Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 08:05 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,439,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haute Mom View Post
i hate to be the downer, but we live in frisco and went to in-n-out today for the first time (15 min through drive-thru at 1:30). i really didn't taste anything spectacular. :/ steak and shake and freddy's are just as good. the french fries did taste fresh, but i prefer skinny little fries! i think people just totally hype it up and it's more of a fad (if food can be a fad.) i am not saying we won't ever go back, but it was nothing to write home about! i'm ready for the backlash.....
Food can be one of the biggest fads
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 08:13 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,618,662 times
I think that maybe part of the appeal of In-N-Out is their simple menu. You don't have people waiting in line in front of you trying to decide between 10 different kinds of burgers as well as various types of chicken, salad, wraps, fish, tacos, or whatever. When you want a good burger, you know where to go. Not too many decisions to make, since most people know how they like their burger.

When Chili's first opened in Dallas, I lived 3 blocks from their very first and only restaurant. Unless you went at about 3 in the afternoon, there was always a line out the door. And their menu was short and sweet. Everything was excellent. Many of their restaurants have their original yellow menu as a big poster on their walls these days. Chili's was my favorite restaurant back then. Still not bad, but I never see long lines any more.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,890,363 times
Went to the Allen location last week one weekday just before lunch. Got in the drive thru line (inside looked shorter), ordered 10 double-doubles and 10 fries, paid, got my food and pulled out of the parking lot in 20 minutes flat. Delivered 2 of them to the high school for my daughter and her friend for their lunch (they were the talk of the school having In-N-Out delivered to them for lunch, lol) and then took the rest to the office for the employees. Mmmmmm, YUM! Of course I probably broke all kinds of speed limits to get them all back in time for everyone to eat them all still nice and warm

Dang, now I'm craving it again. I might just wait till I'll be in California in 2 weeks. I'll do a side by side taste test w/ In-N-Out and Fat Burger then Might wash it all down w/ some Roscoe's. Chicken and waffles that is.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:39 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
Well hello Mom- nice to see you on here again.

Heard anything about the Garland one yet?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,534,593 times
We spoke with on of the managers at the Allen location and they said there was some type of issue with the city and the property and that is what is hanging up the process.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
Well hello Mom- nice to see you on here again.

Heard anything about the Garland one yet?

Thanks. Not really hanging around here much. Been very busy lately and still not very keen on the way things were handled and have a bitter taste in my mouth towards a few (none of the normal reg posters on here though , minues one or two )

I have not heard anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post
We spoke with on of the managers at the Allen location and they said there was some type of issue with the city and the property and that is what is hanging up the process.
Last I heard from our city councilman was that all permits were approved and all they had to do was start building. He said they might be only building a few at a time and when the crews finish one site they move to the next. Guess I could ask someone "in the know" but I usually don't bother if it's not business

Old 05-25-2011, 12:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,300,151 times
Glad to see you back momof2...I've missed you!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:25 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,172,928 times
Hi mom! Yeah my niece in CA is a bit irritated that we are getting these and Trader Joe's - she wanted to keep them there so they are special when I visit!

Sort of burger related -- are you going to The Forest Lane Reunion? On Friday June the 3rd - the night before - we Wildcats are gonna have another Keller's Rally. I think there may be 'others' there!

Old 05-25-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Glad to see you back momof2...I've missed you!
Thanks
Been SWAMPED busy lately and it's not getting any better any time soon. LOL! Email me

Old 05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Hi mom! Yeah my niece in CA is a bit irritated that we are getting these and Trader Joe's - she wanted to keep them there so they are special when I visit!

Sort of burger related -- are you going to The Forest Lane Reunion? On Friday June the 3rd - the night before - we Wildcats are gonna have another Keller's Rally. I think there may be 'others' there!
We were SO going to go to Forest on Saturday night. Now we have THREE graduation parties for that day and one we will be at late. Totally bummed about it Might be able to make it on Friday night to Keller's though.
Wonder if the organizers also realized that is the same weekend as Super Chevy down in Ennis...... that is kind of a "big deal" for a lot of car folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas