Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 02:53 PM

583 posts, read 2,634,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
My kid[s] (boy is in Pre-K, so he will go to Apple Creek in Frisco) will go to Wilmeth as well. The school itself is attached to our community, so I'll probably walk them to school everyday. Keep in touch. Your in Ridgecrest correct ?
I am in Ridgecrest. Look forward to meeting you and your wife at the PTA. It will be nice to finally put a face on someone. We (our 4th grader needed lots of encouraging!) are all finally exciting about getting to Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I get what you are saying. The areas of Houston I am talking about are new suburbs (the size of McKinney and Frisco, etc.).
I think the largest planned community in the US is in Houston right ? Woodlands ? Stonebridge is #2.

Old 05-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyogi View Post
I am in Ridgecrest. Look forward to meeting you and your wife at the PTA. It will be nice to finally put a face on someone. We (our 4th grader needed lots of encouraging!) are all finally exciting about getting to Texas.

Boy/girl ? My girl is 6, 1st grade. Boy is 4.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:41 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
I think the largest planned community in the US is in Houston right ? Woodlands ? Stonebridge is #2.
Yeah, the Woodlands is the largest, and now wants to become its own city. It has a population of about 75,000.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Looks great:
http://www.thewoodlands.com/#moviestop

A friend of mine from the Navy that I connected with after many years lives there and loves it.

I imagine that incorporating and becoming its own city is something any large master planned community can do once their commercial districts are developed.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:00 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
And the Woodlands sure does have a nicely developed commercial center:

Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Wow. I can see why it needs to be its own city. Seems that it skipped community and went right for city.

So it is roughly 5 times the size of Stonebridge, which makes it roughly about the size of Mckinney, which is large already when compared to other cities in North Texas.

That's a big 'community'.

Old 05-21-2007, 06:41 AM

9 posts, read 29,808 times
We are still looking at Mckinney. We like Prosper and Fairview too. We want a home w/ trees and a big backyard. The homes I seem to like are way above my price range though)

Old 05-21-2007, 01:12 PM

27 posts, read 101,879 times
My wife and I have lived in Ridgecrest in McKinney for 6 months and have lived in McKinney for almost 5 years. If you are looking for a suburb in DFW just check out McKinney and that should complete your search. It's really only drawback is the distance from Dallas and Ft. Worth, but we view that as a positive. We both are not big fans of the city and like the slower pace in McKinney.

McKinney has tons of natural trees and hills. Frisco is almost completely flat by comparison and it seems mostly devoid of trees as well. Lots of water with plenty of lakes/ponds/creeks.

I think the most exciting part about McKinney is the fact that the best is yet to come. Lots of newer neighborhoods (Tucker Hill), shopping centers (Bridge Street, Adraitca), roads (121 completion, Hwy 75 expansion) and the re-vitalization of downtown. It just keeps getting better and better!

I'm a huge McKinney fan and have purchased 2 homes here. If anyone has questions please feel free to PM me.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminata View Post
We are still looking at Mckinney. We like Prosper and Fairview too. We want a home w/ trees and a big backyard. The homes I seem to like are way above my price range though)
Prosper is expensive already. It's like the developers/builders started out high in an effort to keep anyone low income out. They also provide a little more land out there.

You can get into fairview in the low to mid 300s. Make sure you pick Lovejoy ISD as that ISD helps resale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas