. Okay?
https://www.facebook.com/SmartPlanoFuture/

Smart Plano Future
May 15 at 5:02pm ·
Tri-Fecta Complete! Envision Oakpoint follows JCPenney Headquarters and Collin Creek apartment-heavy projects on to the trash heap.

Each project called for massive high-density apartment building but May 2nd, May 7th, and last night's City Council meeting derailed all projects. The City (read Harry LaRossiliere and City Manager Bruce Glasscock) pulled the heavily promoted Envision Oakpoint when it became obvious that East Plano residents weren't fooled by the smoke and mirrors of "micro-lot housing", undetermined developer interest, and worst yet, an aggressive plan to deflect all property taxes into a Mayor-controlled "slush fund" taxing district outside the oversight of the City Council.

Thank you councilman Harrison, Ricciardelli, Smith and Kelley. The usual excuses were offered particularly citizens had spread "mis-information" but HOA's had contacted us and a very robust financial analysis was circulated along with negative articles from Chicago outlining the abuses of TIF's were critical in letting the Council know the sleight of hand inherent in the plan was apparent. Councilwoman Miner and Grady and the Mayor expressed disappointment that the plan was killed...temporarily, but look for it to rise zombie-like if they are returned to office and the Mayor successfully removes Tom Harrison through recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas