Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 08:29 PM

565 posts, read 559,236 times

Advertisements

My moms hospital is starting to fill back up with Covid patients (North Dallas area). She had a few interesting notes on this wave
- Getting alot of people in the 20-40 age range
- Since 90% of seniors have at least one dose there's a fraction as many in the hospital as last Winter
- The 65% of people that have been vaccinated make up only 3% of the hospitilizations and half a percent of the deaths.
- Says this variant isn't as strong. Getting alot of people that are very sick but not quite bad enough for the vent

Old 08-06-2021, 08:37 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake575 View Post
My moms hospital is starting to fill back up with Covid patients (North Dallas area). She had a few interesting notes on this wave
- Since 90% of seniors have at least one dose there's a fraction as many in the hospital as last Winter
- The 65% of people that have been vaccinated make up only 3% of the hospitilizations and half a percent of the deaths.
- Says this variant isn't as strong. Getting alot of people that are very sick but not quite bad enough for the vent
Takes more time to get to serious stage pneumonia from what I hear
So too early to make a general statement re need to vent
But also younger patients on avg so lungs may be better able to fight it off

Old 08-06-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
My comment still stands. The problem is when regular people question nothing and believe everything that the “scientists” say. They’ve been wrong the entire time. What gives them any credibility? They also covered up the fact that this virus was manmade in a lab. That was another thing that the propagandist media tried to discredit.

NYC is a precursor to what the left is trying to do nationally. That’s the point.
Spreading generalized opinions like facts — not very scientific

Old 08-06-2021, 08:51 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,099,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
My comment still stands. The problem is when regular people question nothing and believe everything that the “scientists” say. They’ve been wrong the entire time. What gives them any credibility? They also covered up the fact that this virus was manmade in a lab. That was another thing that the propagandist media tried to discredit.

NYC is a precursor to what the left is trying to do nationally. That’s the point.
1. I'm a regular person and I question EVERYTHING, especially closely held personal opinions.

2. This guy has been mostly right. See if you can find his appearance on Joe Rogan's podcast from maybe Feb. or March 2020.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/about-us/...erholm-phd-mph

3. You nor I know if CV-19 was lab derived/optimized or not. I'm suspicious but so far we have nothing approaching hard evidence let alone proof. You are right in part - the media blew the story totally.

Here's the vid......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw

Old 08-07-2021, 06:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
- The 65% of people that have been vaccinated make up only 3% of the hospitalizations and half a percent of the deaths.
- Says this variant isn't as strong. Getting a lot of people that are very sick but not quite bad enough for the vent
I hear this from every person I know who works in a hospital. The death rate, which was already low, is even lower thank goodness.

Old 08-07-2021, 04:37 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,378,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Movingeast View Post
That's really sophomoric. I've worn a mask. A lot. I *know* that it blocks air coming in and air going out. Not all of it, but an easily noticeable amount.

Masked kids will expel -- around or through the mask -- the same amount of Covid as unmasked kids, unless the kids settle for less oxygen than they need. Even in that case they'll still expel almost as much virus as an unmasked child. Kids have to continually replace the air that is behind the mask with air that contains more oxygen.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 08-07-2021 at 04:52 PM..

Old 08-07-2021, 09:00 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
600,000 Americans did not die of AIDS within the first year of its discovery.
700k over the last 40 years. No comparison - of course because AIDS is not a respiratory virus as everyone in this thread understands except for one poster

We’ll pass 700k Americans dead from Covid in less than 2 years.

Old 08-08-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
700k over the last 40 years. No comparison - of course because AIDS is not a respiratory virus as everyone in this thread understands except for one poster

We’ll pass 700k Americans dead from Covid in less than 2 years.
Voting roles in some places will show a significant drop

Old 08-08-2021, 09:56 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times
Quote:
Well considering in May the CDC stopped counting cases for people who are vaccinated unless they basically died, cause they didn't want people to know the vaccine doesn't keep anyone from getting or stopping transmission. But if unvaccinated and I sneeze I'm a case. Additionally, any sickness is a covid case now and not any other virus or bacteria.

But yes, delta is a mutated and weaker virus from the original and variants should continue to weaken to survive.

Nobody I know with natural immunity and unvaccinated (which is still a lot) has gotten sick since their initial sickness. Most of these were prior to our nation wide lockdown. The only people I know sick this past year were all vaccinated. They went out thinking they wouldn't get sick after doing nothing to strengthen their immune system and then got sick...and then some blamed on the unvaccinated. Great vaccine we got, one were it doesn't protect people from unvaccinated.

Old 08-08-2021, 10:48 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,306,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Voting roles in some places will show a significant drop
Definitely.

What started out in spring 2020 as a virus sweeping through major metro areas will end up hitting the rural US so much harder when it’s all done.

Covid to date in Texas,
Metro counties = 170 deaths per 100k pop
Rural counties = 300 deaths per 100k pop

However….back in February 2021 (downslope of winter surge + when vaccinations were rolling out), the difference was 140 per 100k metro vs 200 per 100k rural (60 per 100k variance). Now with Delta and low vaccination rates, it’s a 130 person per 100k difference.

There are state levels graphs with metro / non metro data on cdc.gov.

California has a huge difference now - what was about 10 per 100k difference in Feb 2021 is now an 80 per 100k difference.

For the total US, deaths per 100k was the same in metro / rural back in Feb 2021 at about 90 per 100k. Metro deaths actually led rural deaths through the winter. But now after vaccinations are easily available to 12+ and Delta is surging, it’s 210 per 100k for rural vs 180 per for metro.

Last edited by TurtleCreek80; 08-08-2021 at 10:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas