Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 06:31 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, you would.

You can't tell the difference between cement and carpeting?
Nope and you cannot read an apartment number 3 feet from you face. That is because your attention is elsewhere and you think you are in a known place. We all do it.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:32 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Right. WHAT'S UP WITH HER DRUG TEST??????
Dallas News and others are all over it. It will appear soon.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:33 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Utter nonsense RK. She goes into cop mode...opens the door with a hand next to her gun. She is now looking for a perpetrator not her surrounds. Sees a moving shadow across the room and goes for her gun...and here we are.
Now you've gotten silly. Or you're presuming that cops are extremely stupid. Or you're simply ignorant of combat.

"Looking for a perpetrator" most definitely means looking at her surrounds. That's where the perpetrators are. Anyone with any amount of combat training knows not to get tunnel-visioned on the gunsight.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:34 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I know it only takes a few days to get those results back. They should have them.
I'm sure they have them. They just aren't leaking them.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:38 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I'm sure they have them. They just aren't leaking them.
Oh, if the test came out clean, I think they would be eager to share that information.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:41 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Oh, if the test came out clean, I think they would be eager to share that information.
Indeed!

Old 09-13-2018, 06:43 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Yeah, I've been talked to rudely by the police - just in a routine traffic stop. I don't engage them in small talk at all. I don't consider cops, excuse me, POLICE OFFICERS, to be my friends and I'm a middle aged white lady.

I know a woman who went into a local police station to get some information, and left rattled. She said she couldn't believe how she was treated. This is a grandma type who at most got a couple of traffic tickets in the last 40 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope and you cannot read an apartment number 3 feet from you face. That is because your attention is elsewhere and you think you are in a known place. We all do it.
Speak for yourself, I know the difference between concrete and carpeting.

You really don't even have to look at it, you would feel it under your feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Now you've gotten silly. Or you're presuming that cops are extremely stupid. Or you're simply ignorant of combat.

"Looking for a perpetrator" most definitely means looking at her surrounds. That's where the perpetrators are. Anyone with any amount of combat training knows not to get tunnel-visioned on the gunsight.
Very silly.

Old 09-13-2018, 07:08 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Look, we all make mistakes. But we don't all kill someone in the process. No one is saying she's the devil incarnate, but if you are going to be trusted with a gun, you damn sure better know how and how not to use it.

She's had a helluva lot more training on how to use a gun responsibly than most people who have a license to carry. Someone's got some 'splainin' to do.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:08 PM

35 posts, read 30,176 times
Quote:
Well, this is a personal anecdote and I'll take it as such until you can give me some unbiased evidence to the contrary. Not discounting your personal experiences because they are what they are - just saying that what we're doing is swapping personal experiences, not "real evidence."
Oh really?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science...analysis-finds

I really had to suppress my own innate urge to ask why "I" must present evidence. Hopefully, this will suffice ... because I really don't have any further evidence if you come back with things like "PBS" and "Stanford U" are left leaning and have political agendas ...

Last edited by acrackl; 09-13-2018 at 08:24 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 08:23 PM

35 posts, read 30,176 times
Quote:
Well, this is a personal anecdote and I'll take it as such until you can give me some unbiased evidence to the contrary. Not discounting your personal experiences because they are what they are - just saying that what we're doing is swapping personal experiences, not "real evidence."
In case you want to know the odds calculated through data analysis you can try this paper - they only went through the most common of all LE/Citizen interaction "traffic stop" - This line from the conclusion is telling: "Over 649 annual observations in more than a dozen states, we show huge variability by the race of the driver, with Hispanic and black drivers searched, on average, at more than double the rate of whites."

https://www.unc.edu/~fbaum/articles/...afficStops.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas