Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 11:17 AM

186 posts, read 158,392 times

Advertisements

It's curious that there's an implication that many or most of these lunatic drivers are of some non-white extraction. I've noticed most of the really scary drivers I've encountered are young white girls, generally in their 20's. In several instances I've been able to get a good up close look at them, really there's no doubt in my mind about my experience. Of course I realize this only represents a fraction of a percent of drivers on the road.

There have been a few exceptions, but from what I've seen, around 98% of the dangerous lunatics in cars are the aforementioned demographic.

I'll admit I do things to shame them, nothing heavy handed, usually just looks of shock, dismay or non-middle finger hand gestures to indicate disbelief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 02:45 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
I agree with this completely. Changing over my license and license plates to Texas was the worst process of any state where I have lived.
The driver's license process was quick and easy. Their text message system at the DPS megacenters made it so much easier than waiting for hours like you normally do at the DMV.

However, the license plate process was terrible (mostly because it's in a busy county office) and it doesn't make any sense to me why you get plates before the license. I spent an entire morning waiting for my plates behind people who didn't have any of the required paperwork. When I got plates in Illinois, a worker at the front desk was checking everyone's papers to make sure they had the required documentation. Those who didn't were turned away.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
There's a political dimension to this.

Let's say you drive from Mexico and stay in the US beyond your visa. What do you do with your car? You can't register it. You make a fake paper license plate.

You also can't get insurance, which is why drivers don't get arrested for driving without a license like they do in some states.

The public seems to believe that police aren't doing their job. No, they are given orders to not enforce laws to the full extent.

That is plausible, particularly in Dallas (sanctuary city).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone Again View Post
It's curious that there's an implication that many or most of these lunatic drivers are of some non-white extraction. I've noticed most of the really scary drivers I've encountered are young white girls, generally in their 20's. In several instances I've been able to get a good up close look at them, really there's no doubt in my mind about my experience. Of course I realize this only represents a fraction of a percent of drivers on the road.

There have been a few exceptions, but from what I've seen, around 98% of the dangerous lunatics in cars are the aforementioned demographic.

I'll admit I do things to shame them, nothing heavy handed, usually just looks of shock, dismay or non-middle finger hand gestures to indicate disbelief.
Usually, the worst (most aggressive & dangerous) drivers I encounter are white men. The most annoying (poor lane discipline, driving too slow) are Hispanic or Asian (what we used to call "oriental"). The most entitled are usually white people.

As for suspected fake plates...when I've had a chance to see who's at the wheel, they are usually black or Hispanic and appear to be under 40. Not always. But usually.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:46 AM

19,790 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasurevalley92 View Post
B)

Look, I'm not Bernie Bro, but this sort of thing is why there is a legitimate argument why people feel like the top 1% game the system at the cost of the middle.

It does suck that people in the middle have to pay higher insurance rates both to protect the Corvette guy who chooses to over consumes on cars and the guy who who is uninsured but hey, thats car culture for ya.
I'm not going to waste much time arguing with you.

Your main problem here is that you state closely held feelings as declaratives/fact and you do so often. Every single point I made above was a direct refutation of a goofy comment (usually made up "facts" on your part).

Another problem is you will write something goofy and then later claim that you didn't or meant something else. Why not ease up on that - literally no one is buying.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:17 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

Your main problem here is that you state closely held feelings as declaratives/fact and you do so often. Every single point I made above was a direct refutation of a goofy comment (usually made up "facts" on your part).

Another problem is you will write something goofy and then later claim that you didn't or meant something else. Why not ease up on that - literally no one is buying.
You yourself brought up the fact that the Corvette guy drives up 10 year old Camry guy's insurance cost, no?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 PM

4,001 posts, read 3,264,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post

The problem Ed is you take everything so literally and personally and then broadly extrapolate out to what you think "People like YOU" think about certain things. Often you are wrong lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas