Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 AM

20 posts, read 69,637 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm from Austin and have 2 dogs that are pit mixes. We are considering the Denver metro area because we want to move to a cooler climate and Ft. Collins is near Denver, where I would go to school. We have to make a decision soon, as I will apply to vet school in 2.5 years and need to establish residency. Right now we live in a suburb north of Austin, in a typical middle-class neighborhood. Somewhere safe and quiet and with decent access to the city and Ft. Collins is all we need. I'm used to an hour drive in traffic to work, so the commute isn't a huge issue. Also I'm not sure how much racism there is up there, but I am Hispanic and my bf is white, so that is kind of a concern. I expect some amount of racism anywhere, but would require a predominantly tolerant area.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to which towns between Denver and Ft. Collins would be a good fit, and pit friendly? [mod cut]
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited by suzco; 04-03-2008 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Not the forum for arguing about dog breeds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 05:37 PM

1 posts, read 10,590 times
Default Towns around Denver

Longmont may be a good option. It is 20 minutes from Boulder, 35 from Denver and about 45 from Ft. Collins. The city is very Pit Bull friendly and has a large hispanic population. The houses are reasonably priced, as is Ft Collins. You should check Ft. Collins out before you count it out. It is a cool town.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:11 PM

20 posts, read 69,637 times
Thanks so much LollyPSK! I'll be sure to check that out. Since I would go to school in Ft. Collins that would be great if we found a place there! I think someone else mentioned Longmont to me also, so it sounds like we have at least a couple of good possibilities.

Old 04-28-2008, 02:05 PM

1 posts, read 10,572 times
Default Moving-need a house to rent-have part pit bull...

Hello! I have been working diligently trying to find a section in Littleton/Highlands Ranch or Parker that will allow us and our part/pit mix. We are very good people, but every time we find a place the HOA does not allow our dog. ANY HELP?! We are getting married and moving in 2 months! Any suggestions?

Last edited by suzco; 04-28-2008 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: merged in existing thread

Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 25,670 times
Default Pit Bull friendly place

Hi Cherico, I just read your message and I'm curious: did you move to Colorado? Did you find a place that accepted you Pit? I live in Fla and moving to Colorado before the end of the year. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:16 PM

4 posts, read 25,670 times
Default Your Pit Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by clashcityrocker View Post
I can tell you since I own a Bull Terrier mix and I am looking into relocating to Colorado that there are cities that allow pitbulls. Look into Littleton, Lakewood and Englewood. But avoid Aurora, Golden, Lone Tree, Commerce City they all have Breed Specific Legislation. Littleton actually voted against such laws so that may be a good place to look. I have found this website to be really helpful:
[URL="http://www.rott-n-chatter.com/rottweilers/laws/breedspecific.html"]BREED-SPECIFIC LEGISLATION[/URL]

it lists cities with BSL and even those that have voted against it. It's a great reference

Hi,

did you find a place for you and your pit bull? I'm moving to Colorado from Florida soon. Thank you.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 19,311 times
this forum was very helpful in finding a pitbull friendly citie what i really need is a simple list of such cities so i can further my house hunting here in colorado. but thanks for all the great input on this matter.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 19,311 times
your suggested site was the greatest source for where i can search for a home for our family including our loving pitbulls. yes their pitbulls but we like to call them puddlebulls. they are everything to us . we would live in a tent if we had too. thanx again

Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,758 times
A breed ban it like a ethnic race ban.if a child no matter his race is raised to hate he or she hates. if a dog iny dog is trained to sit it sits if its trained to bite it bite. Why blame the breed when its the owners fault.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 PM

1 posts, read 8,978 times
i have a baby blue nose pit names Tank and i have had to move twice and going on my third because there was nothing on the lease saying they were band but then they decided that they werent allowed? i was first in a apartment in littleton and then one in arvada and i am now having to move again. I will not give up my pit. EVER!... he is the sweatese dog and barely 4 months and word has it people around my living area feel threatened by him when the poor thing hasnt even grown all his teeth in. ITS STUPID AND SAD. But good luck staying near denver with a pit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver