Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 06:06 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times

Advertisements

Got my fix after work today!

The drive to Allen from Richardson at rush hour was much longer than the wait for our food. The sheer number of staff and the speed at which they move was amazing. I was disappointed in the mediumish dining room, I was hoping for a really large In'n'Out like the one I used to go to near UCI.

My cheeseburger w/ onion and his double-double with same were YUMMMY!!!!

I even ordered the fries and they didn't seem as bad as I remember. I don't think they've changed, maybe I'm just becoming more tolerant to sub-par fries.

We really enjoyed it ( but we did hit up Mariana's Taco Shop in Frisco first - last weekend).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 06:40 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Got my fix after work today!

The drive to Allen from Richardson at rush hour was much longer than the wait for our food. The sheer number of staff and the speed at which they move was amazing. I was disappointed in the mediumish dining room, I was hoping for a really large In'n'Out like the one I used to go to near UCI.

My cheeseburger w/ onion and his double-double with same were YUMMMY!!!!

I even ordered the fries and they didn't seem as bad as I remember. I don't think they've changed, maybe I'm just becoming more tolerant to sub-par fries.

We really enjoyed it ( but we did hit up Mariana's Taco Shop in Frisco first - last weekend).
I have noticed the frisco location is a bit small. Isn't the UCI location kind of their corporate location since the HQ is in Irvine now?
I stayed a week at UCI before my senior year in HS for this totally geeky "yearbook camp" thing and we were supposed to eat at the UCI cafeteria. One of my friends had her car and didn't have to surrender her keys to a chaperone(like everyone else did) and we snuck out and had in n out multiple times that week! It was great fun.

Yes, I was a drumline and yearbook geek.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:24 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Are you carving out the Garland location

I'm craving some as well. I told my middle schooler that I'd go get it for her tomorrow and bring it to school for her. Her immediate response, "a single w/ cheese, sauce and pickles, fries and a chocolate shake. OH! And a hat." I made it from the Allen location to Garland HS two weeks ago in about 15 minutes....... I don't think I was speeding, it was important, right

uh, that's my country twang there missy.....

Old 05-27-2011, 07:39 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,496,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I have noticed the frisco location is a bit small. Isn't the UCI location kind of their corporate location since the HQ is in Irvine now?
I stayed a week at UCI before my senior year in HS for this totally geeky "yearbook camp" thing and we were supposed to eat at the UCI cafeteria. One of my friends had her car and didn't have to surrender her keys to a chaperone(like everyone else did) and we snuck out and had in n out multiple times that week! It was great fun.

Yes, I was a drumline and yearbook geek.
I worked in Irvine and probably ate at that place at least once a month for 3 years.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:31 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,556,121 times
Went yesterday to the Allen location. It was good, but didn't knock my socks off. Then again, I'm pregnant and eating everything is a challenge, so you can easily disregard my opinion.

At 11:45, we waited 5 minutes to place an order and 10 minutes to get our food. Not bad. Seating is an issue, but oh well.

Getting into the parking lot around the drive thru line ()crazy long) was kind of confusing, FYI.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:20 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,436,673 times
I just ate at Village Burger Bar about 20 mins ago and it was DELICIOUS! Definitely not In-N-Out prices but it looks like this thread has kind of turned into a burger connoisseur thread :P

Old 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Village burger is good

I went to the Allen location today to get lunch for the middle schooler. Got in the drive thru line (double lines today) at about 11:15 and was out of there in 20 minutes. You should have heard all of the, "IN-N-OUT!!!!!!" I heard today when I went into the school w/ that. One kid and a teacher both asked me if it was as good as what people say. My answer was, "For fast food, yes." Told them we have had them a gazillion times before when in California, Nevada, AZ. This was just a special treat for the kids near the end of the school year.

BTW, has anyone bought one of the t-shirts? What do you think of the picture on the back of it?

I was okay w/ the distressed Texas flag
But they could have skipped on the typical out of state stereotype of desert mountains, cactus and cowboys on horseback. Even a horse in the drive thru line. REALLY!?!?!??!

Old 05-27-2011, 04:30 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
Quote:
Village burger is good

I went to the Allen location today to get lunch for the middle schooler. Got in the drive thru line (double lines today) at about 11:15 and was out of there in 20 minutes. You should have heard all of the, "IN-N-OUT!!!!!!" I heard today when I went into the school w/ that. One kid and a teacher both asked me if it was as good as what people say. My answer was, "For fast food, yes." Told them we have had them a gazillion times before when in California, Nevada, AZ. This was just a special treat for the kids near the end of the school year.

BTW, has anyone bought one of the t-shirts? What do you think of the picture on the back of it?

But they could have skipped on the typical out of state stereotype of desert mountains, cactus and cowboys on horseback. Even a horse in the drive thru line. REALLY!?!?!??!
I bought a shirt. The first in n out shirt I've ever purchased, too. It's neat. Very stereotypical TX buy I don't care. I'm a Californian.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:47 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times
I think we need to hold an intervention.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:07 PM

56 posts, read 87,313 times
Quote:

In n' Out shirts are lame with those huge cheesy pics on the back. They do sell a cooler t-shirt with just a simple In n' Out logo on the front (black shirt with white logo) online, dunno about the stores.

But regarding the cowboy scene on the TX shirts... well, what else could they have put on there that would have represented TX? An oil rig? A strip mall? This state isn't exactly overflowing with iconic locations/landmarks (e.g. Golden Gate bridge, Pacific ocean/beach, Hollywood sign, Yosemite/Sierra Nevadas, etc.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas