Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 12:21 PM

25 posts, read 99,081 times

Advertisements

I am starting the process of researching southern Delaware for a community home. I am hesitant to purchase a new build. Is there anywhere to look for resales of Shchell or Insight homes. I would like to see how the sales are. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 09:33 AM

23 posts, read 52,060 times
Default From Insight Homes Facebook Reviews

Copied and Pasted directly from Insight Homes Facebook Page.

"I would not recommend your "Super Homes " to my worst enemy, especially anyone who saves hard earned money to build a new house! I have been almost egnord since the house was built. I'm still waiting for your call."

See for yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/InsightHomes/reviews/

Old 10-14-2016, 09:59 AM

Default Copied and Pasted Directly From Insight's Facebook

See For Yourself:
https://www.facebook.com/InsightHomes/reviews/

Quote:
Darlene Baratto reviewed Insight Homes — 1 star
April 10, 2015 ·
My, oh, my..I don't know where to start! The fact that there are so many people who are happy with their homes aggravates me more that Insight is not willing to correct an issue that ultimately would cost them peanuts to satisfy us. The walls in our Whatley model had waves in them. I am not talking about a popped nail or a separation of tape, I am talking both sides of our hallway, all 11 feet of it. Their drywallers came and skimmed the wall, but they will not prime and repaint.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-18-2017 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: Instead of copying and pasting a whole block of words, please just post a smidgen and a link.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:44 AM

And more unhappy customers. If you thought all of these complaints would be heard by Insight and changes would inevitably be made, you do not know this company at all. What a mess they are... so sad.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Stuart Smith reviewed Insight Homes — 2 star
December 30, 2016 at 12:58pm ·
We moved into our new home in August, 2016. Prior to moving in, there were many issues. Two inspectors later (hired by us personally) we are finding that there are still issues that need to be resolved. We are hopeful that Insight will step up to the plate and do what is right and fair, but we will see.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:46 AM

Yet another unhappy Insight customer:

https://www.facebook.com/larry.hall....070494644286:0

Larry Hall reviewed Insight Homes — 1 star
December 20, 2016 at 11:08am ·
Well I can't get an answer on the phone so lets try it this way, so everybody can see. Its been 2 weeks and still no follow up on some warranty repairs. I call the office and I am told that I will get a phone call that day. No call. I call the next day and I am told that I need to email now, because nobody can call me back. The customer service after the sale sucks.

Old 01-15-2017, 06:03 PM

204 posts, read 181,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMcGlynn View Post
And more unhappy customers. If you thought all of these complaints would be heard by Insight and changes would inevitably be made, you do not know this company at all. What a mess they are... so sad.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...bstory_index=0

Stuart Smith reviewed Insight Homes — 2 star
December 30, 2016 at 12:58pm ·
We moved into our new home in August, 2016. Prior to moving in, there were many issues. Two inspectors later (hired by us personally) we are finding that there are still issues that need to be resolved. We are hopeful that Insight will step up to the plate and do what is right and fair, but we will see.
First off full disclosure I have been a lurker on this board but only since a 2016 retirement have we considered a move to Delaware.

My experience with any home from any builder there has always been a punch list.
Heck I'm still finding issues with my last condo as we ready it for resale and expect the next buyer will have
their own list of grievances and gripes with my work.

Insight, like most builders, will use different subcontractors. Even in the same development the fellow
who did the floor in house A may not be the same person or even company doing the floor in house B.
Consistence will be an issue.
Times that by ALL the different subsystems, finishes and specialties and its surprising that any project manager
can keep it all straight.

A drip of paint, excess glue, a bent nail and suddenly your $300,000 dollar investment is ALL LOST because
of SHODDY work. Oh The Infamy..... 2 Stars and "We Will See", gee that sounds ominous.
From the tone of the complaints it sounds like Mr Smith & Hall could be missing walls and roofs.

I'm not saying that mistakes and even intentional slipshod work can't happen but document it, repair it, and by all means take the subcontractor to small claims court if you have to.

So before paying any mind to the Facebook keyboard warriors, please
Let the blog know what development you bought in, the issue maybe including a picture and the cost to fix.

I on the other hand, looked at recent closings for Insight and Other builders on Zillow & Trulia.
For the developments I'm interested in I will be talking to other buyers and find out the real story.

In looking at three homes that are Not for sale all have been quite pleased with their choice and that was Insight.

Old 01-15-2017, 07:39 PM

242 posts, read 231,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
First off full disclosure I have been a lurker on this board but only since a 2016 retirement have we considered a move to Delaware.

My husband and I searched for close to 6 years before building with Insight Homes. We researched other builders and communities. Our findings were that the other builders couldn't come close when it comes to the quality you get for the price you pay. We closed last February and are happy campers. We LOVE our home and brag about the efficiency whenever we get the opportunity. There have been some little things that had to be tweaked...but the overall quality of the home is all they said it would be. During the building process we were present and visited the building site almost daily. We were on a first name basis with our site manager. When workers were done we swept up and kept a watchful eye to insure they built as they should. We caught a couple mistakes along the way...which were corrected immediately. Our neighborhood is a close, friendly one. No one is griping about their house. If I listen to SMcGlynn's experience, I can only say they must have improved significantly. I sing a different tune.

The Rennai water system has had no problems.
The floors are great....no buckling.
The house is very, very tight....electric bills are low.
The flow of the house is interesting and the workmanship looks custom.
The appliances work flawlessly and the fixtures are high quality.

Any time we have called them to fix a little something, they have called back and scheduled someone to come over. Did they call back the same day? No. It took a few days, but they didn't ignore us or take an unreasonable time to reply.

That's my personal experience.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 01-18-2017 at 06:56 AM..

Old 01-16-2017, 03:43 PM

204 posts, read 181,380 times
Well that is encouraging and also mirror the research I've done.

We (family) have been looking in In Northern, Central and Southern Delaware but leaning toward the Sussex area.

Could you answer a couple of questions, are you part of an Insight development or a development that just has as few Insight homes ?

We have always had a traditional box style division of function traditional home and layout
I am drawn to the loft style open construct and wonder what type of floor plan did you pick and did you have a choice ?

Thanks for your help

Old 01-16-2017, 06:16 PM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
New homes many times have more problems than 10 year old houses. Buyer beware

Old 01-17-2017, 04:15 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,254,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
New homes many times have more problems than 10 year old houses. Buyer beware
Or, in our case, more problems than one built in 1895.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware