Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:43 AM

341 posts, read 1,019,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
AT&T: number 10 in the Fortune 500 list -- I'll bet Houston is also angry!
Probably more signicantly is that AT&T is a DOW 30 component.
Big win for Dallas and for sure Houston or any other city in the country would love to have such an important company move it's headquarters to its location.
Obviously SA is the big loser here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:38 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,073,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassbox View Post
Sounds like aceface doesn't have a clue about what AT&T's next move is. Of course, that doesn't stop him from shooting off his ignorant mouth (I mean keyboard).
Personal attacks are a violation of the terms of service. I can disagree with your credibility by identifying your bias, but I am not insulting you personally.

In view of your biased attitude about Dallas or the DFW metro, you are not in a position to give objective advice to a stranger. And the purpose of this forum is to advise strangers. Moreover, your bias will lead you to extreme and unreasonable judgments, such as the expectation that AT&T is going to move out of Dallas soon after moving in.

Essentially, you are projecting your own hatreds onto others, and assuming others see the world as you do.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM

70 posts, read 162,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
Personal attacks are a violation of the terms of service. I can disagree with your credibility by identifying your bias, but I am not insulting you personally.

In view of your biased attitude about Dallas or the DFW metro, you are not in a position to give objective advice to a stranger. And the purpose of this forum is to advise strangers. Moreover, your bias will lead you to extreme and unreasonable judgments, such as the expectation that AT&T is going to move out of Dallas soon after moving in.

Essentially, you are projecting your own hatreds onto others, and assuming others see the world as you do.
You have proven time and time again to be much more biased than I am. So I would say you are in no position to give advice to anyone. This is no more of a personal attack to you than you telling me EXACTLY the same thing in your earlier posts.

Anyway, I bet people tuned you out months ago. I'm sure when a person sees the name aceplace they know that there is no reason to read any further - here comes another distorted, rose-tinted view from someone whose only objective seems to be to convince everyone that Dallas is some kind of utopia.

Get real. It only takes one trip to Dallas to figure out that Dallas is a perfectly awful place to live. I think it is important for the readers of this website to get a broader perspective than the distorted opinions of a few people who think drab places like Dallas actually are actually worth relocating to.

I feel sorry for those poor AT&T workers. I hope they know what the hell they're in for in this desolated, culture-less, soul-less waste land of an armpit of a town. Hope they like 40-mile traffic jams.

Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 AM

2,935 posts, read 6,721,962 times
Quote:
Get real. It only takes one trip to Dallas to figure out that Dallas is a perfectly awful place to live. I think it is important for the readers of this website to get a broader perspective than the distorted opinions of a few people who think drab places like Dallas actually are actually worth relocating to.
Yet it's the fastest growing large city in the US, now the 4th largest MSA in the country. Hmm... how does that happen if it's an awful place to life?

I think the bias, or envy, is pretty obvious here. But if more ignorant people don't move to the area, that's better for the area, so please don't change your tune.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Yet it's the fastest growing large city in the US, now the 4th largest MSA in the country. Hmm... how does that happen if it's an awful place to life?

I think the bias, or envy, is pretty obvious here. But if more ignorant people don't move to the area, that's better for the area, so please don't change your tune.
Just because DFW is growing doesn't mean that it is a good place to live. No amount of growth will ever make Dallas anything more than one of the ugliest cities in the nation or give the area any beach, mountains, or culture.

Dallas is an awful place to live. No amount of population growth (or numbers on a piece of paper) will change that.

Your bias is pretty obvious as you are taking your frustrations out on me personally. I think it speaks volumes that if you can't make rational point, you have to go after the person saying it.

Dallas is flooded with envious, ignorant people like the above poster. They can't handle the fact that they might end up being sentenced to living here forever so they get rude to people who are destined to go on to better places - which isn't really all that hard since there are few place worse than Dallas.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:19 PM

134 posts, read 1,222,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galore View Post
But American Airlines is one of the most horrible airlines with outrageous prices. Roundtrip DFW->LGA next week (short notice business) costs almost $2000. For coach in an ancient MD80 that looks as if it is falling apart any second and flight attendants that are frustrated and show their frustration with their Cruella DeVille demeanor.

I wouldn't count that horrendous airline as a great benefit. At least from San Antonio or Austin, SWA, which is infinitely better (attitude, price and equipment) than that hopefully soon to die AA, isn't neutered with an artificial restriction like we have here at DAL.
Galore, your summation of AA and its staff has me chuckling but it's oh so true. They are so greedy they get in the way of their own profits. They are too stupid to realize if flights were more reasonably priced that more passengers would patronize.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:42 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,151,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyao View Post
From Dallas Morning News:

That won’t necessarily be AT&T’s permanent home in the Dallas area, though.
“We’re continuing to evaluate our long-term real estate needs in the Dallas area,” said AT&T spokesman Walt Sharp.
My reading of this is that the permanent home will be in the Dallas area but not necessarily in the same building that it moves to initially.

Old 06-28-2008, 03:46 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,073,573 times
Quote:
Just because DFW is growing doesn't mean that it is a good place to live.
If Dallas is number one in growth that means most people think Dallas is the best place to live.

Last edited by aceplace; 06-28-2008 at 04:01 PM..

Old 06-28-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
If Dallas is number one in growth that means most people think Dallas is the best place to live.
Dream On. People only move to Dallas to work. Then once they get here and discover that there isn't anything else to do BUT work and how ugly everything is, they don't like it and wish they had never come here.

Dallas is far FAR from the best place to live. Not even YOU could really believe that it is. No one could ever say something like that with a straight face. I dare you to post that statement on other cities forums. You would be laughed off the internet.

Like I said earlier, it is those kinds of statements that give people like you absolutely no credibility.

Only someone with a distorted and delusional view of the world could say that most people think that Dallas is the best place to live. Or someone in great need of therapy or at least a sense of visual aesthetics.

Old 06-28-2008, 04:42 PM

434 posts, read 1,483,739 times
Quote:
I fail to see how anyone outside Dallas would even know or care about this. How many people knew that AT&T was based out of San Antonio anyway. That's probably the same number of people who will know that Dallas is its new temporary home.

Sounds like aceface doesn't have a clue about what AT&T's next move is. Of course, that doesn't stop him from shooting off his ignorant mouth (I mean keyboard).
If they put their name on the new texas stadium everyone will know because America will be watching on Sundays and the superbowl in 2010. Its a nice strategy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas