Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 03:44 PM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I assume he is looking for a young 20’s woman whose primary goal is wife / mom / homemaker vs the major cities in the northeast where it’s quite common for women to earn multiple college/grad school degrees and establish a career before pursuing marriage & family life.
Ahh. I was born in raised in DFW and I'm not traditional. While I was married quite young (granted that was a while ago), I had an established career prior to having children. I never stopped working even having two kids, and am definitely not homemaker material .

Old 07-23-2021, 03:50 PM

272 posts, read 246,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephwin View Post
Ahh. I was born in raised in DFW and I'm not traditional. While I was married quite young (granted that was a while ago), I had an established career prior to having children. I never stopped working even having two kids, and am definitely not homemaker material .
I’m not saying everyone will be, but the south in general is and I’m asking if it’s this way in Dallas.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:20 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,192,161 times
Are you concerned that you will be surrounded by too many people with traditional values or not enough of them ?

Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
Are you concerned that you will be surrounded by too many people with traditional values or not enough of them ?
I like traditional values ... that’s why I’m choosing dallas over better cities.

I want to live with link minded people

Old 07-23-2021, 05:33 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuggz View Post
I like traditional values ... that’s why I’m choosing dallas over better cities.

except that you've told that you won't be. Whatever it may have been in the past, Dallas is not a conservative city.

Try Salt Lake City perhaps, and even that isn't as conservative as people think, at least not in SLC itself. But there are conservative suburbs

Old 07-23-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
except that you've told that you won't be. Whatever it may have been in the past, Dallas is not a conservative city.

Try Salt Lake City perhaps, and even that isn't as conservative as people think, at least not in SLC itself. But there are conservative suburbs
Dallas is definitely a conservative city.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:13 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
Quote:
The people are friendlier, women prefer the traditional marriage as compared to those in the northeast?
Compared to the northeast? I'm sure.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:16 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,007,169 times
I think you will be fine in Dallas. You will find what you are looking for more than you will in the northeast. The nay sayers in this thread are hilarious to me. I think everybody is aware that Dallas (the entire country) is not the same as it was in the 80s. It is still more traditional than much of the rest of the country. People often move to Texas from other states (up north) because they want a conservative place.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:20 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,487,736 times
Quote:
I’m not saying everyone will be, but the south in general is and I’m asking if it’s this way in Dallas.
Dallas really isn’t southern. If you want that then check out Charleston, Raleigh, Savannah, Nashville, or Atlanta. It’s way different culturally here. I will say that Dallas is very Texan, and often gets voted as the big city most associated with the state, even though it’s just the 3rd largest.

It’s a mix of people with a very heavy Hispanic population. In the coming decades I believe it will be majority Hispanic, mainly Mexicans. DISD the school district that serves most of Dallas proper is only like 4 or 5 percent white non-Hispanic, and like 90% economically disadvantaged. 40% of fifth grade students have to take the state basic skills test in Spanish. Why did I bring this up? Because it shows the current direction the city and the region are headed for.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:42 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:

Dallas is probably not for you. More traditional / conservative than San Francisco? Sure. But it’s nowhere near the top of conservative values cities in 2021. Have you ever spent any significant time here?

It sounds like you would would do better in Nashville, Birmingham, or Atlanta. Especially if you’re seeking “Southern.” Dallas is absolutely NOT Southern. The South ends somewhere around Tyler, TX. Points west are not Southern.

Or you need to give up some of your “lifestyle” wish list and look in the DFW suburbs that are bright red like Colleyville, Southlake, parts of Frisco, Fairview, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas