Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 06:14 PM

418 posts, read 1,785,266 times

Advertisements

Northpark definitely has its' fair share of high end retail. But it also has regular stores like Gap, Ann Taylor, Nine West, etc. I think the "regular people" as you called them (lol) just skip on by Gucci and go to the Gap.

And yes, Dallas is very trendy and image-oriented. Of course, you will find people that could care less about all that stuff, but you will also see your fair share of tanned blondes with giant bosoms, wearing head to toe designer clothing. I think that's just the way it is in a big city, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,069,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khfar View Post
And yes, Dallas is very trendy and image-oriented. Of course, you will find people that could care less about all that stuff, but you will also see your fair share of tanned blondes with giant bosoms, wearing head to toe designer clothing. I think that's just the way it is in a big city, though.
Absolutely. Dallas will have a lot more glamour and glitz than a smaller metro.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:34 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Victory in Downtown Dallas is the newest 'hot-spot for hot-shots'...

Old 04-30-2007, 06:20 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Socketz, I've wondered the same thing. I've only been to that mall once. It's okay. I LOVE NorthPark and Firewheel.

As for who shops at these places? Not only is the Dallas metro area home to many large companies we also have several major sports franchises. I've heard it over and over so many times. Players that get picked by a Dallas team come dragging their wife/girlfriend and they end up staying here even after a trade somewhere else or retirement. Or they move back to make this their permanent home after being sent somewhere else. There is a LOT of money in Dallas. Yes, shopping at the high end stores and finding great buys on merchandise of a higher quality is very easy around here.

If you wonder who is shopping at these stores then try and figure who is buying these houses: on realtor.com for Dallas, Texas put the highest figures in and see the homes that pop up. OMYGOSH, stunning.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:07 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times
I know. There are some amazing homes here. My friend lives in Fairview and was showing me some in his area on Google Maps (Satellite).

12,000 sq/ft on 5 acres. Hey, that's what I thought I'd be able to buy when I moved out her ;-) Homes cost a little more than I had thought.

The ones across from me in Willow Bend Lakes aren't too shabby either....a couple of the Cowboys live over there. I see them jogging.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM

4 posts, read 15,677 times
The store/mall owners do not want all of the rich ppl flying to Paris or Beverly Hills to buy their clothes. SO they have to have The Galleria & N. Park to cater to the RICHES!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:27 PM

179 posts, read 119,969 times
I don't know how Willowbend stays open either. It's just too much. Willowbend has many of the same stores as Northpark and Galleria, with the exception of Armani, Hugo Boss, and Dolce & Gabbana.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:58 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,441,550 times
I believe that Armani and Hugo Boss have both closed. D&G is barely hanging on. Working in retail we can't believe that stores are still there at Willow Bend. The big department stores consistently boast the LOWEST sales per Sq. Ft. in their chains. The macy's there has had to take associates off of commission because they weren't making anything. Instead of Making a second northpark all they did was create a second prestonwood.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:12 AM

43 posts, read 169,939 times
I personally think that Willow Bend is suffering from poor design. It is so painful to shop there.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:54 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times
The food court there (actual places to eat) leaves something to be desired as well.

The little kids play area is excellent though.....packed every day.

There is a toy store next to it, which you think would be a boost, but it is the worst toy store I've seen. Looks like it belongs on a street market in downtown.

Agree. The design is poor. Could be fixed though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: