Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
That and they'll usually be carrying or assembling some sort of contraption they ordered from ACME!
the BEST protection from coyotes is to buy a GUARD ROAD RUNNER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:42 AM

345 posts, read 914,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Worry about wolves.Wolves Return to Colorado? | Mother Jones
You can scare off a coyote while the wolf just eats you.

Oh jeez don't scare her worse. Wolf attacks are more rare then coyote attacks. I am not sure there is even one documented death from a wolf in this country, but I cannot sit here and search for them. There might be a few but it did not come up on my first couple of pages of search. There are some attacks listed below back in the 1800's to present; no deaths listed there, maybe they are just biting to see if we will turn into werewolves lol. But in general unless rabid they tend to stay away from us even when we wander into their territory. Our dogs well that is a different story and I hope mine never run into them.
There was a death up in Alaska but they are not sure if a bear killed him then wolves were just eating him, that one I saw on Hunter and Hunted I think, awful no matter which way.

WOLF ATTACKS ON HUMANS

Killer Wolves

Don't fear the wildlife OP, don't feed it, leave out small dogs or cats and just go about your business. If you see a coyote, yell at it, wave your arms, clap your hands loud and it should run. If it doesn't, do not run, just walk away slowly, get in your car or house and call Fish and Game.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
Wolves are extinct in Colorado.
The rare one that comes along has wandered down from one of the northern states.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
In the area where my parents live (southeast aurora) you are bound to see a coyote. But they are harmless. They are small and when they see you they run away. If you have pets, keep an eye on them at night.

Pretty much only existing on the plains and near the mountains though. Its more enjoyable to watch the wildlife than being afraid of it. Its pretty cool to see coyotes, and deer running around. You'll be just fine.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:38 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default What about

Gators?

Historic Homes of Denver: Neighborhood Series, The Alligator in Washington Park's Grasmere Lake

Old 12-22-2011, 08:22 PM

3,605 posts, read 9,060,634 times
The fire ants in Houston are far more dangerous than the coyotes in Colorado.

We live up in the mountains and have a place in Santa fe, we have seen and heard lots of coyotes and never had a problem. They watch us and keep their distance, we watch them and keep ours too. The only time my big dogs even react to them is in Santa fe when their voices change on a hunt for rabbits, you can hear the pitch change and my dogs know it's time to head home. I don't worry about the coyotes coming after me or the dogs, I just think it's better to not get in the way of a pack of hunting coyotes.

Up here in Avon we joking have the "coyote wars". They take my dog's toys to a nesting spot, the dogs take them back the next day, then the coyote will mark the dogs toys, not in a liquid form, the dogs are not amused by that.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:25 AM

116 posts, read 232,817 times
-my train of thought as reading these comments lmao = D

Old 12-23-2011, 08:11 PM

17,710 posts, read 29,829,274 times
Default Are coyotes a threat?

Maybe.
But, this is good news: "British Family moving to Denver".
Newcomers.
We can feed them to the wildlife and no one will miss them.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
There are a lot of them down by Centennial Airport, I see them a few times a week.

Tuesday night, while at the Del Taco () drive-thru, there was one down in this creek thing between Del Taco and a mini-mall.

Just last night, I was at the Bradley station at Arapahoe/Peoria, and one stopped and came pretty close to my car. We just looked into each other's eyes for a minute, and he ran off.

The area sees its share of deer and foxes as well.

More people get killed by cars than by coyotes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver