Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 12:39 PM

159 posts, read 93,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Maybe the builder and what school district is it in?

Probably the builder.
It's Impression Homes and the schools are Celina Elementary, Celina Middle, Celina High
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 02:40 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EonBlueSyZ View Post
It's Impression Homes and the schools are Celina Elementary, Celina Middle, Celina High
Assuming it is the Greenway development, I was thinking maybe it was the railroad tracks. But then I realized that Light Farms is even closer to the railroad tracks and that clearly hasn't affected development there.

Old 03-15-2021, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Assuming it is the Greenway development, I was thinking maybe it was the railroad tracks. But then I realized that Light Farms is even closer to the railroad tracks and that clearly hasn't affected development there.
I have been to the site and surrounding area a few times and never noticed railroad tracks?

Not saying they aren't there, just that I haven't seen them and I looked at least a mile in all directions.

Edit: Think I found it. It looks to be about a mile east of us and there are several streets worth of homes in between. Surely that's not going to be an inconvenience with noise or traffic?

Last edited by EonBlueSyZ; 03-15-2021 at 03:22 PM..

Old 03-15-2021, 06:43 PM

28 posts, read 30,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Light Farms has prosper ISD. Could that be a factor? Also Light Farms elementary is supposed to be really good.

Old 03-16-2021, 08:59 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,244,443 times
Probably a combination of having to pay MUD and not being in Prosper ISD, doesn't have any of the amenities that a place like Light Farms does, etc.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:23 AM

A few notes:

There are no MUD or PID in this development,

The railroad tracks are a mile away and do not go through this development, yet in developments where it does it apparently has not stopped people from building and buying,

I researched this builder and see very few complaints with the BBB over a multi-decade history which all seem to be the fault of the buyer, and which the builder responded to regardless,

Celina is being built up faster than any town I've lived in, and I've lived in a few master-planned communities growing up and into my 20s - so won't there be new schools cropping up? I imagine in 10 years it will be Frisco 2.0

Thinking about it, the primary driving factor for why we were able to find a lot to build on might be because they're zero lot lines - which I don't think is as much of a negative as people say. At least not for us, and we plan to stay here 8-10 ish years.

Of course, that could just be a rationalize to not have to deal with the fact I'm making a horrible financial and practical decision for my future family by building in a horrible neighborhood.

Shrug

Old 03-16-2021, 10:39 AM

28 posts, read 30,411 times
Quote:
A few notes:

There are no MUD or PID in this development,

The railroad tracks are a mile away and do not go through this development, yet in developments where it does it apparently has not stopped people from building and buying,

I researched this builder and see very few complaints with the BBB over a multi-decade history which all seem to be the fault of the buyer, and which the builder responded to regardless,

Celina is being built up faster than any town I've lived in, and I've lived in a few master-planned communities growing up and into my 20s - so won't there be new schools cropping up? I imagine in 10 years it will be Frisco 2.0

Thinking about it, the primary driving factor for why we were able to find a lot to build on might be because they're zero lot lines - which I don't think is as much of a negative as people say. At least not for us, and we plan to stay here 8-10 ish years.

Of course, that could just be a rationalize to not have to deal with the fact I'm making a horrible financial and practical decision for my future family by building in a horrible neighborhood.

Shrug
Just a side thought and probably is stupid, is there a negative side not having a PID? which you can payoff upfront I believe.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:52 AM

We know a few couples who have built in areas with no PIDs and we haven't heard anything negative.

My understanding is it's just an additional $ tax depending on where the home is.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:54 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,244,443 times
Quote:

Thinking about it, the primary driving factor for why we were able to find a lot to build on might be because they're zero lot lines -

You should have mentioned this to begin with... You can't compare this home with others in the surrounding area that have a yard. Zero-lot line homes appeal to a distinct cross-section of buyers... In my opinion, there's very little overlap between buyers willing to buy a zero lot line home and ones who are shopping in a general price range/location.

Most people around here want as much space as they can afford, inside and outside the home.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:55 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,662,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36183 View Post
Just a side thought and probably is stupid, is there a negative side not having a PID? which you can payoff upfront I believe.
No benefit to having a PID or MUD. Just means you are paying more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas