Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 02:06 PM

5,647 posts, read 4,989,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
True. How did I forget that?

It seems like it may not be happening anytime soon, since The Fed isn’t cutting interest rates. There’s a liklhood they’ll raise them even more, based on what Jerome Powell is saying. Inflation still is a major problem.
It's kind of amusing for those of us old enough to remember the early 1980s (admittedly, I was in junior high, but you have no idea how much high inflation was a giant topic even I got exposed to) to see folks freaking out about 3.5% inflation and 7.0% mortgage rates. When I started work in 1990, I was still assuming a 5.0% inflation rate in my pro forma models.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 04:20 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,999,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalPlanner View Post
It's kind of amusing for those of us old enough to remember the early 1980s (admittedly, I was in junior high, but you have no idea how much high inflation was a giant topic even I got exposed to) to see folks freaking out about 3.5% inflation and 7.0% mortgage rates. When I started work in 1990, I was still assuming a 5.0% inflation rate in my pro forma models.
Yo! I think about the same thing when I hear older people talk or when I watch some historical documentary.

Old 04-14-2024, 04:32 PM

Posted some of this in another thread. Old to some and new to others....

I like to think of the high-rise infill as 3 clusters. Red circle on pic is North Uptown (West village) / Cityplace - with the Texas' only subway and streetcar station, Blue Circle - Turtle Creek/Oak Lawn, and the Green Circle - southern part of Uptown, Victory Park, and the Harwood District. This is where the vast majority of the high-rise development is taking place within Dallas. The picture quality isn’t the greatest (and it’s thousands of feet in the air), but it does show the high-rise infill and density that’s being built.

Just showing one project for each circle (that I’m sure was mentioned previously) to show locations

Red circle - The Central high-rise mixed-use development (I am not sure if y'all can see it clearly, but the high-rise adjacent to Cityplace Tower is the first tower in the development. It has topped out and you can kind of see the streets they've built too) — U/C
Green Circle - Bank of America Tower at Parkside Uptown (450 ft) — U/C
Blue Circle - Four Seasons Turtle Creek (464 ft) — planned
Yellow Dot - Cityplace Tower, just to show position in the skyline in the air

What all of that looks like on the ground, looking toward downtown from the West on the Hampton Rd Bridge over I-30, just outside of downtown

Yellow Dot - Cityplace Tower, just to show position in the skyline on ground level.

Last edited by Dallaz; 04-14-2024 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 04-16-2024, 08:49 AM

23Springs

2811 Maple

Hanover Turtle Creek

Old 04-17-2024, 08:16 AM

516 posts, read 455,514 times
Does anyone know the latest on the Midtown project?

Old 04-17-2024, 09:58 AM

4,637 posts, read 2,788,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTXPerson View Post
Do you mean the "Midtown" project that consists of doing something with the Valley View Mall site, the "Midtown" project of renaming the Vickery Park area so people will forget the crime rate in Five Points, or the "Midtown" project of building some apartment towers along Central Expressway between Walnut Hill and Meadow Road?

Obviously since "Uptown" (= Oak Lawn) is north of Woodall Rodgers and Downtown is south of Woodall Rodgers, the only accurate use of "Midtown" in Dallas is the traffic lanes of Woodall Rodgers freeway and the deck park. If you mean Valley View Mall, Vickery Park, or Meadow Road and Central, say "Valley View Mall", "Vickery Park", or "Meadow Road and Central".

Old 04-17-2024, 05:53 PM

684 posts, read 283,043 times
Quote:

Sadly, I think we all know the "latest" on the Midtown project. Here it is:

Yep, that's the latest. ;-)

Old 04-18-2024, 02:55 PM

13 posts, read 2,267 times
Quote:
https://candysdirt.com/2024/02/19/af...und-this-year/

Old 04-19-2024, 09:50 AM

5,647 posts, read 4,989,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Dallas1 View Post
Per the North Dallas Chamber, they expect this to be Texas' first "International District."

Umm, have they not been to southwest Houston? It's actually named the International District and has been for a long time...and furthermore lives up to it.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil capital View Post
Sadly, I think we all know the "latest" on the Midtown project. Here it is:

Yep, that's the latest. ;-)
Phahaha I was wondering where you’ve been. The response sounds about right too Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-Dallas1 View Post

This is from Oct 2023. But they said it’s suppose to be over a long period of time and they talk about the things that are moving forward. Just passed through the area…honestly it still looks the same…but I do remember them advocating for funding in this upcoming bond to start work on the International Commons — the Central Park that’s the centerpiece of the development.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?si=0PX4i...ature=youtu.be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas