Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 10:29 AM

5 posts, read 6,771 times

Advertisements

My husband is being transferred to DE in less than two months. We currently own a home in WV that we are in the process of selling. We have two children still at home, ages 10 and 7. I grew up in Baltimore but have very little knowledge about Delaware. Can anyone recommend a family friendly area within a 10-15 mile radius of Rehoboth Beach? We currently do not have a Realtor but are looking for one if anyone can suggest someone. I homeschool my kids so living in a great school district isn't necessary. We're hoping to stay under $300k for a single family home with at least 1/2 an acre. Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 08:44 AM

71 posts, read 205,873 times
Hi lccferrell,

I sent you a private message. Welcome to DE, we love it here!

Cheers

Old 12-29-2014, 12:26 PM

Thank you :-)

Old 12-29-2014, 04:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,924,520 times
You could spit in any direction from Rehoboth and hit a good spot. There are lots of nice towns and really good rural and almost rural areas. I'll send you a name and number of a Realtor I used when I moved to Sussex county from Texas.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:15 PM

374 posts, read 519,854 times
Welcome to Delaware!

We searched several areas last year before deciding on Lewes, which is right next door to Rehoboth Beach. Completely agree with ShaneSA, there are a lot of nice areas in any direction from Rehoboth.

Getting a good realtor is key, and they can show you lots of areas, choices, and price ranges. My guess is that you will want to stay west of Route 1 because that is usually a demarcation line in prices. West of Route 1 generally yields lower prices and bigger lots because you don't have to pay the premium of lots closer to the beach. Traffic on Route 1 gets heavy during the Summer season, but it is not bad at all other times.

Please feel to send me note if I can be of any help as a recent transferee; but there are many resident experts on the Delaware board that can give you lots of details about different communities.

Best of luck!

Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM

15 posts, read 19,136 times
Default Moving soon too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccferrell View Post
My husband is being transferred to DE in less than two months. We currently own a home in WV that we are in the process of selling. We have two children still at home, ages 10 and 7. I grew up in Baltimore but have very little knowledge about Delaware. Can anyone recommend a family friendly area within a 10-15 mile radius of Rehoboth Beach? We currently do not have a Realtor but are looking for one if anyone can suggest someone. I homeschool my kids so living in a great school district isn't necessary. We're hoping to stay under $300k for a single family home with at least 1/2 an acre. Thank you in advance.
We are also planning a move to the Eastern Shore soon. Our kids are older, but we have the same housing criteria. Good luck on your move!

Old 12-30-2014, 10:31 AM

9,752 posts, read 14,322,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers_Gurl View Post
We are also planning a move to the Eastern Shore soon. Our kids are older, but we have the same housing criteria. Good luck on your move!
Eastern Shore?

Old 12-30-2014, 11:29 AM

Great, thank you!!

Old 12-30-2014, 12:52 PM

374 posts, read 519,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers_Gurl View Post
Steelers_Gurl,

Want to compliment you on your name!

My wife and I (both originally from the Pittsburgh area) are life-long Steelers fans, and welcome additional fan base support to the beach! We've noticed that as one would expect given the geography that there are a lot of Eagles, Redskins, and unfortunately Ravens fans. But also a fair number of Steeler fans.

Just kidding, Ravens fans, who doesn't enjoy a great rivalry?

Once we are all settled in perhaps we can meet for a future Steelers game at the beach!

Best of luck on your move.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:13 PM

15 posts, read 19,136 times
Ok, I must have done something wrong. I don't see my reply. Thank you for the compliment. Would love to watch a game. We are also huge Penguins fans. I already work in MD, so I'm used to Ravens and Redskins fans. We are originally from the State College area, but live near Gettysburg currently.

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Delaware