Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:55 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeweeaz View Post
Elizamary,
You told Delly you had wished you had been in DE during the sixties. You were probably in the fourth grade.
Yeah right Peewee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
The sixties? I don't think I remember the sixties.

Charley
I think that's the era when women were given the right to vote!

Old 11-08-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
I think that's the era when women were given the right to vote!
Hum.........I thought it was before that

Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM

903 posts, read 3,506,126 times
Hey gang, be nice! There's young pups readin' this forum!

Now, the sixties? My generation... as I was BORN in March 1960. And looking back, my mother must have been a renegade, as she was no June Cleaver "stay at home in her high heels and apron" kind of mom. As far back as I can remember, mom was employed.

Gotta love the old folks though... dad saw Joe Biden at the Amtrak station yesterday and just about yelled it out into the terminal! :embarrassed: This from the man that chatted up Richard Petty at the polls a few years back like they were old buddies!

Delly, was it THAT recent??? I do remember growing up in Va Beach and experiencing cross town school bussing, race riots in middle school, and having a "colored lady" babysit us. Sadly, you still see bias and race issues just as strong as 40+ years ago!

Boy, do I feel old now...

Mary

Old 11-08-2007, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post

Now, the sixties? My generation... as I was BORN in March 1960. And looking back, my mother must have been a renegade, as she was no June Cleaver "stay at home in her high heels and apron" kind of mom. As far back as I can remember, mom was employed.

Gotta love the old folks though... dad saw Joe Biden at the Amtrak station yesterday and just about yelled it out into the terminal! :embarrassed: This from the man that chatted up Richard Petty at the polls a few years back like they were old buddies!

Delly, was it THAT recent??? I do remember growing up in Va Beach and experiencing cross town school bussing, race riots in middle school, and having a "colored lady" babysit us. Sadly, you still see bias and race issues just as strong as 40+ years ago!

Boy, do I feel old now...

Mary

haha.........you think you feel old imagine how I feel

Old 11-08-2007, 04:30 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post

Charley

Well, Charley, as the saying goes.....You musta been there!!

I was drivin' along today and heard a rattle noise in my car. I fixed it like I usually do...I cranked up the radio!!

I was reminded of something really great about Delaware....George Thorogood and the Delaware Destroyers!!! 1 Bourbon 1 Scotch 1 Beer...I had to turn it up a bit louder.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post

Delly, was it THAT recent???
Mary
No, it was Not that recent. That was a tongue in cheek remark to PeeweeAz.....Kind of a joke that no young people got! Sorry for the confusion.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
No, it was Not that recent. That was a tongue in cheek remark to PeeweeAz.....Kind of a joke that no young people got! Sorry for the confusion.

Hum..........I'm not that young and I didn't get it. What was it anyway

Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM

903 posts, read 3,506,126 times
Of the regular posters, I think I am on the younger side (at 47), and I got it Delly. But maybe because I am one of those darn "feminist" females (according to my father) that KNOW that women were the last "species" to be given the right to vote. So yeah, I got the joke.

You gotta forgive elizamary... her memory just does not serve her properly sometimes. Maybe we'll get her to "accidently" pick up the next group lunch tab! Something was mentioned on the "Newark" thread about her being happy all the time... and she contradicted that one. May be the red in her hair! I should know about that as my own mom is/was a red head back in her hey day!

To get back to the topic of this thread... elizamary, think pilgrims and Indians... maybe the Mayflower... and how all your gang will be in for Thanksgiving dinner! My crew is coming up from NC, so we'll have to trade recipes quick!

Mary

Old 11-09-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hum..........I'm not that young and I didn't get it. What was it anyway
Well, I was wrong it was Charlie who said this:
Originally Posted by CMTAD

Charley

And then Delly said this:
"I think that's the era when women were given the right to vote!"

(just joking)

But I don't get the part about "young pups reading this forum"....

But, this has become confusing enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware