Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachP07 View Post
I know the group that this young man ran with. In fact, one of his best friends is a protogee of mine that I have been working very hard to get him OUT of the life that these kids are leading.... This is the second one of his friends to be brutally murdered, "justified," or not.

There is going to be a natural divide by those with simple minds, but we must look at this situation under a better microscope and we will see that this is not a black/white problem. It's a SOCIETY problem!

The "Gangster" fascade has taken over the youth of our society, especially within the black and hispanic communities. With the prevalance of absent fathers, these young men and women have no guidance and direction and instead rely on one another for approval. Add to the fact that the music promotes violence, disrepect of women, and other criminal and immoral acts and it's no wonder that we've got a class of "middle class gangsters" getting caught up in this type of mess.

These kids aren't coming out of the ghettos....they're coming out of neighborhoods with middle-upper class families...with both parents...and real nice lives. Yet, and still, these young men and women are drawn to the lure of being "hard" and "gangsta" because it has replaced being "cool," and "smart." Rather than take advantage of the opportunities that are available to them, they CHOOSE to live the life of someone who doesn't know any better....

This is the fault of the parents, as much as it is anything else. Gangsters aren't bred in the suburbs, they're manufactured.
Its puzzling "What do you do?” These kids idolize people like Lil Wayne and TI. As you mention these kids are raised in strong households but it’s only so much a parent can do. This absolutely goes beyond a parenting issue. African Americans parents actually are some of the stricter parents. I have gotten whooped with a belt a few times in my life by a 5ft tall women and I’m 6ft 1 and still scared of mother. "Yes" I am one of the few that blames the state of the America’s youth on the RAP game. They don't encourage the American youth to strive to be the best but the direct opposite "Live gutter lives". It’s so institutionalize now (rap) that it’s not much you can do but pray and encourage that your kid makes the right decision but it’s not a guarantee. You can't make a grown man change he has to want better for himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 04:37 PM

656 posts, read 1,356,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Sure people believe everything the government and these institutions tell you. Regardless the only person that actually pulled a trigger was the cop and we will never actually know the truth. Police officers are not innocent by any stretch of the imaginary. All of them are above the law. I know individuals that have got arrested and got released as soon as they stepped foot in the police department because a cop knew them. Ever wonder why when a cop kid get in trouble with fines, tickets, and misdemeanors it never seem to show up on there records. Daddy Cop gets that stuff erased off his little angel’s record because he is above the law. Cops don't have to answer to anyone.

I know plenty of cop's kids who have records my friend. Yeah sure sometimes they do catch a break for some stupid misdeam, and the cop knows his father, say a underage drinking or some minor screw up.

And of course there are going to be bad cops out there, just like there are bad investors, lawyers, judges, nurses, doctors. The world isn't perfect my friend.

And some individuals get released by cop's because they are being used for other things, you ever heard of informants......

Old 04-23-2010, 01:42 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,539,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Police officers are not innocent by any stretch of the imaginary. All of them are above the law.
No . . . not ALL. I've met some goods cops that are not above the law. Cops that would testify against their "brothers in blue" because right is right and wrong is wrong.

All cops have the potential to live above the law. And all clerks and tellers have the potential to pocket money. And all students have the potential to cheat. But not ALL do it.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM

2 posts, read 3,110 times
yall dont know tae he was a good student he did listen and i was their i seen it all he was my friend a dear close friend he didnt have the gun on him the officer didnt tell anyone that he was a police he isnt a idiot he went to school everyday he love his friends he was passing all classes he always made everyone laugh he was good in everything he didnt deserve this at all and that police is in the wrong because he shot to kill not to defend his self he was wrong all tha way tae was trying to pull his pants up hello he was sagging but dont judge him because he was black and they(news people)he had a gun this is dead wrong and so are you people thats talking so wrong about him and he's dead what if it was your friend,or family member what would you do how do you think his mother feel...seeing her son laying there???exactly so get your facts right before you judge on someone that was good in life...and what was so messed up he was only 18 for 9days think bout this...its wrong and out of line...i have such hatred against every law enforcer in this world for this JUDGE THAT!!!

-De'Shoniq abbit..R.I.P CLEVONTA REYNOLDS

Old 04-23-2010, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,110 times
i was there and you dont believe everything the police,news or anyone say i saw what happen and he didnt have to shoot him 6times

Old 04-23-2010, 05:49 PM

86 posts, read 119,260 times
I am no cop sympathizer. Per income, I am certain cops have the lowest IQ. And emotional issues out the wazoo. I know. I work with cops. It doesn't matter if Reynolds is a good kid or a thug. By the stories being told on all sides, Reynolds made bad choices and bad choices end with bad results.

Suicide by cop. Even if that wasn't Reynolds conscience intention. Reynolds caused his own death with his own actions. Baez was just doing his job.

Sometimes bad things happen with no bad guy in sight, just bad circumstances.

My heart goes out to both the Reynolds and the Baez families. I'm sure both are going through hell tonight.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:11 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGKIDD View Post
yall dont know tae he was a good student he did listen and i was their i seen it all he was my friend a dear close friend he didnt have the gun on him the officer didnt tell anyone that he was a police he isnt a idiot he went to school everyday he love his friends he was passing all classes he always made everyone laugh he was good in everything he didnt deserve this at all and that police is in the wrong because he shot to kill not to defend his self he was wrong all tha way tae was trying to pull his pants up hello he was sagging but dont judge him because he was black and they(news people)he had a gun this is dead wrong and so are you people thats talking so wrong about him and he's dead what if it was your friend,or family member what would you do how do you think his mother feel...seeing her son laying there???exactly so get your facts right before you judge on someone that was good in life...and what was so messed up he was only 18 for 9days think bout this...its wrong and out of line...i have such hatred against every law enforcer in this world for this JUDGE THAT!!!

-De'Shoniq abbit..R.I.P CLEVONTA REYNOLDS
What the hell did you say?

Try some punctuation some time.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:22 PM

264 posts, read 625,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGKIDD View Post
i was there and you dont believe everything the police,news or anyone say i saw what happen and he didnt have to shoot him 6times
So you were involved in the gang fight?

Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
What the hell did you say?

Try some punctuation some time.
You beat me to it. I was about to ask for the English translation. I'm sure there is a point in there somewhere.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:22 PM

648 posts, read 1,619,087 times
Why are there people blaming the officer for this? People have already made what I was thinking clear, so I will just say something else I am thinking... some of you Americans are spoiled. Police officers here are angels compared to Russian police. Quit playing victim every time you get pulled over and quit defending this loser. In Russia, you would not even dare to talk back to a police officer. You should be thanking the police here that they do not beat you senseless when they pull you over. I am sick and tired of all of these sob stories people make up in America, feeling bad for themselves, acting as if police are people you should fear here. NO, Russian police you should fear, they are above the law, they are trained to do whatever they want. And to be honest, I believe in stricter policing. Criminals do need a little sense beat into them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4UuQ...eature=related

Last edited by RussianIvanov; 04-25-2010 at 06:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas