Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 03:35 PM

3 posts, read 9,849 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My husband and I are going to be in Denver over the July 4th weekend. I am going to stay there from the 3rd evening to the 7th evening. Any ideas for things to do n see in and around denver. I will be staying in denver on all 4 nights but am open to staying one night away from denver...........plz help.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:40 PM

39 posts, read 110,438 times
I guess it depends on what kinds of things your looking for...

Outdoor stuff-
we have some awesome things to see around Denver. You could take a quick trip to Red Rocks and wander around (as long as there are no concerts going on) thats always fun to see. A drive up I-70 is always fun, you could browse a small mountain town like Georgetown or Silverthorn and see the outlets there. Elitch Gardens is our theme park, located right next to downtown Denver. There's also the Denver Botanic Gardens, which are always lovely this time of year. Even Washington Park (about 5 mins from downtown) has some outdoors stuff to offer. It's a beautiful park with a lake you can rent paddle boats to use. You can also rent those 4 person peddal carts to ride around the park. Great spot for a picnic. They have wonderful gardens there, and it's such a popular park it's like they have the Tour de France every weekend...

Indoor stuff-
The Denver Art Museum is amazing! We have one of the best in the country, in my opinion. There's also a new building connected to it, which is quite cool, and it's located in downtown Denver as well. The Molly Brown house is a cool place to visit, especially if you like old world stuff and antiques. The Denver Mint offers tours and that's kinda fun to see coins being made. Coors Brewery in Golden and the Celestial Seasonings factory in Boulder offer tours that are really neat too.

Shopping -
There's LOTS of great shopping in Denver. The Cherry Creek Mall and the area just north of it are hot spots, although the stores are more upscale. Castle Rock, just south of Denver has outlets which are quite nice and have lots of great stores. Denver also has "Antique Row" off of Broadway just south of downtown, which if you're an antique fan, you'll love. Other fun little strips of shopping are Old South Gaylord street with boutiques and restaurants (google it), and downtown the 16th Street Mall has free trollies to take you up and down the several streets of shopping and dining. Another great spot downtown is Larimer Square, off of Larimer street.

Restuarants-
The ones that I love are Sing Sing (a piano bar that is quite entertaining and good for a laugh. Racine's (you MUST try the Parisian flourless chocolate cake). The BEST spot in Denver for breakfast/brunch is Lucille's just south of downtown. It's AMAZING, but be prepared for a wait during the weekend, this place is popular. A Denver classic is the Wazee Supper Club off of Wazee. Also, the Buckhorn Exchange is a unique Denver dining experience. They still have Colorado's very 1st liquor license.

I hope this gives you some ideas! it's a great town, and there's lots to do if you look around.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:58 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,376,423 times
I heard a story on the news about the Cherry Creek arts festival, going on this coming weekend? You could google it if you're interested. Also, lots of 4th of July stuff. See the Fireworks thread. There is a link that lists more than just fireworks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver