Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times

Advertisements

eliza, I think Delly was being facetious about women getting the right to vote in the 60s rather than in 1920.

I could reply, "Yeah. Women could vote in the 60s, but it was tough counting votes that were scratched into cave walls".

Either way, it's almost unbelievable to think that my own grandmothers didn't have the constitutional right to vote until they were adults. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 07:21 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,003,349 times
Whoops....cross posted. Sorry, Delly.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
MaryCh........Such as young thing, you are
I remember thinking I was old when I was in my 40's........What a misconception! I was on the threshold of my career, torn off my apron, married off the kids, and hubby and I are living happily ever after!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:35 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,673,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryCh View Post
You gotta forgive elizamary... her memory just does not serve her properly sometimes. Maybe we'll get her to "accidently" pick up the next group lunch tab! Something was mentioned on the "Newark" thread about her being happy all the time... and she contradicted that one. May be the red in her hair! I should know about that as my own mom is/was a red head back in her hey day!

To get back to the topic of this thread... elizamary, think pilgrims and Indians... maybe the Mayflower... and how all your gang will be in for Thanksgiving dinner! My crew is coming up from NC, so we'll have to trade recipes quick!

Mary

Mary......You are so right about my memory but when it comes to money.......hahah.........I know every dime LOL........

BTW........as we speak, I have dk brown dye in my hair. My natural shade is auburn but I always leaned toward the dk brown.
Used to be jet black but I have toned it down a bit through the years.

Yeah, all my gan will be here for thanksgiving and I'm so happy about that.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
eliza, I think Delly was being facetious about women getting the right to vote in the 60s rather than in 1920.

I could reply, "Yeah. Women could vote in the 60s, but it was tough counting votes that were scratched into cave walls".

Either way, it's almost unbelievable to think that my own grandmothers didn't have the constitutional right to vote until they were adults. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I know Rockky...........I like to act dumb at times
I was around in the 60's and earned my right to vote as well.
There was one problem Rockky.......My carving on the cave walls was always hard to read.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delly View Post
Well, I was wrong it was Charlie who said this:
Originally Posted by CMTAD
The sixties? I don't think I remember the sixties.

Charley

And then Delly said this:
"I think that's the era when women were given the right to vote!"

(just joking)

But I don't get the part about "young pups reading this forum"....

But, this has become confusing enough!
Hum........You didn't get the part about young pups??? What exactly didn't you get?
now I'm really confused.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM

Quote:
MaryCh........Such as young thing, you are
I remember thinking I was old when I was in my 40's........What a misconception! I was on the threshold of my career, torn off my apron, married off the kids, and hubby and I are living happily ever after!
My 40's were really good years. Once I crossed over into the 50"s, It was down hill all the way.
I'm serious, it was a battle with the weight, more sagging... I mean it was awful not to mention mood swings. But then you kind of get used it. It's either that or kill yourself.
I read the book silent passage and it was wonderful. I would recomment to anyone in that age bracket.

Grow old gracefully is my motto.
Now I'm working on my legacy.

Now stop that laughing folks

Old 11-09-2007, 03:10 PM

199 posts, read 938,508 times
Mary,
You're still a kid. My daughter is almost your age!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post
Hum........You didn't get the part about young pups??? What exactly didn't you get?
now I'm really confused.
I'm taking care of my confusion and having a big glass of wine!! Nothing will be confusing when I get to the bottom of that glass, because I will have dozed off!

Old 11-10-2007, 10:05 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
Quote:
I'm taking care of my confusion and having a big glass of wine!! Nothing will be confusing when I get to the bottom of that glass, because I will have dozed off!
Sounds like a plan to me

Charley
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware