Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2021, 05:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
It’s obvious you don’t have kids. Especially young ones.

To me, mask = seatbelt right now.

What exactly do you think constitutes a “seatbelt” for you with kids when schools are about to open across the south with no masks, no distancing, no virtual options, etc for most of them? We’ve taken away every safety precaution that was in place for the 2020-2021 school year.

Yes, my #s are worst case scenario, hopefully, because we don’t have enough beds in children’s hospitals in the entire continent to take care of that volume of sick kids.

Something like 97% of the positive tests that are tested for strains are coming back as Delta. Sure not all tests are strain tested, but enough are to get a baseline change. Why be so skeptic of science? The cases are skyrocketing in the US the past few week after falling to just about 10k per day lows in June.

And anecdotally - I know about 30 who had Covid from the entire March 2020- June 2021. I now know about 50 people who’ve gotten Covid in the last 3 weeks (not all related people, some from work, some from school, some from friends, some in other cities from old jobs & college friends.) Several unvaccinated ones are on vents or still in hospital but off the vents now - formerly healthy, non-obese 40-somethings.
Someone in my FL area with a daughter in elementary school texted me that her daughter was exposed at the lunch table today at her elementary
Not my grandson’s but time will likely make his infected too
At her school all the physical barriers like plexiglass screens had been removed at the lunchroom tables and classrooms
(Like life was sans CoVid)
I think some educators are as nuts as Abbott and DeSantis about the danger of CoVid

My grandson has only been wearing a cloth mask
Not good enough
Searching right now for some small KN95 he can wear
And I have filters to use inside his cloth one if his mom will
I am just not sure if they will irritate his face

Trump needs to be charged with practicing medicine w/o a license and all the other shock jocks giving out their opinions as medical treatment

Old 08-11-2021, 05:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Remember when we were all patriotic in March 2020 and rallied together as a country to “flatten the curve”? This is our chance to flatten the curve for the pediatric medical community.
Yes, and it was only supposed to be for 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks, then another 2......people tend to get pissed when the goal posts shift over and over and over and over again. Pissed off people tend to give the government the finger when they ask for yet another 2 weeks or whatever the goalpost is now; it's shifted so many times I don't even know where it is anymore.

Yes, I got my vaccine, and no, I don't care about covid anymore. I'm an adult, so leave me alone.

Old 08-11-2021, 05:57 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Yes, and it was only supposed to be for 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks, then another 2......people tend to get pissed when the goal posts shift over and over and over and over again. Pissed off people tend to give the government the finger when they ask for yet another 2 weeks or whatever the goalpost is now; it's shifted so many times I don't even know where it is anymore.

Yes, I got my vaccine, and no, I don't care about covid anymore. I'm an adult, so leave me alone.
Only one moron said it would be for two weeks and that by Easter we would all have packed churches. And we didn't actually do a nationwide shut down for any real amount of time. Instead, we pulled the bandaid off as slowly and painfully as possible.

But guess what? Mother nature changes. Diseases shift.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:04 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My grandson has only been wearing a cloth mask
Not good enough
Searching right now for some small KN95 he can wear
And I have filters to use inside his cloth one if his mom will
I am just not sure if they will irritate his face
t
I just ordered KN95s for my son from Vida.com. Thousands of good reviews for kids + fun colors to choose from. My friend who is in pediatric ER at children’s highly recommended this brand - it’s what her own kids have.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:06 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Thank you for not caring one **** about my family or the tens of millions of other families who are still living at risk in this deadly pandemic.

The last 5 years have really exposed the worst in humanity. It’s downright depressing how many people don’t give a flip about anyone other than themselves.

Old 08-11-2021, 06:51 PM

115 posts, read 63,951 times
Quote:
It’s obvious you don’t have kids. Especially young ones.

To me, mask = seatbelt right now.

What exactly do you think constitutes a “seatbelt” for you with kids when schools are about to open across the south with no masks, no distancing, no virtual options, etc for most of them? We’ve taken away every safety precaution that was in place for the 2020-2021 school year.

Yes, my #s are worst case scenario, hopefully, because we don’t have enough beds in children’s hospitals in the entire continent to take care of that volume of sick kids.

Something like 97% of the positive tests that are tested for strains are coming back as Delta. Sure not all tests are strain tested, but enough are to get a baseline change. Why be so skeptic of science? The cases are skyrocketing in the US the past few week after falling to just about 10k per day lows in June.

And anecdotally - I know about 30 who had Covid from the entire March 2020- June 2021. I now know about 50 people who’ve gotten Covid in the last 3 weeks (not all related people, some from work, some from school, some from friends, some in other cities from old jobs & college friends.) Several unvaccinated ones are on vents or still in hospital but off the vents now - formerly healthy, non-obese 40-somethings.
But life is safer for children if they walk around with helmets and knee/elbowpads. Why not take it further and protect them even more? Also, it would be safer if we reduced speed limits nationwide as well.

I think their immune system will be enough of a seatbelt for them at this point. I'll take my chances with COVID now that I have the vaccine. I'm over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
And we didn't actually do a nationwide shut down for any real amount of time.
How did the nationwide shutdowns work for all those European countries? Seems like Italy, the UK, and Spain did just as poorly as we did, except they damaged their economy significantly more as well.

Quote:
Thank you for not caring one **** about my family or the tens of millions of other families who are still living at risk in this deadly pandemic.

The last 5 years have really exposed the worst in humanity. It’s downright depressing how many people don’t give a flip about anyone other than themselves.
Do you plan to mask up, lockdown, and not travel during the flu season every year? Or will you be exposing millions of people to a deadly disease just so you can get your hair cut and have brunch.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:12 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
As of July, Coppell and Sunnyvale are 85% vaccinated. Highland Park was 75%. Seems like Addison was doing okay, but can't remember the actual numbers. Hutchins, Cockrell Hill, Wilmer and Seagoville were 45%, that's ridiculous. I'm sick of the excuses, just get the darn vaccine. The entire county has to suffer because of these unvaccinated people.

Last edited by elan; 08-11-2021 at 08:23 PM..

Old 08-11-2021, 09:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
I bet you a dollar he’s “pro life.”
And I'll bet you are "My body my choice", right?

Old 08-11-2021, 09:16 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
I bet you a dollar he’s “pro life.”

What does that have to do with it. A lot of vaccinated people are fed up. I know I am.

Old 08-11-2021, 11:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:

So go live in isolation if you don’t care about others

We all hang together or we all hang separately as Franklin said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas