Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 01:57 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
You must be her defense attorney. All your posts are in defense of the poor shooter. You're the only person saying that she'll beat the case.
I think she has favorable odds though I think she is clearly and beyond doubt responsible for the killing and will be civilly held liable. And the odds are that the reasonable doubt will arise and will prevent her conviction.

I also think the conspiracy stuff is absurd. It was an accident driven by the compounding of a frequent and naturally mistake.

I once opened a car and started it before I realized it was not the one I rented. Just about drove away before realizing the contract was not where I always put it and then found a couple of other discrepancies.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM

365 posts, read 499,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
I think she has favorable odds though I think she is clearly and beyond doubt responsible for the killing and will be civilly held liable. And the odds are that the reasonable doubt will arise and will prevent her conviction.

I also think the conspiracy stuff is absurd. It was an accident driven by the compounding of a frequent and naturally mistake.

I once opened a car and started it before I realized it was not the one I rented. Just about drove away before realizing the contract was not where I always put it and then found a couple of other discrepancies.
Her apartment is about 2 miles (probably less than a 10 minute drive) from her apartment. You're telling me she made no mistakes throughout her shift, on her way to her car, and on her way home? After reaching the complex, she then made back to back to back to back to back mistakes?

Last edited by Synopsis101; 09-13-2018 at 02:25 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 02:23 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
In my opinion ........ I don't think the 'official version' is going to stand up to scrutiny for much longer. There are too many holes in it from the red carpet, the self closing doors to what other witnesses heard. I think it was concocted by the police with the connivance of the DA's office to try to protect Guyger from a murder charge. The authorities are digging themselves a hole here and the longer it goes on the worse it will end for them.

Old 09-13-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Her apartment is about 2 miles (probably less than a 10 minute drive) from her apartment. You're telling me she made no mistakes throughout her shift, on her way to her car, and on her way home? After reaching the complex, she then made back to back to back to back to back mistakes?
She made a mistake. Than that mistake compounded into a disaster. Once she has picked up the brain set that she is on her floor going to her apartment the die is cast.

The only really interesting part is what happens as she gets to the door. That is tied up in varying and conflicting reports.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:01 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,442,278 times
The story keeps changing, if not for the loss of life, this would almost be a good TV detective show.
First, the cop "accidentally" goes to the wrong door, and due to the poor thing being tired after her shift at work, murders this guy.
Now, we hear reports that she actually wasn't tired/confused at all. She deliberately went up to his floor to confront him about his loud music. (who goes out to meet the neighbor armed???). Interestingly enough, this would support the neighbors who denied the idea that the guy's door was unlocked, saying they heard her clearly yelling for him to open the door.
Again, I'm no lawyer, but grabbing a gun to go have a "discussion" with the neighbor that results in shooting the guy would have to be more than manslaughter charges.

I generally support the second amendment and think people should have the right to own weapons but with concealed carry/open carry, you give everyone the right to carry weapons anywhere, then this type of thing is inevitable. Plus you cant use the argument that this is a crazy one off nut job. This is an allegedly well trained cop who should have been able to display the best judgement in a confrontational situation. So how much worse could it have been with a regular joe who is not trained to handle these situations? Just food for thought.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:04 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
[QUOTE=loves2read;53070596]She is not a "rookie"
She has 3 yrs experience and supposedly was considered good enough to qualify for a special detail to apprehend a more serious level of criminal than riding around in a patrol car might send across your path by accident...
I think her whole history sounds like someone was either giving her a special push up the chain or special protection after her shooting that earlier suspect...
She makes mistakes--that is not what gets ordinary cops rewarded...[/quote]

Yes, she sounds amazing.

She shot someone else after the suspect managed to get her taser off her.

More likely she is involved with someone higher up the chain of command. She is the perfect argument for having cops leave their guns at work when off duty.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
The story keeps changing, if not for the loss of life, this would almost be a good TV detective show.
First, the cop "accidentally" goes to the wrong door, and due to the poor thing being tired after her shift at work, murders this guy.
Now, we hear reports that she actually wasn't tired/confused at all. She deliberately went up to his floor to confront him about his loud music. (who goes out to meet the neighbor armed???). Interestingly enough, this would support the neighbors who denied the idea that the guy's door was unlocked, saying they heard her clearly yelling for him to open the door.
Again, I'm no lawyer, but grabbing a gun to go have a "discussion" with the neighbor that results in shooting the guy would have to be more than manslaughter charges.

I generally support the second amendment and think people should have the right to own weapons but with concealed carry/open carry, you give everyone the right to carry weapons anywhere, then this type of thing is inevitable. Plus you cant use the argument that this is a crazy one off nut job. This is an allegedly well trained cop who should have been able to display the best judgement in a confrontational situation. So how much worse could it have been with a regular joe who is not trained to handle these situations? Just food for thought.
The conspiracy theories make no sense. If for instance one was going to confront a neighbor one would not get out of the car on the wrong floor carrying a couple of packages.

Again the crucial piece is what happened at the door.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:06 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Nope. You are projecting your own bias and anger. What I said is true. Reality is what it is not what you want it to be.
What you said is not true. It's just your opinion that whites are more polite and cooperative to the police.

What a previous poster said IS true: black males are taught early to fear the police and cooperate with them. Their parents teach them this as a survival skill.

Anyway I have friends and a relative who knew Botham. He wasn't the type of person who would have fought with a cop or anyone else.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
She made a mistake. Than that mistake compounded into a disaster. Once she has picked up the brain set that she is on her floor going to her apartment the die is cast.

The only really interesting part is what happens as she gets to the door. That is tied up in varying and conflicting reports.
A mistake?

A mistake is locking yourself out of the house, tapping someone's bumper in the supermarket parking lot.

This goes way beyond a mistake.

She can't even get her story straight, this one had no business being a cop.

Old 09-13-2018, 03:11 PM

Quote:

You're comparing a rental car to this situation? An unfamiliar vehicle to this?

And you wouldn't have been able to drive away. While the remote may have gotten you in the car, the key wouldn't have worked in the ignition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas